• Advertisement

Any active MI members out there??

Please introduce yourself here

Moderators: Atreus, Bmanc21

Any active MI members out there??

Postby Badluck Andy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:47 am

Just checking to see if there is any regularly active members in Michigan still. Doesnt seem like there are but maybe im wrong. If there are....lets get some discussions goin about our area. I personally am not looking to meet up. (too many creepers out there) but it would be nice to get to know some fellow preppers in my area.
Badluck Andy

Re: Any active MI members out there??

Postby AgoristTeen1994 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:32 am

I like to consider myself active since while I'm not able to really make any tangible preps due to my circumstances I try and gain as much knowledge as possible, particularly knowledge that would be useful once the SHTF

So where in Michigan are you located? I'm in Berrien County
Hi I'm a ham radio operator, if you want my call-sign just shoot me a message,

"I know not what course others may take, but for me, Give me liberty, or give me [b]death[/b] " Patrick Henry
AgoristTeen1994

Postby Badluck Andy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:36 pm

Im in barry county (lower southwest mi) Whats stopping you?? Money.....space......or just livin with someone??
Badluck Andy

Postby Sail Man » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:30 pm

SE Michigan here, orig. from Traverse City. Not as active here as I am other forums.
If you drop the baby fake a Seizure.
Sail Man

Postby Bmanc21 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:44 pm

There are active members. Just not much going on here. It's a shame really. this is a good site. It just seems that the members here are reluctant to meet and get involved with one another. Again, it really is a shame.
Bmanc21
Michigan State Moderator
Michigan State Moderator

Postby AgoristTeen1994 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:22 am

Badluck Andy wrote:Im in barry county (lower southwest mi) Whats stopping you?? Money.....space......or just livin with someone??

Since I'm only 17 and thus a "minor" I live with my Grandma and her mother, my great-grandma....and my grandma is a member of the sheeple herd....since after all "we don't need to worry about an economic collapse, after all the gov't would never let that happen, and even if it did, they would take care of us" her words not mine. Though I'm slowly managing to get her to "wake up" though it's still pretty tough.
Hi I'm a ham radio operator, if you want my call-sign just shoot me a message,

"I know not what course others may take, but for me, Give me liberty, or give me [b]death[/b] " Patrick Henry
AgoristTeen1994

Postby MIMI » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:31 pm

Hi-
I am brand new to site and newer to prepping. I am in the oakland county area.
MIMI

Postby jimmyjr » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:57 am

I'm active and located in southern Kent County. I agree about the creepers...
There are two ways of exerting one's strength; one is pushing down, the other is pulling up.

--Booker T Washington
jimmyjr
Michigan Preppers Network
Michigan Preppers Network

Postby xray » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:15 am

Yes we are active. Been busy practicing skills.
xray

Postby Radar » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:37 pm

Hi Folks, SE Michigan here, Wayne County. I don't see a bunch of activity amongst us Michiganders either. I'm looking to network for exchange of ideas, and alliances in the event of WROL.
Radar

Postby krisbrayeli » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:51 pm

I would love to get some movement in here. I live in Hillsdale Co MI and we are active. i dont really get the creep thing I guesss- there are so many out there that I figure as long as I stay smart I dont worry. I believe that we all need to have resources because in a shtf situation it is not going to be our goverment that saves us- it is going to be our neighbors. As for our family we try not to look at it as prepping more as self sufficency. We have about 10 acers and have our own water -chickens - cow- pigs -goats - sheep- huge garden- we are on our way with a whole lot further to go. Would love to share ideas and situational things with others!
krisbrayeli

Postby Bekka Lee » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:37 pm

Active Badluck Andy? That's the key word....just haven't had enough time to be as active on here. In fact I would love to see more cooperation on meeting others. Looking at where everyone is, those that said anyway, you's are far away from me. NE lower......or other words BFE, lol! I joined this group a while ago but lost my info earlier last year and had to resign up. But I belong to other forums and am moderator at one and just haven't had time to be on here, tho I am now. Winter time ya know......though the temps were in the upper 40's yesterday!!
Anyhow I will reintroduce my self here for fellow Michigander's. My family and I live on a farm in the NE lower peninsula, we have been self sustaining wanna be's for about 30 years. Actually longer than that really my whole life has evolved around living in a sustainable manner from my father. I am originally from Ann Arbor and moved north in the 70's as a tween. Talk about social shock!!! Oh well, my high school sweetheart and I were married and have stayed in the area. Most leave when they get out of school but with the land we have now, most of all, I am thankful for the phrase BFE as IT IS "No where" lol. I do have to agree with ya though Andy there are Creepers out there!!! And unfortunately when I first "woke up" I set up a meeting with some people and then chickened out.....I am deeply sorry for doing it but I just couldn't go alone and at the time had no one to go with me. So I was a no show and didn't call them. Something I feel awful for and hope if they figure me out they will forgive me!!!! But I will NEVER do it again like that!!! I will have someone to go with me and I actually want to meet up with others. I guess too back then when it happened I wasn't as convinced about things like I am now!!! And we are in deep dodo!! The thing though that just strikes me is how in civilized society,,,,ahem,,,,,self sustainment means do what we think is good for you....Not taking care of yourself as it should!!! And that's a scary concept in a free society!! So I look forward to learning and helping others in their quest for becoming self sufficient and being what this country is suppose to be......free! If there are any preppers in my area I would love to meet up and exchange info, after getting to know them a little at least!!! And last I checked I am NOT creepy.....unless you're a sheeple anyway... :D
Thriving to keep life simple.....
Bekka Lee

Postby Queenie10411 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:05 pm

I am just getting into prepping and have started getting some supplies. Of course I know it takes time and money but more than that it takes knowledge. I live in Swartz Creek which is about 20 min outside of Flint. Own 40 acrea and am working on storage right now. I also would be interested in getting with others. Look forward to it. :) come on Michiganders the challenge is on.
Queenie10411

Postby graf » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:41 am

Queenie10411 wrote:I am just getting into prepping and have started getting some supplies. Of course I know it takes time and money but more than that it takes knowledge. I live in Swartz Creek which is about 20 min outside of Flint. Own 40 acrea and am working on storage right now. I also would be interested in getting with others. Look forward to it. :) come on Michiganders the challenge is on.

Hello neighbor I live between Linden and Gaines been prepping for quite a while and like to get out and practice skills because when it all comes down to it they are the most valable asset. PM me if you want to meet and discuss things. I would like to create a network of neighbors prior to SHTF.
Failing to prep, is prepping to fail !
graf

Postby xray » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:34 am

I am very active, just don't seem to have any thing interesting to add. One thing I have noticed is there is a lot of activity on the Michigan blog. Way to go Michigan!!!
xray

Next

Return to Check In Here Michigan Preppers