• Advertisement

New meet and greet

Post Minnesota meetups and events here

Re: New meet and greet

Postby old_salt » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:42 pm

Can anyone give us a report? We would be interested if there is another one. Due to a schedule conflict, we couldn't make the one last Saturday. Thanks.
old_salt
Minnesota Preppers Network

Postby MinPrep » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:19 am

My suggestion was to set this up for every second Saturday of the month (or some other similar schedule). If people can attend, great, if not no big deal. The response to that suggestion seemed a bit mixed
MinPrep

Postby mombear » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:31 am

We had a great turn out! had great discussion and got to put a face to a bunch of you. Thank you. We talked about the LDS Cannery and I'll be calling the cannery soon to see when we can put a group in there. We had a great show and tell with a how to protect your communications. We talked about some training, starting from the start with basic first aid and CPR. Then it migrated to a weekend camp out with the training and maybe some shooting. :clap: We have a few things to put together to do that.
Your failure to prepare, does not make it an emergency for me!!
mombear
Arkansas Preppers Network

Postby Dartlvr » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:30 am

Nice to see people show up. Are you thinking of having them around the state?
Dartlvr

Postby mombear » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:21 am

looks like the next one will be closer to Morristown area. With the camping options and places to host training, that area, looks the most promising. Plus most of the people at the meeting were from the southern area.
Your failure to prepare, does not make it an emergency for me!!
mombear

Postby Dartlvr » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm

Ok thanks will keep looking in northern MN
Dartlvr

Postby meschke » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:29 pm

anyone can set these up. All it took was someone to pick a date and time and get a free room from a restraunt. you could set one up Dartlvr if you wanted to. Even if 5 people show up it shrinks the state quite a bit.
meschke

Postby SheepDog » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:25 pm

I am new to the network and it was nice meeting so many like minded patriots. I personally believe that the more often the groups meet the better off we all will be. Much to do with little time to do it.
SheepDog

Postby Dartlvr » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:27 pm

Not a problem I know anyone can set it up. Thanks for the info. There are preppers up north they just need to come out of the woods so to speak :)
Dartlvr

Postby Unonius2 » Sat May 12, 2012 8:52 am

Well, shut my mouth.

You all finally met?!
and the world didn't end?

And not everyone in Perkins was looking at you 'funny- like' cuz you wuz 'preppers'?

OK, where's the next meeting?
What's the agenda?
Who's talking about what?
How can we recruit?
Unonius2

Re: New meet and greet Alien Space Bats

Postby Drakenstead1 » Sat May 12, 2012 9:42 am

Yep we finally met.
We as far as I know were not monitored by The DHS nor were we mobed by a horde of Suburban White Liberals shouting "Racist!" at us.
I did notice that the Alien Space Bats were monitoring us but my force field seems to have blocked their evil plans. It was concealed in the Sock Monkey hat.

Meeting went well as far as I could tell. Madam & I met a couple of folks we would even consider inviting for supper. Plans were made for a trip to an LDS Canning Facility & for a Medic Trainig Session with a group shoot and camp out attached to it.

Both plans appear to be DOA. The repsonse to a Date Survey for the LDS trip drew a sub-optimal response & the Training cum Shoot appears to be shot dead.

Folks seem to me to be retreating into their own prep mode and taking care of personal lives which understandably can be complicated.

I'm suggesting what I think might be a better approach. I think we should form relationships with eachother one person * one family at a time. The Private message function on this forum, postings on the MN Section and email are a very good way to do this.

The "meetups" and Projects will grow out of this. A couple of people would say #1 "Hey let's do a LDS cannery trip" #2 "Ya I know a couple of people who'll show up let's pick a date" #1 Hey I know a couple as well lets look for one or two more couples and meet the last Thursday in June. I'll handle the set up with LDS Cannery but I'll need orders to me by 1st friday in June" #2 Ok I'll handle the orders as soon as we get the participant list together. I'll do it by PM & email" #1 "great let's do it"

Makes more sense to me than a big meet up & herding cats to one place for chatter and little results. Lets sow seeds & let the garden grow. We don't need an organized Prepper Army just a bunch of people tied together by friendships & common goals. Small is good and a lot more functional.
Drakenstead1

Postby D_Loki » Thu May 17, 2012 3:56 pm

Great idea localizing and gettin more to one on one rather than a large "army". This is especially necessary with our fellow preppers who are out in the boonies (Lucky buggers) rather than in the metro area. Speaking of the Metro, anyone wanting to begin trying to get a regular meeting/project going in the Metro area, PM me an we will see what we can drum up to get bizzzzzy. You can call me #1 now ;)
D_Loki
Minnesota State Moderator
Minnesota State Moderator

Postby tathrok » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:55 am

I live in the South Metro as well. Love to meet up with some people!

June 30th is too soon (since I cant' sleep and it's already here) I'm sure, so does Saturday the 7th of July work for anyone?
tathrok

Postby mnkid » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:10 pm

I missed the earlier meet-n-greets. I want to get together next time. South metro for me.
mnkid

Previous

Return to Minnesota Meetups