• Advertisement

Winter is coming

Post general Oregon topics here

Re: Winter is coming

Postby Shera » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:19 pm

Opps, I meant The most active Oregon Preppers are on the West side of the Cascades.
Shera

Postby WyoDutch » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:02 pm

Hard frost this morning. 1/4" of ice in the livestock water.

Mule deer does are in heat... bucks are bulked up and oblivious to everything except their favorite doe(s).

Out of state hunters come in with one clean shirt and a $20 bill. They stay two weeks and don't change either one.

Last of the tourists clearing out.

Time to pour a mug of hard cider, cut a chunk of venison baloney and once again... watch one of the best Western films ever made. Not on a level with "The Searchers", but a good watch.

You know times are bad in America when GW Bush's presidency starts looking good..
WyoDutch
Wyoming Preppers Network
Wyoming Preppers Network

Postby MMJainC11 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:07 pm

I am I. selma Oregon I AM a disabled divorced mother of two taking care of my mother on 5 a.c.. Way out I. Mountains of selma..I don't I ow any preppers. When I talk about prepping most just think I am crazy..well I have been starting my heirloom seed bank this year but I have no protection and very very little money as I am disabled. From PTSD. FROM Past exstremly Abusive men I have dated..in fact the last one destroyed three of my 4x4 right in my driveway and stole my guns, pepper spray, faders (anything I had for protection) and all my tools ect. Yes I've finally come to realize my man pickers broken!! So now I AM trying to tale care of my property and. Mom. I'm only 45 and I now keep to my mountain but I really would like to meet some other preppers and most likey I need some help with defence..I am a little scared of what's to come being alone out here is scary..I don't even know if there is any other PPL out her prepping or if there is a community of them?!
MMJainC11

Postby Lionheart1972 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:01 am

WestPrep wrote:Just in general. I was trying to liven up the Oregon conversations here but most of the people replying here are out of state. I am about ready to give up on the forum due to lack of involvement. Love the main website though.

WP, I have gone through a similar experience with Kansas Preppers Forum. It seems like 99% of past KP participants have opted out for facebook. The primary reason I keep coming back it to support this excellent source for information and secondarily, to help new folks get connected. I hope you choose not to give up, you never know, that one person might come along that needs you to get connected.
Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants and debt is the money of slaves.
Lionheart1972
Kansas State Moderator
Kansas State Moderator

Previous

Return to Oregon Discussion, News and Weather