• Advertisement

the perfect survival group members

Post general Oregon topics here

Re: the perfect survival group members

Postby AuntBee » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:59 pm

Everyman wrote:
Another disturbing feature of their beliefs is that somehow post SHTF there will appear people who wear their resumes and skill sets on their chests and will come begging to join their wonderful survival group....in the fashion of 'One second After." And what is even more bizarre (or more correctly delusional) is that these "Doers"... meaning people who have real hands on productive skills...will somehow willingly subjugate themselves to the direction of leadership that in all likelihood has as its only bona fides "a management background"....meaning they never produced one scrap of useful matter in their lives.

Hmm. I don't really see that happening. The kind of folks you describe probably wouldn't survive long if they maintained those attitudes. My experience in life has been that people often surprise you by rising to the occasion, rising to meet expectations if given half a chance. If you don't expect a child to do well in school, for instance, they probably won't. If you don't expect an office drone to pick up an axe and have a try and chopping wood, they won't. The leaders set the bar. If those leaders are people whose only "skill" is that they have management experience, they won't be the ones people follow, and I can't picture any of the self-described rednecks here truckling to someone like that.

Aunt Bee
AuntBee
New York Preppers Network
New York Preppers Network

Previous

Return to Oregon Discussion, News and Weather