• Advertisement

Hanford Kills Washington State

Post General Washington Topics here

Moderator: MrDanB

Hanford Kills Washington State

Postby idahobeef » Wed May 18, 2016 7:31 am

You know what is really amazing? The ignorance of some people! My sister and brother in law work out at Hanford and there was just a huge article in the papers about how the tank farm is leaking high level radioactive waste water into the surrounding water table, which touches the Columbia River. When I brought this up, my brother in law actually looked me in the eye and said they weren't leaking. What a dicktard! I guess the papers are totally wrong and he is right. HAH. If high level radioactive waste migrates to the Columbia, which is very very easy if you look at the location, the entire river system downstream would be massively polluted, all the way to Portland, Oregon. Our STUPID federal government made this mess here, and I worry about it (I live in Kennewick, which is nearby). Several of my family members have died from cancer from the radioactive plumes they released here in the region during the 50s and 60s, they even got a pathetic settlement for it years ago ($50,000 USD). Hanford literally is a very dangerous ticking time bomb. I asked my sister about it, and she poo-pooed the idea of radiation getting out. Then she found out a few months later that the land directly acorss from Hanford on the other side of the river which they were thinking of buying had dangerously high levels of radioactive iodine in it! You had to drink bottle water if you bought the property, hahaaha. Some people are so damn ignorant, even our scientists and technicians who work in the field and on these plants (and other chemical and petro plants too, I bet).

The moral of this story is, just because someone works at a plant or location doesnt mean they know everything that is happening there. It could be unsafe!
idahobeef

Re: Hanford Kills Washington State

Postby Lifelong Survivalist » Wed May 18, 2016 10:09 am

GOOD-BYE DUCK.
UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL :-)
Lifelong Survivalist

Postby bacpacker1513 » Wed May 18, 2016 3:51 pm

Hanford is leaking and is a mess. Not really anyway to clean up the mess either.
One of many around the country.
Greater Love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for a friend.
John 15:13
bacpacker1513
Tennessee Preppers Network
Tennessee Preppers Network

Postby peekachoo » Thu May 19, 2016 9:56 pm

My brother in law has worked there for 35 years and has his daughter working there now. They have no health problems.
peekachoo
Colorado Preppers Network
Colorado Preppers Network

Postby Lifelong Survivalist » Thu May 19, 2016 11:45 pm

One of the jobs I had while living in the Denver Colorado, suburbs, was for a drilling company that drilled ground water monitoring wells near and down stream in the water table to check for radioactive and chemical contamination that could possibly travel under ground on bedrock from one U.S. Army arsenal, and one U.S. Dept. of Energy "Facility" not far from populations and farms and ranches with water wells for humans and livestock and crop irrigation. I am sure that in the areas surrounding Hanford Works there are rings of monitor wells in place to check for contamination of the same types...radioactive and chemical. The D.O.E. and the E.P.A. are both involved in such projects. In years of the past I traveled the highway that passes through the Hanford Works Reservation. For everyone's info. that is the site that enriched some of the uranium used to make the 2 bombs that were dropped on Japan in 1945. The Tennessee Valley Authority Project was also involved in some way with producing those first two bombs. Good thing Japan surrendered soon after the second one was dropped because we did not yet have a third one actually built. I spent the years between age 3 and 10 living in the town of Sunnyside, which is also not far from Hanford Works. It is just as controversial as living near a nuclear power Plant. Many people are not personally in favor of Nuclear Power, especially in light of Chernoble, 3 Mile Island, and the plant in Japan that melted down, and several "accidents" at these types of sites. Personally I favor Wind, dams-Hydro), solar, and Geothermal Power production. A steady conversion away from nuclear and fossil fuels burning. All clean and safe forms of energy production and conserving and using it wisely and not wasting it. You don't need to shoot the Duck now. :D :-) Lifelong
UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL :-)
Lifelong Survivalist

Return to Washington Discussion, News and Weather