• Advertisement

Land Availability Washington Help

Post General Washington Topics here

Moderator: MrDanB

Land Availability Washington Help

Postby bchoate31 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:10 pm

So I have been searching the web for months now looking for land in order to start building my shelter, but i can not find any reasonably priced lots of land in an area that I would like. Ideally, I would like to just find a land owner that is willing to let me build on their land (for a fee most likely) in an off grid sort of environment. Does anyone know a website where I could possibly go to find people willing to work out something like this? Has anyone gone this route?

Also, if there is already a forum on this topic i apologize. I tried to search on APN but came up with next to nothing.

Thanks!

:gunsmile: :gunshooting: :floppytongue:
Happy Prepping
bchoate31

Re: Land Availability Washington Help

Postby AuntBee » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:13 pm

You might be better off posting your own ad on Craigslist or in community newspapers.

Did you try http://www.beginningfarmers.org/finding-land-to-farm/ ? They have a big list of links for all kinds of farm land for sale, lease, transfer, etc,

There is also http://www.sharedearth.com

"Shared Earth connects people who have land, with people who want to garden or farm. Search listings and message with nearby gardeners or landowners to get started on your next garden!"

I don't know if they are legit, so you should do some research.

Aunt Bee
AuntBee
New York Preppers Network
New York Preppers Network

Postby Blondie » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:38 pm

How much per acre do you consider reasonable?

I'm not an attorney but building a home/cabin/teepee on someone else's land is a little, okay a LOT risky. What if you come home one day to an eviction notice because they don't like you any more?

If you're going to venture into something that risky I would say park a mobile or travel trailer on it. Then at least you won't be homeless. You can pack up and take it with you.

My personal belief is that Prepping should keep you safe & sound.
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie

Postby Permafrost » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:58 pm

Eastern or Western Washington?
Permafrost
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Postby Wally3430 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:31 pm

I find that both http://www.landwatch.com and http://www.landsofwashington.com are both good websites, as well as http://www.survivalrealty.com. Google local realtors websites also. If there's nothing you can afford there, try a post on http://www.homesteadingtoday.com. I found NE Washington to be a very affordable part of Washington based on periodic searches; in many cases less than $2K per acre. Good luck!
Wally3430

Postby MrDanB » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:19 am

bchoate31, I would not build on someone elses property unless you have some sort of written agreement. Probably the best thing to do would be to find acreage with an existing RV roof/shelter in place and make sure it's close to running water. If you are in the greater Seattle area you probably don't want to have to drive several hours away to your land. There are places just outside of Cle Elum proper that won't break the bank. Other possibilities would be parts of Skagit county or heading to southwest Wa. Luckily, we have a ton of undeveloped land here in our state and we have lots of water resources! Craigslist, landwatch or certain real estate websites will allow you to do a search and find something reasonable. If you don't have much cash, you can find land owners who will let you make payments and hold the contract for you for a percentage of the note. Good luck in your search! :)
"If you can't see the bright side of life... Try polishing the dull side" :)

You may NOT use any of my published content in any format for any reason without my express written consent!
MrDanB
Washington State Moderator
Washington State Moderator

Postby LiberMama » Sat May 28, 2016 7:41 pm

We searched for about 9 months trying to locate affordable land. We ended up purchasing 10 acres in NE Washington. Some of the more desirable locations have been overrun by the 'Hollywood" types and have caused land prices to become so expensive that locals can't afford to buy land... meaning the median incomes of a given area should reflect the prices of the land for sale. Unfortunately, the realtors even in our area tend to try to get Olympia or Spokane prices for property... greedy and unreasonable if you ask me. Most of the people living in our county are retirees or people on welfare, there's virtually no middle class here... we're 1 hr away from anything in any direction, which limits who is willing to move here.... BUT, I do have an option for a family who is in transition. Meaning, if they'd like to have a business and a place to live while they continue to search for a property suited to their checklist.... I have a successful business for sale -- its something that must be run by family only... (minimum of 2 adults and 2 teenage children) So if anyone is interested message me through the PM of this forum and I'll let you know the details. Its what helped us transition (although we purchased our property first, we didn't expect to move here for 10 years or more, but due to downsizing in 2010 my husband said 'screw corporate life' and said lets move to our property... so we've been here 5 yrs so far. This business opportunity was what we have lived on, but as empty-nesters we can't continue without our children helping us.... so its something to consider.
A conservative (a noun) wants to conserve (a verb) your rights and freedom and resources.
A liberal (a noun) is liberal (a verb) with your rights and freedom and resources.
LiberMama

Postby golddigger14s » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:39 pm

Tax lien properties.
golddigger14s

Return to Washington Discussion, News and Weather