• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

Virginia Preppers Roll Call 11/26

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderator: simpleman

Virginia Preppers Roll Call 11/26

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:45 pm

Virginia Preppers, Check in and let us know what you've been doing lately to prep.
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Virginia Preppers Roll Call 11/26

Postby MikeH » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:24 pm

Did some canning about a month ago, picked up a couple boxes of MRE's. Next on the list are some Black Berkey filters just to have on hand. Oh yea, I have been picking up some 22LR here and there to stash away.
I never let me schooling interfere with my education."Mark Twain"
MikeH
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby GloryEnding » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:56 pm

Been a prepper only since July. Have built up food stores, purchased a few guns, a bunch of ammo, started raising 8 chickens, and have been learning a lot. New to the VA prepper network - located in Campbell County. Only prepping lately was to travel much differently over the holiday than I would've a year ago - took a good deal of GOOD type gear, just in case we got stranded along the way. And over the last couple weeks have been trying to get some firewood built up for our emergency-use woodstove. Canned some apple pie filling last month, etc. Glad to join and hope to find some good community - the more preppers I run into, the more optimistic I am about making it through...
GloryEnding

Postby Nucleus » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:48 pm

Tidewater VA here. We've been filling two litre bottles with dried mashed potatoes. We froze them for 72 hours, then let them sit out to thoroughly dry for a day or so, and then simply fill the bottles, seal them up, label them, and wow is this one long sentence. It is quite the satisfying experience though. We do it with everything from quick rice, to beans, to milks, to spaghetti etc. etc. etc. even sugar and cheerios. Everything is dry, of course, that keeps it all light weight and easily portable. A friend of ours is eating the rice and beans that he put away 13 years ago - for Y2K!
Nucleus

Postby MikeH » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:07 pm

Nucleus wrote:Tidewater VA here. We've been filling two litre bottles with dried mashed potatoes. We froze them for 72 hours, then let them sit out to thoroughly dry for a day or so, and then simply fill the bottles, seal them up, label them, and wow is this one long sentence. It is quite the satisfying experience though. We do it with everything from quick rice, to beans, to milks, to spaghetti etc. etc. etc. even sugar and cheerios. Everything is dry, of course, that keeps it all light weight and easily portable. A friend of ours is eating the rice and beans that he put away 13 years ago - for Y2K!

Nucleus,

I am also in the Tidewater area, good to have others in the area. Let me know if I can help with anything.

Mike
I never let me schooling interfere with my education."Mark Twain"
MikeH

Postby NavyVet » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:38 pm

Central Virginia here (Powhatan/Richmond). We are new to prepping. So far we have begun to stock up our pantry to get at least a month's worth of decent food. We could probably make it a good 2-3 weeks at this point. Bought our first gun in December, and got my conceal carry permit. We're stocking up on bottled water from Sam's Club for drinking. I'm also filling up 3 liter soda bottles with water from our well for other uses like bathing, water for pets, and a back-up source for drinking.

We've purchased several books on homesteading, food storage, and living off the grid. I've also been printing out a lot of things from the internet that I simply had marked as favorites before.

I"m sure most of this is basic to experienced preppers but we have to start somewhere.
NavyVet

Postby kingpin » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:12 pm

Hi all, I currently live in southern maryland but will be setting up a homestead out in Virginia here in the next few months (Let me know if any body know of a good retreat property for sale) I am a father of three great kids and a lvoing wife that is starting to come around to the prepper life (only took a year better late then never :clap) I have been prepping for about a year and have most of the basics covered but I am ready to make the next step and continue to learn new skill sets. Its always a blessing to communicate with like minded people it seems that most of the people around here are blinded with complacency.
kingpin

Postby smnoble00 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:23 pm

In Chesapeake area here, I have been filling up bottles of water, have aquired a large amount of non perishable foods supplies but that is only the beginning. We have aquired 3 new weapons, a dog, and are looking for a trailer and Camper. Not going in detail as to what we have but what we are doing.
smnoble00

Return to Check In Here Virginia Preppers