• Advertisement
New Forum Rules
Please Read

Got a suggestion, idea? Tell us about it.

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Fri May 07, 2010 12:25 pm

***Update*** We seem to have resolved all of the login issues. If you are still having problems logging in or registering, then please email us at: americanprepper@yahoo.com

Here are some things you can try.
1) Try clearing the cookies and cache on your computer. You may have a bad cookie
2) There is a link at the bottom right on the forum that says "Delete All Board Cookies" Try clicking that
3) If you are using Satellite or a router, there is sometimes a situation where you will get booted each time you click a new page. I am not sure of the reason why, but you can resolve that issue by clicking the option that says "Log Me In Automatically On Each Visit" when you first login.
4) You can try using compatibly mode when using internet explorer
5) Try using a different browser than what you are currently using.

Login and registration issues are rare, but I hope those tips will solve any of those problems.

Thanks.

Original Topic Starts here....

Some people are still having log in issues. I've submitted this to tech support to try to resolve the problem. But we need to gather as much information as possible, so use this thread to discuss what's happening. Most people who've had the problem have been able to resolve it by clearing their cookies and cache. If you are still having problems logging in there is also a link at the very bottom (footer) of the forum that says "Delete all board cookies" Try clicking that. Also try using a different browser. If you are still having problems logging in, please provide us with as much information as possible. Whatever is causing the problem there must be a common variable between those people who are having login issues that's causing this. If we can find out what it is then it will be easier to resolve this issue.

Examples of information that will help:

Type of browser:
Internet connection:
Operating system:
Type security settings you are using:

There is also a support thread I've started here as well: http://support.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=70888&sid=0f01ac16e02f5eefcac2c0e3bf421212

If you have Internet Explorer and having login issues, try switching to Compatibility mode or try using a different browser. I have firefox and haven't been having problems.

If you are unable to log in at all, please email me at americanprepper@yahoo.com

I've you've previously had problems and were able to resolve it, please post here and let us know what you did

Your help in solving this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Log In Issues

Postby Danny62 » Fri May 07, 2010 11:48 pm

Thinks NIP got in and don't know what was up.
Danny62

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Fri May 07, 2010 11:54 pm

Awesome...did you do anything differently that enabled you to login?
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Alaska Rose » Sat May 08, 2010 2:18 am

Tonight has been more of the exercise in temper control. I was signed in as I came on right up until I attempted to open a post to read. I use Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo to get in here. I am on Hughesnet satellite system to get internet. I have a small Acer laptop and a generator.
I signed in 8 times, then closed the entire system down deleted everything from history to cookies and temporary files. Came back in and stil had the same problem. It seems I just have to wait until extremely late in the evening to get in here at all.

Off subject, but how do I make a personal album to share with folks of photos? I wanted to show pictures of my broken into cabin, can't find how to add them to the post.
https://www.createspace.com/4043866

Don't Use A Chainsaw In The Kitchen (Volume 1)
How-To and Cookbook. Butchering, gardening, baking, canning, building a trapper cabin and my autobiography all in one.

Image Image
Alaska Rose
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Sat May 08, 2010 10:30 am

I think lot of the people who are having problems logging in are having the issue with Internet Explorer. Try switching to compatibility mode and see if that fixes it. Also, there is a link at the bottom of the forum that also says "delete all board cookies" click that too.

The album thing is something I have to set up, I'm still learning how that works. We should have that feature in a few days
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Danny62 » Sat May 08, 2010 11:15 am

I follow a link in an email, took me to login did and was slow taking me back to the post so I click on forum and I stay on.
Danny62

Postby MrDanB » Sat May 08, 2010 3:36 pm

Yep, I too was pulling my hair out trying to log in... Tried clearing cookies, cache, etc. I am on IE as well... It suddenly just went away and now I am back in the game. Can't think of anything that changed on my pc.
"If you can't see the bright side of life... Try polishing the dull side" :)

You may NOT use any of my published content in any format for any reason without my express written consent!
MrDanB
Washington State Moderator

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Sun May 09, 2010 2:06 pm

I think we may have finally solved the log in issues (there was actually more than one cause). If anyone is still having problems please let me know.
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Hansel1 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:38 am

My issue at this time is that somehow I can't see all the forums anymore is it broken or did someone decided I am to obnoxious?

John
Hansel1

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:54 am

we moved the general categories forum to the bottom...look there
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby MrDanB » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:59 pm

FINALLY!!! Thanks Nip, I'm back up n running.lol Your secret password did the trick... :D
"If you can't see the bright side of life... Try polishing the dull side" :)

You may NOT use any of my published content in any format for any reason without my express written consent!
MrDanB

Postby gordy40 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:20 pm

Just signed on,name is Gordy.I hope to sign up for my home state of wisconsin and talk with some folks. thanks Gordy
gordy40

Postby namwal » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:01 am

For some reason I can no longer log from my smart phone. Problem started yesterday after signing in it just returns me to the login screen. Either the phone is not so smart or...surely it can't be me? :?
"World oil production can probably keep going up for another 6 or 8 years. But some time in the 1980s it can’t go up much more. Demand will overtake production."-jimmy carter 1977

"Because of increased dust, cloud cover and water vapor the planet will cool, the water vapor will fall and freeze, and a new Ice Age will be born"-Newsweek 1970

"civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind,”-George Wald 1970.
namwal
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby namwal » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:42 am

Just solved my issue. "cookies" must be allowed, a simple setting change fixed it. Might be useful tip for others....
"World oil production can probably keep going up for another 6 or 8 years. But some time in the 1980s it can’t go up much more. Demand will overtake production."-jimmy carter 1977

"Because of increased dust, cloud cover and water vapor the planet will cool, the water vapor will fall and freeze, and a new Ice Age will be born"-Newsweek 1970

"civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind,”-George Wald 1970.
namwal
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby R V Neece » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:50 am

How do you remove yourself from this @$%&*() thing ???
R V Neece

Next

Return to Suggestions