• Advertisement

Olympic Peninsula Preppers

Post Washington Meetups and Events here

Moderator: MrDanB

Olympic Peninsula Preppers

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:06 am

The APN has now established a group in Port Angeles.
http://www.meetup.com/PortAngelesPreppers

Feel free to come meet me for a simple meet and greet.

I will be in Port Angeles the 22nd through the 24th. If you can make a meet and greet meetup on such short notice, then please join the group and RSVP for that meetup at Gordy's Pizza
http://www.meetup.com/PortAngelesPreppers

I would like to talk with all who will come. I tentatively set the date for the evening of 23rd, but we can change that to the 24th if it works better for everyone.

I will be speaking with Erik Lacitis from the Seattle Times the afternoon of the 23rd so we can discuss how that went as well. If you would like to talk with him as well before he leaves, you can send me a PM and we can arrange to meet in the morning before that happens.

Those of you who are in the Olympic Peninsula area, or even around the Puget Sound, I encourage you to join the group.
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Olympic Peninsula Preppers

Postby HandLoad » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:05 am

Sorry!

Bad Timing/Previous commitments. I'm an Fat Old Fart, and I can't run all day like I used to. Friday Morning with an Old Military Buddy - he wants me to take him shooting at my local range - You are welcome to join, if you want to? 1000 @Gig Harbor Sportsmens' Club. Then back home for Lunch with my Main Squeeze, then off to a Local Brewpub with my new Neighbor - Introducing him to the NorthBest! Saturday is supposed to be the only good day weatherwise, and I GOTTA get the Chicken Run Built as the Girls are starting to stink, and She Who Must Be Obeyed says they gotta get outta the Living Room!

Good to have a "Mover and Shaker" such as yourself here in the NorthBest. Hope to meet ya soon!

Best,

Big Ugly GUy
HandLoad

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:52 am

Port Angeles is my number one home base as that is where my lady is. (probably moving there real soon) I come there often. I'll be rolling in tonight sometime and staying until the morning of the 25th. I might be a mover and shaker, but I'm the worst at organizing a meetup as I can only give about a 72 hour notice to arrange a meetup at any given time due to my rapidly changing erratic schedule. Once we get the group going well, I would like to appoint an APN member who would be the best at organizing the area to lead up the group. I need people with natural born leadership skills. I'll take desire, drive, ambition, natural leadership skills and patience, above experience and education any day (although those are important as well). I've seen guys who can lead a horse to water and get it to drink and you'd be surprised that it's usually the guy who's never ridden one before.
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby solidxsavage » Sun May 06, 2012 6:41 am

yes, we all really need to meet up soon and layout our goals.
solidxsavage

Postby hunterwolf » Tue May 15, 2012 8:18 am

I am new to the site but not new to prepping....I see the conversation occurred in March. I don't suppose you have been able to start a group out here? I live near Belfair and am wondering how many like minded we have in the area.
hunterwolf

Postby FarmGirl » Tue May 15, 2012 11:44 am

Hunterwolf. . . name sounds familiar. Hey I don't live too far from Belfair maybe we can set up a meet in Belfair. Like maybe that Mexican food place right on the main drag or some other place easy to find near town. I live near Key Peninsula. F.G.
FarmGirl
Washington Preppers Network
Washington Preppers Network

Postby Matt117 » Tue May 15, 2012 10:00 pm

Hi Hunterwolf, there's two meetings next week at the Meetup site . One is on Monday in Gig Harbor " Gig Harbor Preppers" and the other is Tuesday in Tacoma "Tacoma Preppers".
Matt117

Postby tribro » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:33 pm

Just to give you all a heads up, we are hosting a meet for as many people as can get together in the area on June 23rd at a park in Federal way. The post is labeled "Northend, Southend, Eastside and Penninsula meetup June 23rd". Check it out if you think you might be able to meet us!
tribro

Postby Frugalinkitsap » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:02 pm

Hi All Olympic and Kitsap Preppers!

We had our first real meetup today (July 28th, 2012) with a wonderful group of folks. Wanted anyone in this forum to know that we are alive and well and have scheduled our next meetup for Aug 18th to cover Basic Emergency Preparedness. Here's a link to all the details. We are hoping to gather enough interest from both peninsulas that we can ultimately have two groups meeting locally then have quarterly get togethers.

Here's the link: http://www.meetup.com/PortAngelesPreppe ... /75330102/

Come join us!!

Lanelle
Frugal In Kitsap
Frugalinkitsap

Postby maryellenrainier » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:53 am

Is anyone interested in meeting up to discuss survival skills, preparedness, world news, etc??

I am on Bainbridge Island and can easily travel to Silverdale, Bremerton, Olymic Peninsula, etc.
maryellenrainier

Postby emerson24 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:07 pm

Anyone still prepping here?
emerson24

Return to Meetups in Washington