• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

Feds will no longer accept Missouri driver's licenses

Post general Missouri Topics here

Feds will no longer accept Missouri driver's licenses

Postby AuntBee » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:31 pm

WTH is this now?

APNewsBreak: Feds won't accept Missouri driver's licenses

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — Missouri residents soon will not be able to use their state driver's licenses as identification to get into most federal facilities, making it at least the fourth state to lose a federal exemption from complying with national proof-of-identity requirements.

A letter from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to Missouri, obtained on Wednesday by The Associated Press, informs the state that its exemption from federal Real ID requirements will come to an end Jan. 10.

That means Missouri driver's licenses cannot be accepted as ID at military bases and most other federal facilities. It also could eventually mean that Missouri driver's licenses won't be accepted as identification for commercial airplane flights.

The 2005 Real ID act imposes tougher requirements for proof of legal U.S. residency in order for state driver's licenses to be valid for federal purposes. The law was passed in response to national security concerns after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
</snip>

I guess I missed the first 3 states that got hit with this. I never heard of the 2005 Real ID act until I read this article. I remember years ago there was some talk of national IDs, but AFAIK nothing came of it. Guess I was wrong about that, too. ::head smack::

Aunt Bee
AuntBee
New York Preppers Network
New York Preppers Network

Re: Feds will no longer accept Missouri driver's licenses

Postby anita » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:38 pm

We are so screwed it isn't even funny.
anita

Postby leangenes » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:58 pm

papsers, please.jpg
papsers, please.jpg (37.76 KiB) Viewed 1449 times

Only a terrorist would be without it. ;) :ninja:

ETA: Image above from here--- http://wearechange.org/cops-will-ask-id ... gh-refuse/
I don't know what you do in New York, but around here we don't give a man a funeral unless we're pretty sure he needs one.---Fred Ziffel

Eat a live frog first thing in the morning, and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.-– Mark Twain
leangenes

Postby Blondie » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:25 pm

No shock that some states issue driver's licenses to illegals and are proud to do so.

Living in a border state myself, MI has offered an 'enhanced' drivers license that allows land border crossing into Canada. MI has some of the strictest id requirements I've ever experienced. So yeah, short of biometrics, be prepared to prove who you are, where you were born and where you live now.

The enhanced ID takes a trip through DHS before it's mailed to you.
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie

Postby oldasrocks » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:12 pm

So my wife is overseas and won't fly back till February. I hope they accept a passport as ID. She has a BAD temper and would probably get arrested if hassled.
oldasrocks
Missouri Preppers Network
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby rebnavy1862 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:16 pm

Let me get this straight. Virginia requires a photo ID in order to vote. The feds call this a racist act.

Huh???

Reb
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby Justmeandher » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:06 pm

rebnavy1862 wrote:Let me get this straight. Virginia requires a photo ID in order to vote. The feds call this a racist act.

Huh???

Reb

Well duh! Of course it's a racist act, you live below that pesky Mason-Dixon line. ;)
Justmeandher
North Carolina Preppers Network
North Carolina Preppers Network

Postby DesertGator33 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:47 am

What are the prerequisites that these states are failing to follow?
DesertGator33

Postby Illini Warrior » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:38 am

MO isn't alone - plenty of other states seeking a delay also .... article in today's Trib about IL residents being screwed trying to use IL ID as flyer ID .... in IL the DemoCraps sat on the project for the last 12 years and are now blaming the Republicans - can't have a BS failure without a scapegoat ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby Blondie » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:08 am

DesertGator33 wrote:What are the prerequisites that these states are failing to follow?

More stringent requirements for identification and citizenship.
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie

Postby Stahlrosen » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:55 am

Here is the link for gov. FAQs about the Real ID program, and enhanced drivers licenses.
http://www.dhs.gov/real-id-public-faqs

It does seem odd that requiring identification to vote is racist, but requiring identification for access to gov. facilities and air transport is not. Guess it doesn't fit their agenda, but I haven't even heard anyone in the MSM mention the hypocrisy.
Stahlrosen

Postby DesertGator33 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:08 pm

Stahlrosen wrote:Here is the link for gov. FAQs about the Real ID program, and enhanced drivers licenses.
http://www.dhs.gov/real-id-public-faqs

It does seem odd that requiring identification to vote is racist, but requiring identification for access to gov. facilities and air transport is not. Guess it doesn't fit their agenda, but I haven't even heard anyone in the MSM mention the hypocrisy.

Thanks for supporting my laziness lol, and very valid points, well said.
DesertGator33

Return to Missouri Discussion, News and Weather