• Advertisement

Montana Preppers Roll Call 11/27

Please Introduce Yourself Here!

Montana Preppers Roll Call 11/27

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:22 am

Montana Preppers, Check in and let us know what you've been doing lately to prep.
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Montana Preppers Roll Call 11/27

Postby mudmaiden » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:37 am

Hello!
I'm working on a plan... what we'd need for food in a year, supplemental heating/power sources, always planning the garden. And just trying to learn a whole bunch!
mudmaiden
Montana Preppers Network
Montana Preppers Network

Postby psimation » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:40 pm

We're here, just tryin to stay warm and keep the critters fed.

Rick & Cher
http://www.poohcornersfarm.blogspot.com
Seeya,
Psi...
Helena MT
“To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.” Thomas Jefferson
psimation
Montana Preppers Network
Montana Preppers Network

Postby Nitewriter » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:44 pm

Hi gang I am here in Laurel MT outside of Billings

I am looking for a small farm in this area or heading toward Red lodge for sale

I am changing the chicken ordinance in Laurel so people can have poultry
I found a great off shore pharmacy that sells Canadian quality medications. No pain killers or narcotics, just meds like thyroid, antibiotics and such. Will pull together the information for a short article.

I'll send my homemade dog food recipe to anyone who wants it
Thanks and keep on prepping
D
Nitewriter

Postby Jericho Montana » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:26 pm

Been away for a while on other business, but should be back to the group by this weekend.

I had originally posted a couple times to this section when I first joined, but not much response. Sure hoping we can get some discussion going, I got a ton of questions.

JM
Jericho Montana

Postby mudmaiden » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:04 am

Great to see more on the board. Nitewriter - I'd love to hear more about your efforts to change the chicken ordinance. There's a group here in Great Falls working on the same thing. Chickens were classifed as "livestock" a few years ago to prevent people from keeping them in town, even though many have for decades. There's one individual who has a serious poultry phobia for some reason, too. Craziness!
mudmaiden
Montana Preppers Network
Montana Preppers Network

Postby razr » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:51 am

Greetings from Monarch Montana....Just staying warm, doing some dehydrating.

Trying to heal up this broken leg, reading a lot. I am trying to learn how to pressure can and make cheese. That should keep me busy for the winter. Stay safe and warm.
razr
Montana Preppers Network
Montana Preppers Network

Postby mudmaiden » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:33 pm

Hey razr,
If you ever have questions on pressure canning feel free to give me a shout. I use mine quite a bit,including doing venison. It's pretty handy to make a Bambi pot pie. I make mozzarella cheese, and am looking forward to branching out in my cheesemaking, too.

Take care, stay warm and hope your leg heals quickly!
Amy
mudmaiden
Montana Preppers Network
Montana Preppers Network

Postby aperfectcureMT » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:27 am

Hey all, I am very new on this site and am deffinatly trying to get ahold of all local Montanans that want to survive at all costs. I have been preparing readiness for years, my judgement for survival is keen..I have many skills to bring to the table including labor realted skills and i am have a very green thumb. I am an avid outdoorsman, hunter, survivalist. I am currently finishing up my 7day pack that will house myself my wife and child, a 3 day bag and a bug out bag. I am setting up for a solar recharge station, and 3 years of food for my family. I am looking to find like minded people who have a variety of skills including firstaid and surgery. Metal working skills, vermiculture skills, and just ab out anyone who wants to survive anything catasptrphic....please email me saksa420@GMAIL.COM
I am always willing to chat with people int he Helena Area....I am thinking about buying land in the Helena Area and building a fallout shelter and survivalist colony...any locals please email for a phone number :clap:
aperfectcureMT

Postby Anita » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:27 pm

Hello everyone. I have just joined this site. I am new at learning how to be prepared. I have been learning how to dehydrate and store foods, making plans for future gardening and currently indoor gardening. I have a vacuum sealer and oxygen packs to use for food storage. I would greatly appreciate any tips on survial and preparedness. Also if anyone has suggestions on local seeds, produce etc. I live about 75 miles from Billings in a very rural area. Thanks. Anita
Anita

Postby Anita » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:51 pm

Hello everyone. I am new here. I live about 80 miles outside of Billings in a very rural area. I have been learning how to prepare. I am ordering mylar bags next week, have a vacuum sealer, dehydrator, and will be collecting food storage containers my next trip to the city. All tips and advice are needed and greatly appreciated!!!!! I know how to dehydrate vegies and fruits, meats I don't. I am also ordering some heirloom seeds next month for storage.
Nice to meet everyone. Anita
Anita

Postby Hravenlandeye » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 am

Hello Montana Preppers!! my wife and I are preppers originally from the east coast. she's a city girl from York PA and I'm a bit of both city and country being from DC and the appalachian mountains. we're located in billings right now but are trying to find land and looking for someplace we can build a house very cheaply. I have carpentry and plumbing skills but not very good with electrical systems. I've been a prepper for around 7 years 4 in TN, 1 here and 2 in DC. I grew up on a small hobby farm in the mountains and my parents were part of the back to the land movement of the late 70's.currently we are looking at land near the beathtooth mountains and around great falls/helena area. I hoppe I can be of help to others on the forum being a jack of all trades. :)
Hravenlandeye

Postby DianaMT » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:25 pm

Hi,

Anita and I have been talking about a meet-up here in Billings. It won't be till the spring.

I, my husband, adult kids and grandkids live here in Billings.

Diana
One good turn gets most of the blankets! ;-)
Kromski Spinning Wheels and Looms Dealer: http://montanamadetradingpost.com/FiberJourney/index.html
All-around fiber junkie
DianaMT

Postby razr » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:57 am

Hey there I am pretty new at this....so please give me a break if I mess up sending anything....just learning.....but not new to prepping.....However am looking for someone in the Monarch, Great Falls area that can teach me to pressure can....any help would be appreciated or just talking to like minded ppl would help.....am up on about 5,600 feet pretty much by myself.....any useful help would be appreciated
:)
razr
Montana Preppers Network
Montana Preppers Network

Postby razr » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:02 am

Mudmaiden...thank you for the reply.....I REALLY NEED TO LEARN THIS! Have been down with a badly broken leg for almost a year .....so slowed up my prepping...starting to walk a little (like a penguine...lol).....but I would love to talk to anyone that can tell me what kind of pressure canner to buy, and anything else you can add would be so greatly appreciated....ty sooo very much for the reply
razr
Montana Preppers Network
Montana Preppers Network

Next

Return to Check In Here Montana Preppers