• Advertisement

Patriot Nurse

Post General Washington Topics here

Moderator: MrDanB

Patriot Nurse

Postby unventedanger » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:26 pm

I have listened to Patriot Nurse on and off over the years and I would like to hear other people's views and opinions on her. Thank you in advance.
unventedanger
Washington Preppers Network
Washington Preppers Network

Re: Patriot Nurse

Postby derhaashund » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:46 pm

I've enjoyed many of her posts. Some of her more political ones I don't fully agree with but overall, she offers good info when she stays on topic.
derhaashund
Earn gift cards to build your prep stash here http://www.points2shop.com/l/45/default?ref=uin1456091242 or PM me for more info.
derhaashund
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby farmer_dude48 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:38 am

I really don't follow her anymore she became to political and seems to be spewing hate a
lot of the the time...
" Doing what I can with what I got " Mr. Burt Gummer
farmer_dude48
Indiana Preppers Network
Indiana Preppers Network

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:44 am

farmer_dude48 wrote:I really don't follow her anymore she became to political and seems to be spewing hate a
lot of the the time...

Same here....While cautious of any power over-reach from any agency, most of her post for the last year to year and a half seem so FEAR laden or conspiracy filled, she seems to have become boring/tiring to watch....
(Honestly I stopped watching her a while back for this reason so I don't know about the recent post)

One "OMG! This is it!!!" moment to the next....

While she has great medical knowledge, those people are a dime a dozen..... I'll get my info from someone less fearful thank you very much.

There's nothing wrong with being vigilant, but when it takes over every thought you have and uttered with every breath you take, that's called paranoia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEcMtw4_UHo

Preparation through education is less costly than learning through tragedy.
-- Max Mayfield

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe.
-- Abraham Lincoln
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby Illini Warrior » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:05 am

derhaashund wrote:I've enjoyed many of her posts. Some of her more political ones I don't fully agree with but overall, she offers good info when she stays on topic.

she definitely should have stayed in the med advise biz - sorry she's not qualified to be doing videos on the politics - we don't need a Micheal Moore of the prepper world ...
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby Gunns » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:55 am

She went over the deep end. Most good preppers on Youtube end up burnt out and wasted away. Yankee Prepper is another. I watched a lot of his videos and had conversations with him. Then one day I said I did not entirely agree with one of his videos and explained why. Next thing I knew I was being scolded and sworn at by him online. Then banned. He would even let me respond to his accusations.

Well it looks like he finally unbanned me though. Took him a couple years. LOL
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:34 pm

lol... James Yeager is another one like that. I questioned him on shooting .556 in a specifically designed .223 barrel with him stating it is FINE... It was a polite question to his opinion and homeboy couldn't hang...He then went ballistic(as is his nature for getting ratings) stating things like "How dare you question my authority!!! I have tens of thousands of students so I'm telling you its fine! Do you have thousands of students???"......lol....I then asked him to provide me a single .223 manufacture with a barrel they would warranty with .556 being shot thru it repeatedly please......Shockingly, Crickets.....

I know it's possible without a failure occasionally, but that's a far cry from "Perfectly fine" and instructing your students as an "Expert" and endangering them to constant over-pressures.

I don't know him of course, from what I hear he can be a pretty giving dude to family and friends....Dudes got knowledge. No doubt. But he's a bit of an Ass-Hat on his channel IMHO.....It seems I'm in a vast majority holding the same opinion...I'm just one of many that unsubscribed from him......To each their own.
-- Max Mayfield

-- Abraham Lincoln
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby Gunns » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:30 pm

DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE wrote:lol... James Yeager is another one like that. I questioned him on shooting .556 in a specifically designed .223 barrel with him stating it is FINE... It was a polite question to his opinion and homeboy couldn't hang...He then went ballistic(as is his nature for getting ratings) stating things like "How dare you question my authority!!! I have tens of thousands of students so I'm telling you its fine! Do you have thousands of students???"......lol....I then asked him to provide me a single .223 manufacture with a barrel they would warranty with .556 being shot thru it repeatedly please......Shockingly, Crickets.....

I know it's possible without a failure occasionally, but that's a far cry from "Perfectly fine" and instructing your students as an "Expert" and endangering them to constant over-pressures.

I don't know him of course, from what I hear he can be a pretty giving dude to family and friends....Dudes got knowledge. No doubt. But he's a bit of an Ass-Hat on his channel IMHO.....It seems I'm in a vast majority holding the same opinion...I'm just one of many that unsubscribed from him......To each their own.

Yeager is crazy. He says and does many things I would never say or do. But to each his own. He even had his Carry licensed revoked after calling for armed revolution. He went to court to get it back and had to do a video apologizing.

He does however have a lot of good videos. You can even see a video of him in a fire fight in Iraq. He was driving the car and they were ambushed and he couldn't get the car restarted. He had it in drive "D" and of course it would not restart, he panicked and jumped out of the car raced to the ditch for cover, which is what I would have done too. Lots call him out on this video but many don't understand he was with a crew he never trained with and wasn't sure about them either.

I think he did right if you watch the whole video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NphgWi1nUt4
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:24 pm

Gunns wrote:
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE wrote:lol... James Yeager is another one like that. I questioned him on shooting .556 in a specifically designed .223 barrel with him stating it is FINE... It was a polite question to his opinion and homeboy couldn't hang...He then went ballistic(as is his nature for getting ratings) stating things like "How dare you question my authority!!! I have tens of thousands of students so I'm telling you its fine! Do you have thousands of students???"......lol....I then asked him to provide me a single .223 manufacture with a barrel they would warranty with .556 being shot thru it repeatedly please......Shockingly, Crickets.....

Yeager is crazy. He says and does many things I would never say or do. But to each his own. He even had his Carry licensed revoked after calling for armed revolution. He went to court to get it back and had to do a video apologizing.

He does however have a lot of good videos. You can even see a video of him in a fire fight in Iraq. He was driving the car and they were ambushed and he couldn't get the car restarted. He had it in drive "D" and of course it would not restart, he panicked and jumped out of the car raced to the ditch for cover, which is what I would have done too. Lots call him out on this video but many don't understand he was with a crew he never trained with and wasn't sure about them either.

yessir! I know that one well..... Many of the "Online keyboard commando's" call him the ditchbitch for that one....I've heard many different versions on what actually went down in that when he was contracting.

I'll,
#1...never judge on that as I've never been downrange and wasn't there.
#2...leave the speculation to others since EVERY single person will react differently 1st time lead is actually coming at you.

All I know on that is he was there and I wasn't. If I found an after action report from someone that actually was there other than him, I might hesitantly form an opinion then vs all the "His actions caused the guy to die" comments I've seen....I've also seen many backing his actions that day.

This is the first time I've heard about the left it in drive thing though.....a vehicle is definitely a magnet for bullets and know someone got hurt and dead in that one. Leaving an inoperable vehicle would be the right move but don't know about the guy left in there....

Regardless, the guy is a magnet for controversy.....better left alone.

Reid left him after being a main guy on his channel for a long time....Patriot nurse and Reid are dating still I believe.(Have no idea really).....I always did love Reids knowledge of history.... Reid is now running his own gig, "Valor ridge"....You'll see PN there from time to time also.

I don't know the accuracy of this, but it was funny.... Swearing Warning...(it is a video containing Yeager after all)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx-iIfnLqFo

Drama.... :thumbdown:
-- Max Mayfield

-- Abraham Lincoln
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby Photon Guy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:47 pm

Gunns wrote:

I met James Yeager and I do know this, he doesn't like revolvers. He thinks that revolvers are obsolete and that in this day and age its much better to use semi autos. Semi autos are certainly more advanced and newer but even that technology quite old as the first semi autos were invented over a hundred years ago. Of course just because a technology is old doesn't mean it isn't good or widely used, take for instance the knife. Anyway while the semi autos do have some advantages over revolvers I am not going to downplay revolvers as they can be very good too and some of the best designs out there are indeed revolvers.

And besides, at the same expo where James downplayed revolvers, I saw him looking at some break open pistols which are even older.
Photon Guy

Postby Princess Tocanja » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:06 am

I respect everyone's opinions, but I really enjoy Patriot Nurse. I've learned much from her over the years. I respect her straight up attitude and style. She's direct, like a man, and doesn't sugar coat the truth or her opinions.
Princess Tocanja
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby Photon Guy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:55 am

I met Patriot Nurse when I took one of her classes. From my experience she is a good instructor and a nice person although not everybody has had the same experience as me. There is some controversy about her and there is this one fellow made a video about how he had a bad experience with her although this is just his side of the story. It would be nice to hear her side. Here is the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmKH9xbpWtA
Photon Guy

Postby woodchipper518 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:58 am

I follow her videos. Many have good information. I do watch her political rant videos but not immediately with some not being watched for weeks. I need to hear her rants but I don't have to act on them. I just evaluate her perspective vs mine and my values. Take what you like and leave the rest. Same goes for Yeager. Frankly I like Reid at Valor Ridge more anyway because he is less arrogant AND has a history teaching background I have found informative. I'm hoping she comes to the DFW area instead of Houston. I have other sources for firearms training and medical skills locally that are easier to afford. But..If I had the $$$ I would take classes from both of them...preferably in Tenn.
woodchipper518
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Location: North Texas - Denton County / Collin County line / 380 corridor

Postby Gunns » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:21 pm

woodchipper518 wrote:I follow her videos. Many have good information. I do watch her political rant videos but not immediately with some not being watched for weeks. I need to hear her rants but I don't have to act on them. I just evaluate her perspective vs mine and my values. Take what you like and leave the rest. Same goes for Yeager. Frankly I like Reid at Valor Ridge more anyway because he is less arrogant AND has a history teaching background I have found informative. I'm hoping she comes to the DFW area instead of Houston. I have other sources for firearms training and medical skills locally that are easier to afford. But..If I had the $$$ I would take classes from both of them...preferably in Tenn.

I would take her class too.
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby Cast Iron » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:48 pm

You can get your EMT-B for about $600.
Two nights a week, for six months.

Then, take the NOLS Wilderness EMT course.
One week. Prices vary.

In a SHTF situation, that is what everyone will be pretty much reduced to.
Including doctors. I had two in my NOLS class.
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Next

Return to Washington Discussion, News and Weather