• Advertisement

Nebraska Preppers Roll Call 11/26

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Nebraska Preppers Roll Call 11/26

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:08 am

Nebraska Preppers, Check in and let us know what you've been doing lately to prep.
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Nebraska Preppers Roll Call 11/26

Postby Will » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:27 am

Will C out here in the true middle of Nebraska. the Family and I have been talking about building a stockpile out of the way so I am looking around for ideas. Some inexpensive ways to build and store without breaking the bank.
Will

Postby Terry Lane » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:17 pm

Terry Lane here in Lincoln. Take care.
Terry Lane
Nebraska's Official Hon. Col. Wm. F. "Buffalo Bill" Cody
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Appointed Training Counselor
Terry Lane

Postby Trick James » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:47 pm

Trick James here
I am a poster for the Nebraska Preppers Network Blog My first post was a couple of years ago.
I want to welcome all to the site. I hail from Central Nebraska. If you have some good information to post let me know and we will get it on.
Keep on prepping
Trick James
Nebraska Preppers Network

Postby Trick James » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:52 pm

Will wrote:Will C out here in the true middle of Nebraska. the Family and I have been talking about building a stockpile out of the way so I am looking around for ideas. Some inexpensive ways to build and store without breaking the bank.

Will C
What exactly are you wanting to do? Do you want a storage building to put your prepper supplies in? I work in construction and might have an idea for you. Let me know
Trick James

Postby Will » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:32 pm

I would like to build a cache that could double as a shelter if we needed it to be. I have a place located and I am looking into buying some RR ties for walls and ceiling. I would like a reinforced concrete floor and I would be building it into the side of a hill near a spring feed creek. Do you have any suggestions of how big it would need to be, how deep I could go, and the easiest way to get concrete into a remote area with no roads? by the way I would be looking at sizing it for 6 at this time.
Will

Postby jdblank » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:43 pm

Doc Joe out in the Panhandle. Mainly working on staying warm and caring for the animals.
jdblank

Postby Trick James » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:40 pm

Will wrote:I would like to build a cache that could double as a shelter if we needed it to be. I have a place located and I am looking into buying some RR ties for walls and ceiling. I would like a reinforced concrete floor and I would be building it into the side of a hill near a spring feed creek. Do you have any suggestions of how big it would need to be, how deep I could go, and the easiest way to get concrete into a remote area with no roads? by the way I would be looking at sizing it for 6 at this time.

Will,
1. In Grand Island you can buy 8' RR Ties for a buck or so each at Nevada Railroad Materials Nebraska Office 308 Willow Street Grand Island, NE 68801 (308) 381-0292 They will load them on a trailer for you.
2. Ties would not work for a ceiling because they are generally only 8' long and that is not long enough for the room you might need. The public power districts around here give away used power poles. You could span more distance that way. Check with your local power company.
3. I hope the side of the hill you dig into faces south so you can get the light and solar heat benefit from the sun. A south facing wall can incorporate a good door and glass windows. Decent windows are able to be found at local auctions, internet auctions such as "bigiron.com or check with anyone who installs windows. You could always buy new ones. I got a few insulated glass panels I could give you if you don't find anything else. You would have to build frames for them
4. For short term 12'wide x 20'long x 8'tall might be enough room, long term you would want more room. Mix and pour your own concrete on site. Could be done by hand. Gas powered concrete mixer is a lot better solution. You would have to haul in sand and gravel and bags of portland cement. You needs lots of manpower. 240 sq ft slab is very doable. Get ahold of me at trickjames@gmail.com if you want to exchange anymore info.
trick
Trick James

Postby Trick James » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:54 pm

jdblank wrote:Doc Joe out in the Panhandle. Mainly working on staying warm and caring for the animals.

Hi Doc Joe
Are you livin the good life out in the country or in town?
Hey what kind of medical supplies should a prepper stock up on. Would you like to write up a little article about what a family in Nebraska should have on hand for medical emergencies? I know we got blizzards, tornadoes, bitter cold, floods, grass fires, possible bio hazards, chemical hazards ans so on and so forth. What would you recommend as far as any emergency first aid training?
I hope you could send something to me at trickjames@gmail.com and we can get it on the Nebraska Preppers Blog
Trick James

Postby ta2ed_diamond » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:59 am

Hi Everyone,
Stina here in the Panhandle. Canning, quilting, gardening, shooting (accuratley I might add), generally trying to be self sustaining.
ta2ed_diamond

Postby ta2ed_diamond » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:05 am

There is a conference in the Panhandle at WNCC next Friday. http://www.nslw.org/conversations.html
ta2ed_diamond

Postby irsqu911 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:52 am

Hello all,

Two fairly new preppers here in Ralston.
We have family out in central NE but currently live in the Omaha area.
Pretty skilled up (19-D x 8 yrs, Paramedic x 15 yrs)
Very interested in learning more.
Feel free to contact us : irsqu911.....at.....yahoo.com

Thanks
irsqu911

Postby Drunkenchef » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:17 pm

Anybody still out in the panhandle?
Drunkenchef

Postby compexp » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:46 pm

just you jackalope chasers! :)
Why is common sense no longer common?