• Advertisement

South Carolina Preppers Roll Call 11/26

Welcome To the South Carolina Preppers Network. Introduce Yourself Here

Moderators: MouseToes, ForwardPreppers, HCPrepper

South Carolina Preppers Roll Call 11/26

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:51 pm

South Carolina Preppers, Check in and let us know what you've been doing lately to prep.
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: South Carolina Preppers Roll Call 11/26

Postby SCPrepper » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:44 am

This has been a busy month.....just been stockin some extra food now that Walmart extended the discount to groceries !
SC District 5
SCPrepper
South Carolina Preppers Network

Postby Silent Bob » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:22 pm

To be truthfull , I have been working all the time :crazy: I did get Thanksgiving off , but had to be back in early the next morning. I hope to get leveled out this next year .
Sorry for not being more encouraging .

Bob
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however, an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

SC District 5
Silent Bob

Postby ctraiford » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:15 pm

Just a thought, Christmas decorations as a prep? I bought a string of lights this weekend that were powered by a small solar panel. Each light has its own battery and the panel recharges them. Five led lights in the string. My kids love the lights and it didn't seem like a bad set up to have around. Just thought I would share.

Charles
:gunsmile:
ctraiford

Postby Silent Bob » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:18 pm

Hello and WELCOME ctraiford !! I have some of the solar walkway lights that Walley World sells . I have tried them inside the house after they had been charging all day and even one will give enough light so you can see to get around . I can take out the battery (AA) and put it in my solar battery charger and it will put a better charge on them that will last most of the night .
Thanks for shareing this , we might be able to find some after Christmas at a reduced price.
Bob
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however, an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

SC District 5
Silent Bob

Postby mrburpee » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:19 am

hi my name is nick and i have been pepping for the last few months. I am a former marine interested in talking with locals a I and my family are new to the area
mrburpee

Postby Earthbound » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:29 pm

Welcome, Nick. Read through past posts about meetups and cooperation. Even though I think that is an important aspect of prepping, it seems most prepper/survivalist folks won't do much in that regard. They seem to be more fearful or suspicious of online contacts than real world contacts.

If you want to talk to locals, it might help to indicate what part of the state you're in. Sometimes meetups are as simple as gathering at a restaurant for lunch on Saturday and just chatting. I've done that, but I prefer outdoor oriented events.

The more active you are here, the better the chance that people will begin to trust you enough to consider meetups. And you may be able to get some of the info you want just through posting here. Private Messages (PMs) are available to everyone but don't expect other members to give out too much info just because it's a PM.
Earthbound

Postby Silent Bob » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:56 pm

Hello and Welcome Nick ! Earthbound is correct , the more we post the more we get to know someone and feel comfortable with . I would like to get up a campout at a local state park sometime in Jan or Feb . It would more of a car / truck campout rather than a hike in and camp. A lot of us are getting some age on us and sitting around a campfire is a lot more relaxing .
Bob

SC District 5
Silent Bob

Postby mrburpee » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:19 pm

not sure if im responding in the correct box but anyway im currently in the charleston area was looking to buy mountain house #10 cans bout 6 months worth fr 4 adults (family includes myself, wife and two children both under 4 yrs) along with two 6mo. stores of milk for the kids. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
mrburpee

Postby okraeater » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:10 am

I am new to this forum, live near Greenville. Today my wife and I began assembling 24-hour emergency bags. You have to start somewhere.
okraeater

Postby Silent Bob » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:24 pm

Welcome okraeater !! You and your wife have made a wise decision to start there with the 24 hr bag . Prepping can and will lead to peace of mind knowing that you are ready for the worst.
Bob

SC District 5
Silent Bob

Postby sksjunkie » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:43 pm

Hello all. Just joined up. This looks like a good site. Love what yall are doing. I am from York county. I am a farmer and avid shooter. I heard of this site through a few different podcast. I am glad to see some people from my local area.
sksjunkie

Postby sksjunkie » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:02 pm

I raise chickens, goats. and a herd of brood cows. I am a fair mechanic. lately I have been storing store bought, and homegrown food. Trying to learn to can (I made some good corn kind of nasty :) ) I've stocked up on ammo. In the last few months I've been working on an old chevy 3/4 4x4 truck (farm truck, BOV?). So if I can help anyone with livestock or any auto/diesel questions let me know.
sksjunkie

Postby Earthbound » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:36 pm

Welcome to the SC group. If I ever get out where I can have animals, I may have questions for you. I am committed to all my stuff being natural/organic.
Earthbound

Postby Silent Bob » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:32 pm

Hello and Welcome Sksjunkie . We are glad to have you here with us . It sounds like you are on your way to being prepared for anything.
Bob

SC District 5
Silent Bob

Next

Return to Check In Here South Carolina Preppers