• Advertisement

Maine Preppers Roll Call 03/06/11

Welcome! Introduce Yourself Here.

Re: Maine Preppers Roll Call 03/06/11

Postby renegade800plus » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:13 am

Bangor area here. Just starting out though have been prepping and not knowing it for several years. Working on becoming self sufficient, off the grid type lifestyle. Served 8 years in the Military so many survival skills learned comes in handy.
renegade800plus

Postby Patriot Preacher » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:32 am

Welcome renegade... keep an eye on the Meetup topic as we'll be setting the date for our next one very soon for sometime in April... hope to see you there...

P.P.
Pray for the best while prepping for the worst.
Patriot Preacher
Maine Preppers Network
Maine Preppers Network

Postby dr3x320 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:58 pm

Hello everyone, I'm a new prepper, it just hit me a few days ago that I need to get started on preparing for the worst.
I'm 32yrs old, fluent in english, and chinese. Computer Science Major, run my own investment property business. I currently live in Falmouth and travel to Boston, L.A. and Shanghai. I'm an avid tech/electronics junkie, trained in small firearms, and trained in BJJ. I'm looking to join a group and looking for other like-minded preppers in the Falmouth/Portland area. Contact me at dr3x320 (at) yahoo d0t com
Looking for a Southern Maine Group/Community near Falmouth/Portland.
dr3x320

Postby Patriot Preacher » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:19 am

Welcome to the Forum, dr3x320... i'm not too far away from you - between 25 - 30 miles north... watch the Meet-Up topic for info on get-togethers... one coming in April if you don't mind driving
Patriot Preacher
Maine Preppers Network
Maine Preppers Network

Postby RGRA » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:30 am

Hello dr3x320,

I’m in the Lisbon area and as Patriot Preacher said we are having a meeting up north next week. If you would like to car pool send me a PM.
RGRA

Postby dr3x320 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:48 am

Thanks guys, glad to be here, hope to share resources and learn, it seems that more folks in the US are more aware of the situation than in other countries that I've been to. Won't be in state for the bangor meet next week, will try to catch the next one, I thought about going to our town hall and looking to see if theres any more info on local residents who are also preppers, any Falmouth preppers send a pm!
Looking for a Southern Maine Group/Community near Falmouth/Portland.
dr3x320

Postby shaolinmama » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:29 pm

Did anyone see that last episode of Doomsday Preppers? I plan on trying to find supplies to make my own faraday cage tonight! Using any old metal box from a thrift store, lining it with styrofoam or newspaper, filling it with electronics and batteries, and then taping the outside with aluminum tape. What a great tip!
shaolinmama

Postby shaolinmama » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:32 pm

islandchik wrote:
shaolinmama wrote:Knox county here. Brand new to this. Just started researching. Mainly want to find the safest and cheapest ways to preserve and store food. Are there any places in Maine that sell dehydrated foods in bulk for a good price? I've already tried looking online but my child has a severe peanut allergy and is also allergic to eggs. So it's hard to find anything that guarantees no traces of peanut and egg.

Hi there and welcome. I personally, don't know of any places in Maine which sell what I think you're looking for. Have you considered getting a dehydrator and doing it yourself at home?

Hello :) Yes, thanks. I plan on doing some more research so I can properly store food for my little one. I was just hoping in the meantime to find some items in bulk. Doing it all myself is the only way I can know for sure there are no allergens like peanut and egg. So investing in a dehydrator is definitely worth it!
shaolinmama

Postby Patriot Preacher » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:57 am

home canning works well too
Patriot Preacher
Maine Preppers Network
Maine Preppers Network

Postby bexx08 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:38 pm

Hey All-
I'm Becca, new to the site and currently residing in Oxford County although I'm originally from Franklin. my mother started prepping in 1998 for Y2K, but never really got into it until recently... now we prep as a family. I'm just starting out, but luckily as an old fashioned maine girl, I have a lot of the basic skills needed for survival... hunting, trapping, sewing, crochet, gardening, canning... look forward to getting to know you all!
bexx08

Postby islandchik » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:03 pm

Welcome Becca. There are a lot of good folks here.
He who does not economize will have to agonize. ~ Confucius
islandchik
Maine Preppers Network
Maine Preppers Network

Postby gulfwarvet94 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:00 am

Just getting started...I am in the gardiner Maine area :)
gulfwarvet94

Previous

Return to Check In Here Maine Preppers