• Advertisement

Any active MI members out there??

Please introduce yourself here

Moderators: Atreus, Bmanc21

Re: Any active MI members out there??

Postby Greatsnowy » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:54 pm

Active ? , yes , but it came as a shock to me . In retrospect I'd have to say I've been prepping since about '75 , but we didn't call it that then . It was common sense "take care of you & yours against whatever misfortune might befall you " kind of thinking . The sort of thing we do without giving it a second thought . It takes time though , and resources , and patience. The one thing I never gave much thought to , was a network of like minded . I've picked up a lot of knowledge over the years , and some things . It would be good to talk with folks who think as I do .
Greatsnowy

Postby cecollie » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:19 pm

I live in Jackson county, in the Munith/Stockbridge area. I'm new to the group and consider myself a semi-new prepper. I've done prepping kind of ADD style, unfortunately, but I think I'm starting to figure things out. :)

My sister and I have houses on 18 shared acres. We have a small garden between us (literally between us), but I want to expand it this year. I would also like to add some more fruit trees. I have a large fenced in area that was a dog lot, but I don't have a dog anymore. So this spring I'm converting a shed to a coop and adding chickens.

Looking forward to learning from each of you.
cecollie
Michigan Preppers Network

Postby IceFire » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:48 pm

Welcome from southern Arizona!
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Krash67 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:49 am

New to site. However my wife and I have been actively prepping fot about 1 year. Live in Berrien County. We have about 10 in our group and possibly adding 2 more.
Krash67

Postby cecollie » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:57 am

Welcome. I'm new to the site also. I am in Jackson County. I'm still somewhat new, but I'm eager to learn. I look forward to hearing about your group.
cecollie

Postby Krash67 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:17 am

We are well diversified.we have landscapers with their own equipment and 3 of us have a security backgrounds and we have weapons training as well. We try to meet at least once a month to discuss things though sometimes it's hard with everybody's work schedule. Thanks for the interest it's good to hear that others are taking or starting to get prepared.good luck anything i can do to help let me know
Krash67

Postby catwomanwise » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:44 pm

Hi all. It is good to see more joining. I joined about a month or two ago and was not getting any interest. We live in Lenawee close to Jackson. We too are beginers but coming along nice.
catwomanwise

Postby Shepherdman » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:21 am

Ah, another successful trip to Sam's Club. I always feel a little better adding to my supplies. I found 3 large medal military containers at a warehouse which will work great for storing my dry goods. My plan is to store various supplies in these, Rice, Beans, Flour, salt, sugar etc. to secure them from any bugs or varmits that could possibly find there way into my basement. I'm also excited about a Cabela's opening in March in my neck of the woods. No more shipping costs for ammunition and other equipment. Just feeling good about my prepping and wanted to do a shout out.... :D
Shepherdman

Postby alterego » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:14 pm

WE are here in Ionia County Michigan, right next door, we have been "Prepping" since before "Prepping" was cool, or for that matter before they called it prepping. 20 plus years.
alterego

Postby hooptie » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:44 am

Hello michiganders, I currently live in lapeer county area with my wife and 2 boys but will be moving to Grand Traverse area this spring when my house is done being built. Iv been prepping for over 10 years but I have been really stock piling and prepping heavily for the last 5 years. Wouldn't mind meeting some friendly preppers in my area, If poopoo hits the fan I would like to be able to pull resources together with other preppers I can trust in my area.
hooptie

Active

Postby sixgun1 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:42 pm

Just got here myself & look forward to being here. Emmit County
American by birth Patriot by choice
sixgun1

Postby Countryboy9250 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:00 pm

Howdy fello preppers, I hopes of getting to know some real local ppl to me to share ideas and learn from each other...We are pretty self sufficient already as we are hunters, Fishers, and gardeners. We supply about 80% of what we eat this way. We also have many skills in creating our own tools and weapons for daily use. Hope to hear :clap: from ppl that would like to get together.

Leslie MI
It is not worth doing if you dont do it right....
Countryboy9250

Postby archerytech1 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:45 am

Badluck Andy wrote:Just checking to see if there is any regularly active members in Michigan still. Doesnt seem like there are but maybe im wrong. If there are....lets get some discussions goin about our area. I personally am not looking to meet up. (too many creepers out there) but it would be nice to get to know some fellow preppers in my area.

Active here in Cass County. Southwest side of the state.
archerytech1

Postby Krash67 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:51 pm

Hi all, been out for awhile lots of overtime. Glad to see more people taking being prepared seriously. Update on our group in Berrien County. We are still at 7 strong in our gruop and still try to meet once a month. We collectively look for deals on things and then buy in group to get better deals. We have added a lot of food stores and water since january. Hope you all continue to be ready for shtf, we believe it's coming sooner than later.just keep watching and listening to whats being said and whats not. Good :gunsmile: luck.
Krash67

Postby Snowden » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:22 am

Branch County here...
20 years farming and "unofficially" prepping.
I actually watched this site for a long time before joining
I was (still am) really impressed with the mindset of the members.
Thanks for the challenge...I will attempt to add my 2 cents more.
Snowden

PreviousNext

Return to Check In Here Michigan Preppers