• Advertisement
New Forum Rules
Please Read

A Great Campout At Sadlers Creek

South Carolina Meetups and Events Go Here

Moderators: MouseToes, HCPrepper

A Great Campout At Sadlers Creek

Postby Silent Bob » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:38 pm

I just got back from a GREAT time at the NC,SC,GA campout . I would like to thank all the people that went to the trouble of getting it together . Icequeen, did a great job of finding the location to have it . Founderant did a great job on his Disaster camp . Farside gave a talk about the BOB's and items he has in his. I am sorry that I don't remember the person that had the Ultra light bag :( , but he made me think about the weight that I carry in my BOB . I also forgot the name of the person that gave a good talk on the medical items :( , I learned a lot from him . What really stuck was his comment about the Neosporin and the peroxide. Hopefully by next time I will learn to remember names :? . I especially like to thank all the people that spent their time cooking some of the BEST FOOD that I have ever ate . Everyone there was friendly and treated everyone else like family. Just when we thought it could not get any better , Someone arranged for a firework display Saturday night that was very impressive. Whoever you are , THANK YOU !!! :clap: . I also would like to thank all the ( POINT OF CONTACT ) people that helped to make it a good time, without your dedicated time this would not have happened :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however, an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

SC District 5
Silent Bob
South Carolina Preppers Network

Re: A Great Campout At Sadlers Creek

Postby ForwardPreppers » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:44 pm

I want to personally thank Farside and Ice Queen from GA and FounderAnt from NC for their help and tremendous effort in putting the weekend together. Mrs. FP and I had a great time! We learned several things at the many workshops that were held over the weekend. The best part was the many friendships that were made with the folks from GA and NC. It was nice to be able to finally put a face with a name.

The weekend was such a big success we are thinking about having campouts 3-4 times a year here in South Carolina in different parts of the state to see if we can't get more people involved, not only from SC but from our friendly neighbors in NC and GA.

We sprung into ACTION with the many workshops, dutch oven cooking, great conversations, exchanging information and forming bonds. Some of the workshops were: trapping-from a person who actually does it for a living!, BOB's, medical/first aid-from a highly experienced trauma nurse, HAM radio demo and a disaster trek thru the woods/ANTS introduction. It was great to be able to practice some of our skills and to learn new ones. I can't forget the most important thing, the ever expanding network of preppers. It now expands into 3 states. Truely amazing.

And as we all know, things can never go completely smoothly and this is what you want when you're trying to learn! It was great to see how your equipment will (or won't) work, how your food and/or food skills can carry you through - hmmm picked up more bread making tips, or how what was a great plan for your chicken coup.....well, someone's already been there and their input saved you time and money!!!

One last thing.....social event. Yes, it is a social event. Yes, we talked....ALOT! But there is no other way to form true friendships without making those social connections. The boards are full of information, no doubt, but just being face to face with a person, where you can ask questions, get feedback and just connect cannot be overstated. We learned more than can be expressed here. I hope that all of you will be able to connect with preppers around you through meet ups - cannot express enough how valuble they are.

We look FORWARD to seeing you all again and hope to see more of you next time!
SC District 5

When a defining moment comes along, you define the moment… or the moment defines you.
ForwardPreppers

Postby farside » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:16 pm

Thank you all for your kind words. Georgia has been doing bugout for three years now. Each and every one getting better and more fun. To clear things up, Benny1 did the medic box and MrTLwagg did the Lite BOB.
The outstanding women keeping me straight in the kitchen were Revenwood and Tlwagg. I like to thank all the preppers that jumped in with a helping hand to get things done.

I'm looking forward to next year. We'll see what y'all can do.

Oh Cavedriverbob won the dutch oven contest. If you want the hashbrown potato or blueberry recipes check the Georgia preppers network.
IDEAS ARE A DIME A DOZEN - PEOPLE WHO PUT THEM INTO ACTION ARE PRICELESS.
South Metro Region
State Counsel Chairman
Retired Combat Infantry NCO
farside
Georgia Preppers Network
Georgia Preppers Network

Postby Vina8 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:11 pm

Great weekend, everyone! Here is a link to a thread on the NC forum where some of us have posted about the camp-out. Start on p. 2. viewtopic.php?f=157&t=28040&start=15

I have also posted some additional pictures and description of the event on my blog: http://ncpreppers.com/2012/09/17/southe ... ut-report/
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

V8

Vina8's blog: http://ncpreppers.com/
Vina8's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/ncpreppers
Vina8
North Carolina Preppers Network
North Carolina Preppers Network

Postby mrbrooks » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:53 am

Hello SC,

It was very nice to meet you guys! I hope to meet more of you guys next year!
region 3
mrbrooks
Georgia Preppers Network
Georgia Preppers Network

Return to South Carolina Meetups