• Advertisement

Swap Meet

West Virginia meetups and announcements

Swap Meet

Postby Defcon09 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:59 pm

Re: West Virginia (only) Roll Call
by Defcon09 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:48 pm

I've got an idea, maybe others have thought of this.

Since the eastern panhandle of WV is close geographically to MD, PA, and VA, lets hold a swap meet, items we would like to trade, sell or barter for. I am sure we all have at least one item that could be classed as surplus!?

I'm thinking the following counties (but not limited to):
VA: Frederick and Clark Cty.
WV: Jefferson, Berkeley, Morgan & Hampshire
MD: Frederick, Washington & Allegheny
PA: Franklin, Fulton & Bedford

I am sure there are a couple items that we have duplicates of that might be traded for something that is wanted for our BOB's. Hachets, knives, cords, compasses, maps, ammo, firearms accs, bags/backs, jackets/rain gear, flash lights, binoculars, water filters, radios, etc. a whole store load of stuff. Now, I would not recommend guns/firearms at the swap but maybe a sign "For Sale" would be okay.

There is probably not some APN members in all these counties, but.............we are no doubt members of other prepper forums that we can get the word out through and "email buddies". Location could be near me, I think I can arrange lots of space, outdoors. Maybe sometime in April, if no event takes place in March.....what do ya think?
Defcon09
Defcon09

Re: Swap Meet

Postby RedHorse_Ronin » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:39 pm

I'd come out for it, maybe as far as Harpers Ferry or Federalsburg or Frederick.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves" William Pitt the younger

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good .45acp at your side, kid.

Winston, Julia, or O'Brien? How about none of the above?

It's got electrolytes!
RedHorse_Ronin
Maryland Preppers Network

Postby Defcon09 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:11 am

RedHorse_Ronin wrote:I'd come out for it, maybe as far as Harpers Ferry or Federalsburg or Frederick.

Thanks for chimming in. Absolutely including anyone who would want to come from anywhere, even a prepper traveling through the area. Morgantown area is a straight shot east on I68 over to the Hancock MD area, west on I70 from the eastern part of MD and I81 north from VA, I81 south and US 522 south out of PA. It's easy to get to this area. Make ya wonder about the zombies making their way thru here!!
Defcon09

Postby RedHorse_Ronin » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:21 am

Good point. I intend to do a future blog on mass migration routes for urban refugees.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves" William Pitt the younger

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good .45acp at your side, kid.

It's got electrolytes!
RedHorse_Ronin

Postby jh9215 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:16 pm

Would love to read a blog about mass migration routes for urban refugees and were hot area would be.
jh9215

Postby Defcon09 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:48 pm

Okay boys and girls. I have a tentative location for our swap meet. As indicated earlier, this location has easy access and "out of the way". It's located in the southeast corner of Fulton County, PA, more locally in Thompson Township. We'll leave it at that. The invitation is for anyone who wants to spend the gas money but particually from the following states/counties: PA- Bedford, Fulton and Franklin. MD- Allegheny, Washington and Frederick, WV- Hampshire, Morgan, Berkeley and Jefferson, VA- Frederick and Clark. These locations are in an area known as "the 4 State Region" a slogan used by channel 25 (NBC) in Hagerstown, MD because their signal covers 11 counties in these 4 states. You can literally drive from PA, thru MD, WV and into VA on US 522 in 20 minutes.

For you guys in Howard Counties down to Baltimore have easy access by taking I-70 west to Hancock, MD. Counties west can take I-68 East from Morgantown, WV to Hancock, MD. For those north and south of the I68/I70 east/west highway can take US522 north/south, or I81 N/S to I70 and head west.

Tell your friends who may not be members here about this meet. This location is one of my BOL's and if I can pull this off we will have indoor restroom facilities. Also looking at a Saturday in late April - early May.

Input please.
Defcon09

Postby RedHorse_Ronin » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:29 pm

I have plenty of surplus military gear if people are interested.

It's got electrolytes!
RedHorse_Ronin

Postby Defcon09 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:15 pm

RedHorse_Ronin wrote:I have plenty of surplus military gear if people are interested.

If this meet happens bring it. I sold every piece of "personal equipment" I had at garage sales around here. I might even be interested! That stuff is like a male magnet, and I don't mean females!
Defcon09

Postby RedHorse_Ronin » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Well I will refrain from selling stuff on Ebay to take to the swapmeet. I have BDU's, DCU's, packs, lbe, molle gear, etc. Just a suggestion, maybe yoou can start a thread in the barter forum and people can list what they are looking for and have to offer since people like myself will be coming from over 2 hours away. I would love some more ammo(.45acp, 9mm, 30-30, 5.56/223, 308) or 30 rd AR mags (damn MD laws). Camping gear (new tent maybe), food (MRE's especially), water filters.

It's got electrolytes!
RedHorse_Ronin

Postby RedHorse_Ronin » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:32 pm

I may have a kayak or two, if people are interested.

It's got electrolytes!
RedHorse_Ronin

Postby RedHorse_Ronin » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:12 pm

What will the table policy be? I have some people from NOVA interested in maybe traveling up there as a group.

It's got electrolytes!
RedHorse_Ronin

Postby 48chevy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:54 am

I would also be interested in coming, RedHorse Ronnin you and I are pretty close, may we could car pool I'll drive.
48chevy

Postby Defcon09 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:38 am

RedHorse_Ronin wrote:What will the table policy be? I have some people from NOVA interested in maybe traveling up there as a group.

Thanks for the response so far.

I am shooting for the last Saturday in April, the 28th. Bring anything prepper, camping or hiking related. Hunting and fishing stuff also, except, for actual firearms. If you have firearms to sell take a couple pictures and those interested can go from there. Ammo, bows & arrows would be permitted.

Tables, bring your own up to and including 2 if they are 3'x6' or smaller. Saw horses and plywood make good alternatives. Afterall, we're preppers right?

I will be working on getting a Boy Scout Troop to set up for snacks but if you want to bring a beverage (no alcohol please) okay. Also still working on getting rest room facilities at the country church next door. I'll be expanding on this as time goes on buy soon enough so you guys coming from a distance can plan.
Defcon09

Postby fren2ken » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:05 am

I can bring some 55-gal Poly barrels and a few tents to swap, if any are interested.
"Prepare for the worst, hope for the best"

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

If one doesn't learn from the Past, then they are sure to repeat it. Is that the way we want to go?
fren2ken
West Virginia Preppers Network
West Virginia Preppers Network

Postby Defcon09 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:27 pm

fren2ken wrote:I can bring some 55-gal Poly barrels and a few tents to swap, if any are interested.

Bring whatever you want. Since this will be exposed to walkin traffic you might be able to sell your spou__, oh, we won't go there!
Defcon09

Next

Return to West Virginia Meetups