• Advertisement

More Bad Weather

General Massachusetts Discussions Go Here

Moderator: Lynda

More Bad Weather

Postby Lynda » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:10 am

How are you MA preppers doing? Have you dug yourself out from the last storm?
Looks like it's going to be a wintry mix with dangerous driving conditions. Stay safe out there if you do have to be on the road.
From NECN.

"Tuesday... Snow develops from west to east between 6 and 8 AM, respectively, with a heavy burst followed by moderate snow intensity, tapering between 6 and 8 PM. See video forecast for accumulation map - generally 4"-6" south (less at South Coast), 2"-4" North. Highs in the 30s South Coast, 20s for many, teens north. Northeast wind at 4-14 mph, except light and variable in Maine.

Overnight Tuesday Night... A lull in precipitation, with patchy light snow and freezing drizzle, then snow redevelops predawn. Lows in the 20s for many, teens north, 30s South Coast. Northeast wind at 8-18 mph.

Wednesday... Snow for many- blizzard conditions possible in NH and ME - mixing with sleet and freezing rain south of Route 2 in Northern MA, and changing to rain at the South Coast. Accumulations of 1-3 feet for many, dependent upon location, less south of the Massachusetts Turnpike - see video forecast for accumulation map.
THINK......It's not illegal yet.

I Am Responsible For What I Say. I Am Not Responsible For What You Understand.
Lynda
Massachusetts Preppers Network

Re: More Bad Weather

Postby Lynda » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:58 am

I just read that the MidWest is getting a "monster storm."

Below is for my area. Updated. Very dangerous conditions.

National Weather Service Zone Forecast
For: Suffolk
653 AM EST TUE FEB 1 2011 ...winter storm warning in effect until 1 am est thursday...
TODAY
Snow. Snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches. Cold with highs in the mid 20s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.
TONIGHT
Snow...a chance of freezing drizzle and sleet in the evening...then snow with possible freezing drizzle and sleet after midnight. Additional snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. Ice accumulation around a trace. Not as cool. Near steady temperature in the mid 20s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. chance of precipitation 90 percent.
WEDNESDAY
Snow and sleet in the morning...then sleet...rain... snow and freezing rain in the afternoon. Snow may be heavy at times. Additional snow and sleet accumulation of 4 to 6 inches. ice accumulation around a trace. Highs in the mid 30s. Northeast winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

Lynda

Postby cityhomesteader » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:37 am

stay safe my friend! It is snowing and looks to be sleeting a tiny bit here in CT.
UGH just what we need..
I posted a Storm warning on CT and someone actually posted a derogatory comment.. Like I was getting all flaky posting storm warnings?!? like to see the person deal with all this stuff.. I hope we get mostly snow. I am not in the mood for ice right now!! My DD had to work today..That means I get to drive my little old honda 4 banger up a steep hill to pick her up at 4:30pm.. Praying they have early dismissal..
Cityhomesteader
16 This is what the LORD says:
“Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. Jeremiah 6"
http://www.ConnecticutPreppersNetwork.net
cityhomesteader
Connecticut State Moderator
Connecticut State Moderator

Postby Lynda » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:46 am

City, don't know why anyone would post a derrogatory comment about a storm warning. I thought each state had a weather conditions sub-forum, hence the reason we post on them.

I'm concerned about the icing up, too. YOU stay safe and drive carefully, my friend.

Lynda

Postby JayJay » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:13 am

We're having daytime 50s here in southern Ky...but lows back to 19 or 20 next few nights...uggggh.

Could be - 20 as some states are right now... :eek:
HAPPINESS is not a fish you catch but a fish you feed.
JayJay

Postby Ironfire182 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:07 am

If you got to go out in the snow today, be Careful.
Heaviest snow in my area (Northern Middlesex County) is between Noon and 3pm.
Ironfire182

Postby russa11 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:51 pm

been quite the storm. Had 9 inches yesterday and the same if not more today. Not sure where I will put the snow come the next storm. Running out of places.
russa11

Postby Lynda » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:21 pm

russa, same here.

Lynda

Postby russa11 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:36 pm

I am figuring since christmas we have gotten about 80 inches of snow here.
russa11

Return to Massachusetts Discussion, News and Weather