• Advertisement

Surviving through cooperation

Post MA meetups and events here

Moderator: Lynda

Surviving through cooperation

Postby mzmoet27 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:16 am

Finding like minded people is probably the toughest thing one can do, especially when it comes to disaster preparedness. Aside from food and water storage, the next most important thing to possess is a network of skilled people from all walks of life. I'm in the Wellesley, MA area and would like to meet with people who not only are preparing for the unthinkable, but who would be willing to share their skills. I work as a nurse in alternative medicine and am presently researching the medicinal value of the plants that grow wild in the New England area. I would like to start a network to share ideas along this line and work towards creating friendships with people I wouldn't mind surviving with. Any takers?
mzmoet27

Re: Surviving through cooperation

Postby Lynda » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:25 am

mzmoet27 wrote:Finding like minded people is probably the toughest thing one can do, especially when it comes to disaster preparedness. Aside from food and water storage, the next most important thing to possess is a network of skilled people from all walks of life. I'm in the Wellesley, MA area and would like to meet with people who not only are preparing for the unthinkable, but who would be willing to share their skills. I work as a nurse in alternative medicine and am presently researching the medicinal value of the plants that grow wild in the New England area. I would like to start a network to share ideas along this line and work towards creating friendships with people I wouldn't mind surviving with. Any takers?

I would first ask if you've forged neighborhood friendships and a network of family who feel as you do. There was some talk about a meet up here in Massachusetts awhile ago and I offered to meet earlier this year but no one responded. There are a fair number of people who live in the southeastern area of MA you may want to touch base with.
THINK......It's not illegal yet.

I Am Responsible For What I Say. I Am Not Responsible For What You Understand.
Lynda
Massachusetts Preppers Network
Massachusetts Preppers Network

Re: Surviving through cooperation

Postby cityhomesteader » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:01 am

mzmoet27 wrote:Finding like minded people is probably the toughest thing one can do, especially when it comes to disaster preparedness. Aside from food and water storage, the next most important thing to possess is a network of skilled people from all walks of life. I'm in the Wellesley, MA area and would like to meet with people who not only are preparing for the unthinkable, but who would be willing to share their skills. I work as a nurse in alternative medicine and am presently researching the medicinal value of the plants that grow wild in the New England area. I would like to start a network to share ideas along this line and work towards creating friendships with people I wouldn't mind surviving with. Any takers?

You can keep an eye open in the CT forums.. I lead Foraging and plant I.D. hikes in the Spring...I will be posting some soon...As to getting to know others...You will have to really be careful...There are a LOT more folks out there wanting to know what You HAVE, than wanting to form a group...of beneficial support members.. I like Lynda's Idea of starting out by finding neighbors and getting a group of them together...
Cityhomesteader
16 This is what the LORD says:
“Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. Jeremiah 6"
http://www.ConnecticutPreppersNetwork.net
cityhomesteader
Connecticut State Moderator
Connecticut State Moderator

Return to Massachusetts Meetups