• Advertisement

My Garden and I NEED BABY POWDER!

Post General Washington Topics here

Moderator: MrDanB

My Garden and I NEED BABY POWDER!

Postby idahobeef » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:48 am

Hahaha, well guess what? Just as we were ready to harvest our small garden, our latino neighbors (I am pretty sure) snuck in at night and picked everything! GRRR. I hate lawlessness. We live in a large 300,000 pop area which is highly dangerous if SHTF. I also didn't realize we needed baby powder; my mother cannot get out of bed anymore so we wash her and use baby powder to keep her dry between washings. Sweat build up and make you sick or tear the skin, but baby powder is AMAZING! Another thing I found was petroleum jelly heals foot cracks; buy the name brand, the cheapo stuff doesn't work as fast or as well. I worry very much about food riots, although we are an agricultural area. Its very gestapo here in Washington state, I can see them coming for peoples food in their homes so we try to buy anonymously when we can. Cheers!
idahobeef

Re: My Garden and I NEED BABY POWDER!

Postby arkieready » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:07 am

Well. That didn't go where I expected it to.
You didn't have rat traps hidden in the garden? That does suck. All your hard work on someone else's plate. It's very frustrating when it's critters, but that is what critters do. But when it's people ........
P!

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.

--Robert Frost--
arkieready
Arkansas Preppers Network
Arkansas Preppers Network

Postby rickdun » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:32 am

Post no tresspassing signs around your garden/property, then put out some #2-(5 1/2") jaw or #3-(6") jaw traps in your garden, use

a 4 or 5 foot steak and pound it into the ground real deep and wait for someone to scream. Camo the traps and let your family know

where they are at. I'll bet you'll have a nice garden next year. If the cops are called on ya, tell them you have a big rat problem and

just trying to take care of it.
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby NJMike » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:57 am

I'd perhaps suggest a trail cam, mounted high up enough that they can't easily get to it. Put a high organic grown value on the crops, and damage to the property when you file the report with the police, and perhaps it will be >$500 felony vs. misdemeanor. Less liability than injuring a trespasser...
NJMike
New Jersey Preppers Network
New Jersey Preppers Network

Postby Illini Warrior » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:54 am

consider yourself lucky if they picked the actual veggies/fruit and not the entire plants - that's the usual MO - pull the bush bean plant and pick it clean off site ....

if this is the case they are looking forward to future garden raids - they'll be back

in the SHTF situation - they'll be coming for you whether they see you stocking up or not - they'll be out looting the stores and the higher fruit first - they'll get around to you after the better fruit is gone .... don't expect them to take only your goods - sounds like they are some bad ombres ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:42 pm

You can use corn starch its in a lot of baby powders, also keep Desitin ointment on hand it will cure all kinds of
skin inflammations. Both good products. Baby diapers would be good and soft and could be lain under breasts
to absorb moisture.
PatrioticStabilist

Postby oldasrocks » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:15 pm

Sprinkle baby powder on the veggies and put up warning sign that says garden just treated for bugs. Or spray everything down with hot pepper juice. think Carolina Reapers.
oldasrocks
Missouri Preppers Network
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby LeeLynn » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:06 am

Go like Trump. Build a wall and make them pay for it. You can either sell them the produce or trade for labor. I can't stand a thief.
LeeLynn

Return to Washington Discussion, News and Weather