• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

Super Volcano

Post General Washington Topics here

Moderator: MrDanB

Re: Super Volcano

Postby Lifelong Survivalist » Fri May 20, 2016 11:07 am

Anita, Sorry about your eyes. I have tried several different approaches and styles to my writing. I too have had vision problems so I sympathize about that. I had surgery on both of mine. Sometimes I type in all caps too because the font on my computer is small and hard for me to read and therefore I miss many typos, even though I do proof read everything I type before posting or sending. People have told me (just saying) and (just a tip) before. Also constructive criticism and advice. I don't mean any offense or rudeness. I have even been told that typing in all caps is equated to screaming and yelling and is rude, which I have never considered it to be. Bold and block type in all caps is easier for me to see and read on my computer as well. As far as I am concerned keyboards lack many features and special keys that should be there and are not. I must wear reading glasses when on my computer, so I understand the problems for some other peoples eyes. AuntBee has had some eye problems as well. I don't paragraph because I ramble too often. It also wastes too much space on the windows on my computer and quickly fills a window and scrolls out of the top and then I can't see how long my post or message is after that. I also have a problem with email space. You can please some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. So, I'm dammed if I do and I'm dammed if I don't. I choose to please myself and to Hell with it. (just saying) No offense intended and I hope none is taken. Lifelong is a Native Montanan who has been to Yellowstone Park dozens of times since birth and probably knows more about Yellowstone Park than any other Member on this website, and has studied earth geology since age 12, especially PLATE TECTONICS and Mineralogy. Lifelong has been employed in several occupations directly related to earth sciences. Have you catfeet? Also for everyone who reads my replies and posts: I know you are trying to be helpful, and the gesture is appreciated, but wasted on me, because I do not open attachments, click on links that have been sent to me, or watch videos sent either, unless they are from a very highly trusted person I know. I follow the advice that my computer security company gives me and I have very few computer problems as a result. I spend on average more than 8 hours on my computer almost every single day, sometimes 10 to 14. When ever I don't have something more important to do. I do not worry about any SHTF or event. Worrying is detrimental, a total waste of time, a negative, and damages the psyche and eats away at mental health and well being, and can also cause unnecessary stress. I just Prep and hope for the best and pray and count my Blessings daily. Mood has everything to do with everything in my life. I am watchful and cautious. the west coast volcanoes pose a greater potential threat in my life time so I just am mindful of that. OP, I hope you did not shoot the Duck! :rofl: :D P.S. I do not bang my head on walls or touch hot stoves. ... :-) Lifelong
UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL :-)
Lifelong Survivalist

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Fri May 20, 2016 11:11 am

You know you can increase the size of the letters on the screen under settings.
PatrioticStabilist

Postby anita » Fri May 20, 2016 11:32 am

I don't have eye problems, except that I'm near-sighted, and wear glasses. I am a writer/editor and I'm staring at type all the time. You can make your writing much easier to read by simply separating it into paragraphs. I don't care if it is on the computer or on a piece of paper, it is more difficult to read when it's a dense paragraph. As it is, I usually get in about 3 lines and give up because it isn't worth the aggravation. And USING CAPS DOESN"T HELP!! It is annoying.
In honor of RebNavy: "Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
anita

Postby rebnavy1862 » Fri May 20, 2016 12:59 pm

anita wrote:I don't have eye problems, except that I'm near-sighted, and wear glasses. I am a writer/editor and I'm staring at type all the time. You can make your writing much easier to read by simply separating it into paragraphs. I don't care if it is on the computer or on a piece of paper, it is more difficult to read when it's a dense paragraph. As it is, I usually get in about 3 lines and give up because it isn't worth the aggravation. And USING CAPS DOESN"T HELP!! It is annoying.

Three lines?? Really?? I don't get THAT far.
Reb
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby Gunns » Fri May 20, 2016 1:14 pm

rebnavy1862 wrote:
anita wrote:I don't have eye problems, except that I'm near-sighted, and wear glasses. I am a writer/editor and I'm staring at type all the time. You can make your writing much easier to read by simply separating it into paragraphs. I don't care if it is on the computer or on a piece of paper, it is more difficult to read when it's a dense paragraph. As it is, I usually get in about 3 lines and give up because it isn't worth the aggravation. And USING CAPS DOESN"T HELP!! It is annoying.

Three lines?? Really?? I don't get THAT far.
Reb

If you read this you got to line 3.
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby anita » Fri May 20, 2016 1:39 pm

Gunns wrote:
If you read this you got to line 3.

Those aren't three lines filled with solid type.

THIS is three solid lines of type:(taken from LS's post above)

People have told me (just saying) and (just a tip) before. Also constructive criticism and advice. I don't mean any offense or rudeness. I have even been told that typing in all caps is equated to screaming and yelling and is rude, which I have never considered it to be. Bold and block type in all caps is easier for me to see and read on my computer as well. As far as I am concerned keyboards lack many features and special keys that should be there and are not. I must wear reading glasses when on my computer, so I understand the problems for some other peoples eyes. AuntBee has had some eye problems as well. I don't paragraph because I ramble too

(Edited to add--when I cut and past it's 3 lines, but when it comes out in the finished message, it's about 3 1/2)
In honor of RebNavy: "Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

anita

Postby catfeet » Sun May 22, 2016 7:36 am

Reb - ITA, tmi!

Anita, I agree, some paragraphs would be nice. I don't mean to be rude, but I tend to skip LS's posts because I can't read 'em in one big blurb like that. If it ain't in the first couple of sentences, I don't read it - I've an astigmatism to beat the band.

Catfeet, who literally can't see her hand in front of her face without her glasses, and who got trifocals (I dig the progressives - SO worth the $) at 45.
catfeet
Vermont Preppers Network
Vermont Preppers Network

Postby Lifelong Survivalist » Sun May 22, 2016 11:16 am

anita and catfeet...............Check your PM inbox for PRIVATE MESSAGE. :D :-) Lifelong
UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL :-)
Lifelong Survivalist

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Mon May 23, 2016 2:24 pm

Just put 2 spaces between each line that will also help it not to run together.
PatrioticStabilist

Postby sageprice » Tue May 24, 2016 1:02 pm

Back to subject, you better have more than one years of supplies. :shock: :shock:
sageprice
Maryland Preppers Network
Maryland Preppers Network

Previous

Return to Washington Discussion, News and Weather