• Advertisement

Michigan Preppers Roll Call 1/15/2012

Please introduce yourself here

Moderators: Atreus, Bmanc21

Michigan Preppers Roll Call 1/15/2012

Postby admin » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:10 pm

The APN is conducting a Network-wide Roll Call. All Preppers Please Respond.

Michigan Preppers,

Please respond to this post and let us know what you've been doing to prepare lately. Share any tips, ideas or educational information that you might have for others.

Don't forget to check back to your state group regularly so you can interact with fellow members. This is very important, checking in frequently will ensure that you don't miss any new members. If you are interested in starting or joining a meetup, be sure to check into your state meetup section as well.

*Update, We now have a video that shows you step by step how to join your states usergroup and add your states tag to your avatar. Please watch the following video

-------------------------------------------------------------
What you can do to support the APN

1) Check out our new Webstore! Visit: Http://www.Store.PreppersNetwork.com If you are looking for food storage, we've got it! In the store you will find an excellent lineup of the major food storage brands: Mountain House, Alpine Aire, Backpackers Pantry, Wise Food Storage, and Tomorrows Harvest. We even have some awesome Brear Grylls Products, Water storage and purifiers and several more survival and preparedness supplies. We will always be adding new products, including a new proposed lineup of products made by fellow Preppers, for Preppers. Next time you add to your preps, be sure to remember the APN!

2) Become a Contributing blogger for the APN. New content to our blogs means more information to share with others. More content and information will attract more traffic and will bring more members to join your states group. More fellow members means more people for you to network with. And what's more is we even offer you an income opportunity for your blog posts as well as links back to your own site so that YOU can get more traffic to YOUR site as well! Here is more detail about the blogging opportunity:
http://www.americanpreppersnetwork.com/2012/01/bloggers-needed-for-apn.html

Here is a video that will walk you step by step to becoming a contributing blogger:

Check out some of our new blogs!

http://Alabama.PreppersNetwork.com
http://Alaska.PreppersNetwork.com
http://Arizona.PreppersNetwork.com
http://Georgia.PreppersNetwork.com
http://Illinois.PreppersNetwork.com
http://Indiana.PreppersNetwork.com
http://Massachusetts.PreppersNetwork.com
http://NorthCarolina.PreppersNetwork.com
http://Ohio.PreppersNetwork.com
http://Oregon.PreppersNetwork.com
http://Pennsylvania.PreppersNetwork.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to answer the Roll Call! Simply reply to this post and let us know what you are doing to prepare.
admin

Re: Michigan Preppers Roll Call 1/15/2012

Postby ghost010owl » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:32 pm

Checking in... new guy on the block.
ghost010owl

Postby irishhillstrish » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:22 am

I find this entire website mostly useless. Few posts, no new information. I'd like to be removed. Thank you.
irishhillstrish

Postby Bekka Lee » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:13 am

Bekka Lee here. Prepping is not a useless function, and one that found mundane by others will find their place in due time.
Finding true preppers is my goal.
Thriving to keep life simple.....
Bekka Lee

Postby dmg50 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:30 am

Dave checking in from SE Michigan. I'm never finished prepping . Currrently working on water storage and powered milk. I'm looking for cheap options. Any preppers in south east michigan? We live south of Monroe.

Noah and Joseph both were preppers
Dave
Dave G.
Noah was a prepper.
dmg50

Postby rahunter » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:14 pm

Checking in, All clear glad to be here. I hope to meet people with the same ideas. SNAFU
rahunter

Postby DaveGillie » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:02 pm

HERE!

From Mid Michigan area NW of Flint.

latest project was Christmas gifting helpful prepper items to family memebers living around the area under guise of "in case storm knocks out power for a long time".
(because it doesn't seem like many people like to even think anything worse could happen!)
DaveGillie

Postby jimmyjr » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:50 pm

Alive and well in W Michigan. I'm currently reading up on how to raise chickens.
There are two ways of exerting one's strength; one is pushing down, the other is pulling up.

--Booker T Washington
jimmyjr
Michigan Preppers Network

Postby tax2death » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:55 pm

have been going through Chemo and missing a lot of work so prepping has slowed down. Have also had to fight off the temptation to fall prey to the lies of the mainstream media put out by the Obummer regime. The lie that things are getting better!!!!! I have bought some ammo, rechargeable batteries, rubbing alcohol,hydrogen peroxide, food. I have made a couple of trips to the retreat to cut wood to stash, brought up used clothes-shoes, duct tape,clear plastic, misc wood-nails. doing what I can untill I can get back to full health and work. anybody out there feeling like IT may not actually happen and we will be eating beans and rice for years to come kind of like Y2K?
my greatest fear in life is that when I die my wife will sell my hunting equipment for what she thinks I spent

If Obummer gets another 4 years gas up the B.O.V !!!!

I went long on precious metals brass-lead
tax2death

Postby Scoutmaster » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:55 am

tax2death wrote: anybody out there feeling like IT may not actually happen and we will be eating beans and rice for years to come kind of like Y2K?

As you said that all depends on who wins in November,
PREPPERS SAVE THE EXCUSES, IT'S NOT ABOUT HAVING TIME, IT'S ABOUT MAKING TIME, IF IT MATTERS YOU WILL HAVE TIME
Every one has priorities, different for each of us, main reasons most of us can not form a group that will last our priorities are all different so are you. REMEMBER, IF YOUR PREP PRIORITIES ARE LOWER THEN THE PEOPLE YOU CAN'T WORK WITH, THEY MIGHT MAKE IT AND YOU WON'T, DON'T BLAME THEM FOR NOT OFFERING YOU HELP LATER, WHEN YOU FAIL LATER AND YOUR IN TROUBLE. BLAME YOUR PRIORITIES.
Scoutmaster

Postby cschaeff » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:31 pm

Checking in. I posted a small article on how I handle food rotation and record keeping on the thread to the National Checkin. I supposed it will be lost in all the checkins from round the country/world?? You might be able to find it by searching for my screen name: cschaeff

I haven't written many postings so it should be easy to pick it out if you can find a list of all of them.

UPDATE: I just tried searching for it, and searching on cschaeff only finds my post to the Michigan section. Oh well.

UPDATE 2: OK, OK. I went back to the posting on the national roll-call, copied it, and am pasting it here.

-------------------------
I'm early on in my prepping activities, but learning a lot as I go along.

For about 18 months, I have been buying a little extra food each week, storing in the cool part of the basement. I understood from the get-go that an effective way to rotate is imperative. To that end, I have had apps for my smartphones to keep a database of:

Category (fruit, veg, meat, etc.)
Sub-Category (Green Beans-sliced)
Quantity on Hand
Date Purchased
Expire date ("best if used before...")
Package type (can, box, etc.)
Size (weight or volume)
Purchase price
Servings per package
Calories per serving

Currently the application I'm using mimics MS Access database and runs on an iPhone. Periodically, I dump a copy off the phone to my computer, import into Excel, spiff up the format a bit and print to paper (don't rely on anything electronic). The data on the phone get's backed up into iTunes, every time I sync the phone, so that is the backup plan for a lost/stolen phone.

Being on stored the phone, when I am shopping I can always do a quick check to see if I need a particular item when I find them on sale.

With the simple database, I really don't need to physically store items with the oldest in front like you would in a store. By sorting the data on Expire date, I can see things that have reached the date, then go find them in the basement "pantry" and move them to our working pantry, near the kitchen.

Oh yes, another thing. I have a two line pricing gun, like used in stores to put price stickers on products. In my case, however, I label each item with the date I purchased the item and also with the expire date. So even without a paper or electronic list of things that are at or near expiration, I could manually go thru everything and easily see on the label the things that need to be used up. This is the fall-back procedure in case all the other systems are lost.

On the shelves (I like the chrome-plated wire rack systems that are used in restaurant kitchens) items are grouped together by Category (see above). In this way, when I have run out of some item in the upstairs working pantry such as beans for chili, I can easily find all the beans in the basement pantry, search for the variety and then pick one that is closest to expiration.
cschaeff

Postby Sail Man » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:08 pm

dmg50 wrote:Dave checking in from SE Michigan. I'm never finished prepping . Currrently working on water storage and powered milk. I'm looking for cheap options. Any preppers in south east michigan? We live south of Monroe.

Noah and Joseph both were preppers
Dave

Dave, we are in South Lyon and keep our boat in Gibraltor. Our "getaway vessel ala Maximum Overdrive (a lesser known Steven King movie)

I'll cut and paste from the main roll call what we have been doing lately.

I have been continuing to purchase prep items.

I have recently inventoried my ammo and magazine amounts. I added 440 round of 7.62 x54R in a sealed can for my Mosin Nagant M44 as well as purchasing more stringer clips and a cleaning kit for her. She is not my MBR but is def. considered to be a vital component of my weapon armory. Future purchases for her include the composite Monte Carlo stock for her as well as the scope mount, then adding a scope itself. Ideally I want to set her up for a long range sniper style weapon.

Today I inventoried my dried good stock I have been accumulating for the intent on a soon to be LTS day. I need to pick up a few more bags of beans and I will then begin sealing everything in 1g mylar bags. I chose the 1g size because I want to create "variety packs" in some 5g pails. My reasoning for that is that if I can only grab so many when it is time to GOOD I will have a variety with me, instead of realizing that I only grabbed my salt LOL.

I have also recently acquired more medical supplies as well. I have yet to order pet meds for us but this is a need I wish to take care of sooner than later.

Other immediate purchases I want to make include a pressure canner and more supplies to water bath can (I have the stock pots)

I continue to purchase sm amounts of preps ev payday, whether it be canned/dried goods, batteries, ammo, etc. I need to rotate my canned goods but that is easier done with my wife at home.
If you drop the baby fake a Seizure.
Sail Man

Postby shocktokum » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:53 pm

HI.my first post ...is this where i get my bed short sheeted...lol Great to read the post from like minded preppers as myself.I have been prepping for several years here in south central Mich. just 25 min.from Ohio and Indiana for those of you who "triangulate"..Hope to share and learn.....God bless
shocktokum

Postby Sprocket » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:10 pm

Here and alive and glad we've prepped well......need a job though.....any ideas. horses are aittle slow Certified farrier willing to trade barter or silver
Sprocket

Postby razr1 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:57 pm

Hello from West Michigan,
razr1

Next

Return to Check In Here Michigan Preppers