• Advertisement

Just joined Anyone in the south metro or southern Minnesota.

Please introduce yourself here

Just joined Anyone in the south metro or southern Minnesota.

Postby AwakeMarine1 » Mon May 02, 2016 12:04 am

Good Evening Everyone,

I can no longer deny that something may be wrong and would like to be ready in case of economic collapse/WROL natural disasters etc. Mainly a disruption in the delivery of goods and services and a break down in security. I am an Iraq Vet (combat decorated) have worked in military police, intel, weapons and tactics, infantry. looking to learn and gain the necessary knowledge and also at some point join a group at a homestead or farm. I am also a family man, so please no craziness the world is ever changing, i do not think it would be the end but we are in for tough times for sure. I am hopeful because i have faith. looking forward to finding out if there are any groups south of the metro or in the south metro.

P.S. I have friends that are on the same page.

Terrence.
AwakeMarine1

Re: Just joined Anyone in the south metro or southern Minnes

Postby Lifelong Survivalist » Mon May 02, 2016 12:34 am

Hello Terrence. And Welcome to APN from a Western Montanan. Your Military training will prove to be very useful as a Prepper. A very good base foundation to build upon. I think you will like the site as soon as you find your way around on it and how it works and it's requirements etc. I suggest you join the Minnesota Group here. You may have more success finding people in your area to contact. Then you can arrange a meet up. :-) Lifelong.
UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL :-)
Lifelong Survivalist

Postby galnextdoor » Mon May 02, 2016 8:26 am

Welcome from the Northwest Metro. :)
galnextdoor

Postby Drakenstead1 » Mon May 02, 2016 9:57 am

Welcome from SE Minnesota
Advice from a Grandfather. Start small, do a bit of homework, make sure that you're spouse and later your children are on board. I'd suggest first develop a plan for the "normal" emergencies we face here in our part of the world. Tornados, floods, summer & winter storms, or a home fire are the most probable immediate threats (there are others). Planning for them with evacuation or stay put options, rally points and procedures for getting home from work or school a modest stock of essentials for sitting out a power outage or a blizzard are all achievable and would be good practice for the larger "events" that many of us see coming. Work out any kinks this way then start planning for the big stuff. Plan your work and work your plan.
Lots of what we Minnesotans have been doing for generations are actually "Prepper" stuff. Starting a small garden, learning to take care of medical emergencies at home, preserving produce in the home (this part is actually fun) teaching your kids about cover and concealment (hide and seek games) are all practice for real world SHTF events. Just remember your wife and children are not marine recruits. Your methods need to be a bit different than your training was.
I'm pretty plugged into where to get "stuff" for a Prepper plan and have been around about long enough that SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) & I can offer advice and direction on quite a few topics. Use the PM (Private Message) function if you need us. We'd be happy to help.
And by the way I always liked Marines. Found them to be no nonsense get the job done sorts who saved my bacon on a couple of occasions.

Just one last thing from an Old Guy....You won't make it without a strong spiritual foundation Sorry if that sounds dogmatic but I've seen too much and feel obligated to point it out to someone I figure for one of the Good Guys eh
Drakenstead1

Postby packrat-steve » Mon May 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Hello from SE Dakota County.
The Very First Prepper was Noah!
"In Confusion There Is Profit"
"By Failing To Prepare, You Are Preparing To Fail"
packrat-steve

Postby jakec2288 » Wed May 04, 2016 8:45 pm

HI! yea i'm in Cottage Grove.
jakec2288

Postby AwakeMarine1 » Thu May 05, 2016 3:16 am

Thank you all for the good advice, if anyone is interested in having a sit down to discuss the feasibility/ pros and cons of developing a community/ group. For the south metro please let me know. I think that if we are all in the same area and band together in an emergency. We can be helpful to each other with supplies, skills, training and safety.
AwakeMarine1

Postby Gunns » Mon May 09, 2016 1:17 pm

Welcome from NE Texas. Left Shakopee Mn two years ago, glad I did.
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby jawilli » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:58 pm

Mankato here.
jawilli

Postby Northern Freeman » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:29 pm

Hello from way up North, from another Vet.
“The Constitution only gives people the right to ‘pursue’ happiness. You have to catch it yourself!” ~ Benjamin Franklin
Ol’ Ben Franklin put it best when he said, “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”
Northern Freeman
Minnesota Preppers Network
Minnesota Preppers Network

Return to Check In Here Minnesota Preppers