• Advertisement

form a group of preppers near Morgantown wv area

West Virginia meetups and announcements

form a group of preppers near Morgantown wv area

Postby mmkkpro » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:46 pm

hello all,just lookin for people in morgantown area intrested in forming a small group of like minded people.I think it would be a good thing to have a small group of folks to augment each others talents.If you are intrested just reply to this post and we can get together and talk about it.Thanks and take care.
mmkkpro

Re: form a group of preppers near Morgantown wv area

Postby ladyb003 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:28 pm

I hope you have better luck with forming a group that I have had. We are from the Huntington Wv, area, but include Ashland Ky, and Ironton Oh. (Tri State Area).
Our first meeting we had 12 people there, the 2nd, there was 4, and the 3rd, there was 3. I am getting discouraged but I'm not giving up. I think there is going to be strength
in numbers. Good luck with your group search.
ladyb003

Postby olgoat » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:29 am

We have a group of thirty (half of them teens and young children) but had no luck with strangers. All of our members are family or longtime friends. About half live out of the area but are within "one tank of gas" driving distance.
Most were not preppers until I convinced them that just a few simple precautions would go a long way if something were to happen. It took a lot of convincing because most people want to ignore the possibilities of a SHTF event.
Concentrate on people you trust even if they don't live in your immediate area.
olgoat

Postby ktm rider » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:05 am

I live in Garrett County Md. I live 2.5 miles off the nearest blacktop road. My place is very secluded and if need be i can block my road with many huge trees if it all goes wrong. I have enough food for over a yr and a 1 acre pond full of fish and an artisian well right by my house. by next yr we will even have a fuly functional micro hydro system to completely power my whole house ..

My family is pretty much set if it all goes south and we can do it pretty much do it without anyone knowing we are even there. That is the way I would like to keep it and i am sure many others are the same way. There is no way i am going to a meeting with a bunch of people who also know the importance of being prepared and advertising my preps and property.
OPSEC is THE most important thing in a good BOL location.

Don't mean to sound like an A-hole about it but that is just the way it is. :blush:
ktm rider

Postby Jayy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:39 pm

Hi, this is Jayy from Cleveland, Ohio im a newbie looking for people that wants to relocate and prep in the mountains in Ohio or West Virginia. I dont have any prepper friends or family im looking for some tho. I need to find or create different locations throughout the mountains just in case someone does find out about one location I will hav another to go to. One has to understand that we might have to keep it movin in order to stay safe.
Jayy

Postby goingnowhere » Tue May 15, 2012 7:46 am

We would be interested. In morgantown often. PM if you would like to meet.
goingnowhere

Postby shiloh7 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:08 am

i would be interested in joining a small group of preppers! i live about 15 miles from morgantown in the country, shiloh7
shiloh7

Postby GhostInTheWind » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:28 pm

Hi. I am a prepper living in Morgantown, WV. I am a single father with 2 daughters who are counting on me to see them through the troubled times which appear to be imminent. I am a former SF combat vet and life-long outdoorsman / survival hobbyist. I am highly skilled individual in combat, construction, mechanical engineering, technology, agriculture (farm raised since birth), and thinking outside of the box. I am interested in assembling a SMALL (immediate family included), skill based group to exchange knowledge and talents. Not necessarily seeking people with combat and tactical skills, I can teach those...Rather, I am looking for people with useful domestic, engineering, and MEDICAL skills. Those interested will be vetted based on the same criteria used to assemble Spec Op teams. As stated, you don't have to have any fighting ability. You must have a useful, highly evolved skill. You must be self motivated, mentally stable (important!), able to work with a team, and of solid moral character as it pertains to others.

I have inside information that indicates prepping efforts need to be stepped-up. I work as a contractor for the Dept. of Defense. I am privy to a great deal of information through my professional contacts due to the nature of the work that I do. Many people work on these projects, but few are made aware of their function within the larger construct. I won't openly discuss what I know on a public forum, but what I will say this; The federal govt is making preparations, and has been for some time (Much of it authorized in Bush's Homeland Security bill passed back in 2002). Over 10 years, the DOD and FEMA have spent well over $1trillion on fortified structures both above and below ground. Recently, there has been a massive influx of funding to assure that all of these projects are completed, functional, and ready to man by the end of 2013. Think about that.

If interested, respond to the e-mail address below with a brief summary of your skill set, your numbers(family), medical conditions that require medicine and or care, info on your current stores and future plans, etc. etc. It is not necessary that you have preps in place now, many people just have no idea how to start...Just be willing to learn and assist in funding (splitting costs equally based on DEMOCRATIC group decision making...I'm skilled, not rich) and helping in furthering of the group. If you suffer from laziness, this ain't for you...all contribute equally. Thanks for reading.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

edited by mmpaints- we do not allow personal email addys in replies. Keep the private stuff private!

-
GhostInTheWind

Postby lynch4019 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:00 pm

Just joined the site. So saying I am a newbie would be an understatement. I have for a great while been a possible prepper. I havnt went as far as to start storing 55gal drums or rice and water but I try to always pick up canned foods and cases of water when I'm out. I have also been wanting to get into a potential prepper group. I feel that my abilities would help a group. I co-own a steel fabrication company, and am also a welder, electrician, and plumber. I dont have a lot of money to invest into prepping right now but have resources and skills I can devote to the cause.
lynch4019

Postby mmpaints » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:15 pm

welcome lynch4019
"Life is hard. It's even harder if you're stupid". - John Wayne

WARNING- i change my avatar frequently for my own enjoyment. Complaining about it won't help ;)
mmpaints
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby wvash » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:09 pm

im down whats up born and raised in wv. jack of all trades and a contractor, ocean life guard. hunter.been prepping for 3 yrs now.
wvash
West Virginia Preppers Network
West Virginia Preppers Network

Return to West Virginia Meetups