• Advertisement

hey, where is everyone from?

Post Minnesota meetups and events here

Re: hey, where is everyone from?

Postby anytimemike » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:08 pm

Welcome Gallimaufry, I hope your guy Cuomo doesn't get his way!
I know what you mean about the food. About 3 hours after eating it I start to contemplate turn what ever I bought at the show on myself. Show starts at 9 so planning on hitting it about then. Looking for clip, ammo, and anything else that might become scares in the coming weeks if people get their way. That's provided prices aren't sky high, or available.
If you are planning to be around that time it would be good to put a face to a name.
anytimemike
Wisconsin Preppers Network

Postby River Falls Guy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:38 am

I will put up a brobidingian effort to get there early.

River Falls Guy.
River Falls Guy

Postby anytimemike » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:03 pm

I'm planning on getting to the gun show in hastings early and then heading to the capital for the rally.
RFG I sent you a PM about Saturday.
anytimemike

Postby River Falls Guy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:37 pm

Honest to God Anytimemike; I was there, but after 15 minutes it became a matter of survival, and not about meeting someone. If you were there, you know that there had to be 300 people in that gymnasium sized space in no time flat. I have never experienced that level of man-touching in my life. Did find some .45 Colt, 7.62x51, and renewed my NRA membership. Prices were a kick in the gut; scratch and dent AK mags that could have been found in the $5 box months ago, were now proudly displayed at $45. I saw a DPMS AR priced at $2500. :shock:
On the way out the door, I saw A guy in his early 20's walking out with a cavalry Mosin Nagant; and I asked him how much he paid for it. '$270', he replied; and when he saw me picking my jaw off the ground, he replied, 'But it's worth $400'. W T F ? I paid $90 for an infantry Mosin Nagant just a year or so ago. What a day, what an age we are living in.
Anyways, sorry to have missed you. Maybe something less crowded next time. BTW, I never got the PM.

River Falls Guy.
River Falls Guy

Postby anytimemike » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:30 am

I was ther right at 9 and you would have thought they were giving away free poo poo. If I wou
D have known what people were willing to pay for some of the crap, I would have bought a table and sold half of my stuff and made enough to pay my mortgage for a year. I saw 20 rds. Of WPA being bought for between $13-24 a box. Just this Wednesday I bought the same stuff at fleet for $5.49 and was upset at that price. It's funny and sad to hear people talking about the great deal they just got for the most basic DPMS for $2200 I mean no sights, no collapsible stock, and only what looked like a 10 rd. mag. I almost wanted to say something but was afraid the guy would get upset and cause a riot and with all those people someone was getting hurt. Last thing we need is a news story about a riot at a gun show.
Did find a couple of good deals. The larger 50 cal ammo cans for $22 bought three for $45. Found a guy doing 550 cord bracelets and other things, he had made a sling for his AR with quick detach so only need one sling and a couple of connectings for each gun and all set. The sling has about 220 ft of cord. And also have a line on a M109A3 it's a 2 1/2 with the hard sided command center in the back, it's a multi fuel so make a great BOV. And of course the NRA memberships being $10 off is not a bad way to end the show, plus got a great hat to attend the rally today. And as far as the man touching goes if I do not come back down with the flu again I'll be shocked.
I'll check my outbox and see what happened to the PM, but we can try some other time.
Big show this coming weekend at the river center downtown.
anytimemike

Postby Chop81 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:56 pm

I am from Coon Rapids. Like to be further out with more property but I guess it is what it is.

Amazing how much people will pay. I plan to go to St. Paul on Saturday and expect to see mostly overpriced stuff. Unfortunately, if you need things you sometimes have to pay the price. Rather pay more now and have it than wait until later and maybe not get it or costing even more.
Chop81
Minnesota Preppers Network

Postby anytimemike » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:17 pm

Hopefully with it being a bigger show prices will be a little better. I'm really hoping some of them have ammo for sale. And not at the prices like last week. If that is the case I might just carry around some of my own stuff and make myself a payday.
anytimemike

Postby River Falls Guy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:01 am

Sorry, no chance of me going to St. Paul this weekend. There is is that extreme skating competition, a cat show, and few other events going on. Parking will me maddening, and I want no part of it. Check in later, as there will be a show in short time in New Richmond, and Eau Claire.

River Falls Guy.

PM'ing would best be prudent from here out, as it seems we are taking over this post.
River Falls Guy

Postby jeffs » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:09 pm

Brooklyn Center here.
jeffs

Postby akalls001 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:51 am

I am from extreme Northeastern Minnesota, in the land of ice and snow. I have yet to see anyone on this list from my area. I do correspond with a friend in St. Cloud, but that is 250 miles away. Sometimes I wonder if prepping is really worth it..............but I do so anyway! Why? Because I do NOT want to be one of those who either starves or steals (and worse) from others. I lived in the woods all my life except for the Army and a few excursions across the states and I know how to garden-just took it up again after 40 years saying I would never have a garden-hunt and basically survive! And I want my wife and I to survive and am prepping for our three sons and families and perhaps Mothers to rely on US for sustenance. We do our best. I have a sling shot at which I excel, for like game birds, and a very powerful pellet rifle, and will be picking up a crossbow soon. We are mostly ready. Our sons have firearms, but they all live over 100 miles away and when TSHTF I am hoping they can make it here. Of course none of them believe me when I say "Prepare now" so we will have to help them. Like accumulate gas for their escape vehicles and perhaps make sure each has a short term survival kit-ya know, some groceries, etc..

Anyway, I surely would like to meet up with some other preppers way up here so if yer interested, let me know. For those looking to relocate I can help find shelter.

akalls001
up north
akalls001

Postby akalls001 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:52 am

Oh, can anyone tell me how to change my password.....the one the network gave me is kinda weird and I will never remember it.

akalls
up north
akalls001

Postby akalls001 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:53 am

ahhhhhhh.the date is March 25, 2013

will change that (I hope)
akalls001

Postby Northern Freeman » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:35 pm

Here.
“The Constitution only gives people the right to ‘pursue’ happiness. You have to catch it yourself!” ~ Benjamin Franklin
Ol’ Ben Franklin put it best when he said, “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”
Northern Freeman

Postby hrb77 » Mon May 20, 2013 12:17 pm

South Minneapolis - pretty new to the list
hrb77

Postby survimom » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:39 pm

Near Mankato. Anyone else down this way?
survimom

Previous

Return to Minnesota Meetups