• Advertisement

Maine Preppers Roll Call 03/06/11

Welcome! Introduce Yourself Here.

Maine Preppers Roll Call 03/06/11

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:48 pm

The American Preppers Network is conducting a network-wide roll call.

Maine Preppers, please reply to this post and let us know what you are doing to prep.

Are you new or not sure where to start?

Here are a few tips

Networking
The APN focuses heavily on promoting our state groups at the regional and local levels, more so than most forums. Here is the State Network directory, use it to get to know and communicate with others near you.
viewforum.php?f=36

Some other things you can do:
* Check in to your states group at least once or twice a week to help keep your local groups active
* See a storm or disaster in your area? Post about it and let others know
* Find a good deal at a local merchant? Tell us about it.
* Join your local CERT teams. Each state directory has a link that lists the teams in your state.
* Join ANTS (Americans Networking To Survive) ANTS is a unique group that forms supply chains between members so that members should not have to rely on the government for emergency supplies in a disaster. Here is their website: http://www.americansnetworkingtosurvive.org/
Here is their sub-forum here on APN: viewforum.php?f=618
* Join a local survival, preparedness, or sustainable living meetup group, or start one yourself. Meetup.com is a great social network that helps you meet others near you. APN is offering for a limited time free Meetup.com pages for our Gold members who want to start local Preppers meetups. Normally these pages are $20 a month to get started but with APN Gold membership being only $5 a month you can realize a net savings of $15 a month. Here is information on the offer: viewtopic.php?f=606&t=9170

Learning
Here on the APN learning is free. Our index page (index.php) is organized and categorized so that you can browse easily by subject to find the categories you are looking for. If you dont see a topic that you are looking for you can use the search bar. If you still can't find what you are looking for, then pose a question in the appropriate category and our members are more than happy to share their knowledge.

Resources here on the forum:
* The basics section here on the forum: viewforum.php?f=616
* The Survival, preparedness, and sustainable living directory: viewforum.php?f=12

Free downloads:
* http://cd3wd.com/ (Over 4,000 titles totally over 13 gigabytes)
* http://www.preppers.info/Free_Downloads.html (Over 300 ebooks, manuals and pdfs for download or get them all on disk for free. There is a suggested donation of $2.97 to help cover shipping and handling)
* http://www.stevespages.com/page7c.htm Hundreds of military training manuals and coursebooks for download
*Here is an article on how to build your survival library for pennies on the dollar: http://www.americanpreppersnetwork.com/ ... y-for.html

Teaching
By sharing what you know on how to prepare, survive, or live sustainable you are helping others to become more self-reliant in the process. "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime." The more prepared everyone is and the more self-reliant everyone is, the freer we all are. When the unprepared become prepared they are no longer a liability for everyone else. Understand the difference between being in a disaster where there is only one able bodied person who is prepared and 10 who are unprepared vs a disaster where there are 10 prepared and only one who is in need. An unprepared populace that is dependent on the Government means less freedom for YOU. Do you see how you can "Find Freedom Through Teaching Others Self-Reliance"?

Some things you can do:
*Share your knowledge on these forums. You may find it to be a fair and equitable barter when you do. If are able to learn something from others here, then repay the favor by sharing with them what you know.
*Contribute articles to the blogs. The APN and state blogs are member and reader contributed blogs. We are holding a weekly contest now: viewtopic.php?f=606&t=9086
*Attend the local meetups if there are any in your community and teach your skills.

Do you have most of the bases covered already? Then reply to this post and tell us what you've been doing to prepare. You may inspire others to try something new. Good luck and Prep On!
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Maine Preppers Roll Call 03/06/11

Postby cavscout1991 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:20 pm

Hello all,

My name is Matt and I live in penobscot county. I have been really preparing for the last year or so. I have been getting my 2 BOB's ready and I have been storing food and fuel just in case my wife and I need it. Been doing a lot of studying and training so that I can be ready for whatever happens. I have made contact with a bunch of like minded preppers and start an information collective and aid agreement. We cant do it all alone. Check us out at
www.mainehomesteadersnetwork.org.
cavscout1991

Postby cavscout1991 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:21 pm

Hello all,

My name is Matt and I live in penobscot county. I have been really preparing for the last year or so. I have been getting my 2 BOB's ready and I have been storing food and fuel just in case my wife and I need it. Been doing a lot of studying and training so that I can be ready for whatever happens. I have made contact with a bunch of like minded preppers and start an information collective and aid agreement. We cant do it all alone. Check us out at
http://www.mainehomesteadersnetwork.org.
cavscout1991

Postby abraham » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:50 pm

Too much to post as to what I have done to prepare. I am ready and have helped many, yes many folks get ready also.
abraham

Postby mikl » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:01 pm

Mikl - in Bangor area.

Been prepping for couple of years - food, ammo, radios, etc. Preparing to live off grid - whether anything bad happens or not. Working to EMP proof critical electronics. Still searching for real estate - 10+ acreage and defensible in area. ??? Still searching for active preppers in area ???
mikl

Postby Tufffireguy » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:13 pm

Hey all, my name is Brian, I'm from the Bangor area, I've been prepping for the past year, working on long term food storage and fuel storage right now.
Tufffireguy

Postby shiltron » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:30 pm

Hi, Long time Surv--- I mean prepper. From the Bangor area. Trying to get the holes in my preps filled.
Willing to network with like minded folks. Thanks
shiltron

Postby hoppy50 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:20 pm

Waldo County Prepper here! Been gathering, vacuum sealing, and bulk storing for several months now. We've come a long way, but it is a never ending work-in-progress.
Anyone here in this area too?
hoppy50

Postby Patriot Preacher » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:33 pm

one of the little known Androscoggin County Volunteers checking in... just joined the APN this evening and hoping to learn much...
Pray for the best while prepping for the worst.
Patriot Preacher
Maine Preppers Network
Maine Preppers Network

Postby dannreed » Sun May 08, 2011 9:15 pm

Checking in from Mount Desert Island. Logistically we are in good shape, except for food. I get a couple extra things and some more batteries to put away every time we go shopping. With the price of gas & groceries going up and up it's hard to buy to put away. Hopefully we'll be in good shape if poo poo happens. I am looking for others to work with, and possibly get a place to build a retreat if a bug out needs to happen. I'm a former Police Officer and Advanced Life Support EMT, I've worked as a whitewater rafting & ocean kayaking Registered Maine Guide, and taught wilderness survival for almost 30 years. I've got plenty of knowledge & equipment to share with the right people.
Dan
dannreed

Postby Emtuition » Tue May 10, 2011 4:12 pm

Hi there! I'm a 27 year old lady living in Brunswick. I've stored up food but I know it's not nearly enough. I have a lot of concerns in regards to the future and I would love to network with anyone around the area. I believe there are going to be some crucial Earth changes coming up and I would love to be much more prepared and connected to a survivalist community.
Emtuition

Postby danboone143 » Sun May 29, 2011 7:08 pm

As usual I am late but I brought sandwiches :D

Christian prepper. Just bought homestead in Maine; house, well, septic and land in a very remote area in Aroostook. Have been prepping since 1976. Not from Maine originally.

I build prepper communities wherever I go; the osmosis approach. I take my neighbors the gospel (most are saved or claim to be Christian at least) and then it grows from there into preparedness. Hint' if you go with God, start out slow and leave your personal baggage at home, bury your ego and be nice, you will have pretty good success.

I have done almost anything and everything relating to prepping you can imagine and I did it all wrong at least once :rofl:

If you want to talk prepping, shoot me a line. If you are a Christian and want to discuss it from that perspective, great!

If you want to talk politics, argue about religion or try to recruit me, I'll pass thank you for thinking of me though.

Christian, prepper and renaiisance man.
danboone143

Postby mokak123 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:54 pm

I am new to prepping I've mostly been reading and searching the net for ideas. I've started my prepping journey in the area of firearms ,ammo and firearms training. I'm currently looking for a large parcel of land 10-40 acres to have as a retreat /firearms practice, I want to be out of the way both for SHTF reasons and to not make the neighbors angry with gunfire. Im also wanting water and timber on the land. A lot to ask I know. I have to go slow in my preparing because like most I have responsiblities and bills in everyday life. I am interested in corresponding with people in the bangor, brewer, holden, dedham, areas also sangerville, guilford, dover-foxcroft.
mokak123
Maine Preppers Network
Maine Preppers Network

Postby Halfcrazy » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:50 pm

Halfcrazy in Corinna here hoping for the best but preparing for the worst
Halfcrazy

Postby islandchik » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:54 am

Hello all,
New here but very happy to have found a network. Long, long time prepper with the disadvantage of moving around a lot in my lifetime so maintaining a stockpile, improving upon gardening sites and building up livestock have been in and out of the equation. Really getting serious now. We are in the unique situation of having a home in Maine while living 'temporarily' in VT due to husband's job. I'm actively trying to prep both places. Phew! Look forward to connecting with others.
He who does not economize will have to agonize. ~ Confucius
islandchik
Maine Preppers Network
Maine Preppers Network

Next

Return to Check In Here Maine Preppers