• Advertisement

Nevada Preppers Roll Call 11/26

Please introduce yourself here

Nevada Preppers Roll Call 11/26

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:07 am

Nevada Preppers, Check in and let us know what you've been doing lately to prep.
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Nevada Preppers Roll Call 11/26

Postby wcallahan » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:40 pm

Hello, we just got started prepping and are concentrating on food storage first. I'm a retired Air Force Boom Operator and my wife is a retired stay at home mom. Hope to meet other like minded preppers in my area.
wcallahan

Postby MarkScarborough » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:09 pm

I am here in Las Vegas and have been storing up supplies for two years. I will be seting up a ham radio soon [already have the radios just looking for the right antenna]. Also ex-military. I may try to get the CERT training while things are still working.

Mark Scarborough
2413 Lourdes Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89102
Phone: 702-362-8112
eMail: MarkScarborough@centurylink.net

PS: Put me on the Christmas list.
MarkScarborough

Postby don » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:17 pm

hello, my name is Don and i would like to introduce myself. i am married and in my fifties and am a truck driver and away from home a bit but we are trying to start out prepping and are working on food and water first. i wonder if there is meetings to go over what works and doesnt work as far as growing food here in southern nev. along with general discussions on prepping issues if not would would a once a month meeting be something people would be interested in trying?
don

Postby dougos67 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:41 pm

Hello everyone. My name is Doug, I'm in my 40s, married with 2 teens. I am former Army MP, former EMT-B and currently do contract security for the U.S. Gov't. My family has always had a "rural" mind set, love camping and outdoor activities. We have only recently begun serious concentration on "prepping" and would love to meet with others in the Vegas (ugh!) area.
dougos67

Postby Tayluca » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:26 pm

Hi Nevada Preppers! I'm Jamie, 30yrs old (going on 50 some days) and I'm new to the prepper arena. I've watched my extended family do it for years but am just getting started with my family (husband, 3 kids and a yappy dog). I'm working to eliminate our debt, first and foremost, so we can afford to purchase items and learning how to live frugally in the meantime. It's all a little overwhelming for me but I'm just trying to take it one step at a time. I have 3 young children so socializing with other preppers might be a little difficult for me but I'm interested in learning how people in the NV area are prepping and if possible, do a little socializing.
Tayluca
Nevada Preppers Network
Nevada Preppers Network

Postby dsnev » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:26 am

hi I am Dennis I live in Pahrump nevada, i am trying to buy the acre of land i rent and start first steps of aquaponics food system, anyone in vegas area struggling to prep ( like me $) keep pahrump in mind as a near by place to escape to, cheeper land etc, give me time to get things going and i may consider things like garden share ( using aquaponics/ garden share is where i do the work you pay share of cost and reap benifits ) would consider also to dehydrate your share, roomate situation? or even a "weekend " roomate at lower cost, or if you can afford larger investment buy an acre and I will manage your own aquaponics and you have a weekend retreat or out of city escape plan,with lots of food and herbal med"s
i feel like minded people need to join to help each other wolfdjg@msn.com
dsnev

Postby Vegas_Harry » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:58 am

Hello,
My name is Bud. I'm new to prepping. I'm retired and live in Henderson, Nevada. I'm a Vietnam era combat veteran (11B4P) 101st ABN with a earned limp. I'm quit knowledgeable and experienced in small unit tactic's and strategies. I'm looking for a serious local group to join.
Vegas_Harry

Postby Senior Prepper » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:59 pm

...GoodDay To All...New Prepper Here..Started Prepping in 2010...Open To Comments/Suggestions/Sharing Information...Would Like To Share This... :wave: For A Composting Toilet...Gather SawDust For Medium...& You May Want To Purchase A Bag Of Compost For Biodegrading Daily Scraps...When/If "Republic" Stops Picking Up Our "Garbage"...It's Our Turn...
Senior Prepper

Postby heyrob » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:03 am

Hello, new to site. In Carson city area. been prepping for a few months. glad to see a site for Nevada peppers.
heyrob

Postby ErinRenee » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:50 am

Erin Renee
Prepper, Carson City, South Carson for now.
Checking in for roll call.
Been prepping since the Tsunami hit Japan.
We include a plan for our horses for bug out if we have to..
Is anyone getting sick of the grocery stores? Walmart has raised a lot of prices by 50 cents. Standards like juice, bacon, cereal. I seriously get nauseous.
ErinRenee

Postby Zohan » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:29 pm

Hello everyone,

Joshua, prepper in Las Vegas, NV. Started prepping early this year, and have started a small group of likeminded individuals. I am interested in meeting other preppers, to possibly make a larger group. Our members vary in age, gender, experience, and professions: ranging from security guards to the medical field. We are fairly new to prepping but are dedicated to the survival of our group and anyone that may join us. If you are interested please feel free to e-mail me at ponseti.joshua@yahoo.com or pm me here.

God Bless All Here
Joshua
Zohan

Postby rdc308 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:25 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm also in Vegas. I'm interested in prepping and have been kinda working towards that end for years. I'm ex-air force retired. I'm interested in sharing notes with others here in Vegas on preparations they've made. My kids and grandkids are all here in Vegas so considering the current state of affairs obviously I'm interested in protecting their futures.

RDC
rdc308

Re: Nevada Preppers Roll Call 4/23

Postby arosestarr » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:29 am

Hey there!! Soo happy to see that there is a forum to reach out to others in my area. I also am going to be getting a radio and would first like to know what the most frequented channels will be. I am pretty lucky because I have always been a prepared person my whole life, but I am not sure I am ready for what is to come! I do know that the most important thing to my and my familys survival is strengthening our support systems. I have been working diligently to make all of my family and friends mindful to prepare for themselves. I can promise direction and support but I beleive it is important that everyone be responsible for stocking up on food and water for themselves....everything else we can make happen!! I have many great ideas and much information and would love to share them with others in my community!! (Especially after our wonderful sky display) Love and light to all those seeking it!!
arosestarr

Postby Bohica2013 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:51 am

Hi, Everyone!

I just joined the Network today. This looks to be my kind of place.

From reading a few of the posts, it seems like the question of "What have you done to prepare" pops up frequently, so I'll address that during my introduction to all of you.

You could say that I've been prepping from the time I left home at 17 (all the way back in 1975) all the way up to today. I have ALWAYS had at least one weeks worth of food and water with me. "Preppers" were not even heard of at that time and the Government didn't broadcast any type of emergency preparedness over the airwaves, they were too busy having "Duck & Cover" drills in all of the schools.

Having lived through some pretty "lean" times growing up I became determined to make sure that this wouldn't happen to me and mine if I could prevent it.

Since it's just me and Mama to preparefor, as our kids are grown and live elsewhere, my prepping is tailored for two with additional supplies in the event that one or both of my kids and their families are here if/when TSHF.

We have stocked, so far, over 100 cases of canned goods, very heavy on beans and other proteins, which are double wrapped in plastic wrap with an "oxygen thief" packet in each case to prevent rust.

We currently have 60 five gallon buckets of "dry goods" which range from rice to beans to powdered milk and powdered eggs, all of which are packaged into Food Saver bags, each bag containing two to three days of the product and each package containing an oxygen thief pack. Each bucket is sealed and has an additional oxygen thief in the bucket. There is also a preparation sheet inside the bucket for any product that has special preparation instructions such as amount of water for bakery mixes, what to add, such as oil, eggs, spices, etc. Each bucket is labeled for contents and also has any special preparation instructions taped to the outside of the bucket in a clear plastic document protector. I know this sounds redundant, but that's a good thing.

We have 8 fifty-five gallon drums for water storage, the water being treated with a preservative so that the water will remain free of germs for 5 years. We plan to buy at least eight more barrels in the near future. Can't have enough water.

We also have a variety of medical instruments, dressings, long term shelf stable medications and ointments, this includes water pruification chemicals and a ceramic filtered water pump.

We have a wide variety of supplies for our comfort, sleeping bags, pads, lanterns, stoves etc, etc. We are a "camping" family so these supplies have been upgraded over the years to the point that we could literally sleep out in the open during winter and still stay toasty. We also have kerosene lamps and candles. "Let there be Light!"

We have quite an arsenal as well. Everything from .22 rifles & pistols to assault rifles and large calibre pistols. All LEGAL (as long as we don't take them to California)

We maintain a MINIMUM of 1000 rounds for everything except the assault rifles. For those we maintain 10,000 for each. What's the old saying, "Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it." All of the firearms and ammunition have been collected over a peroid of years so that the financial impact wasn't too hard on us or our paychecks.

As of now, if there a SHTF situation we'll do a BOIP. Beyond having a relatively "safe room," the majority of our stores are dispersed throughout our house, in closets, roof rafters and crawl spaces.

However, the long term plan for our BOIP is to dig under the foundation wall, from under our home, directly next to our patio. We'll dig under the patio, using screw jacks to support the patio (roof) until we have excavated the entire patio area. We will then run cinder block, floor to ceiling, all around the perimeter, using the screw jacks places at every 6 feet to add additional support. This will be for storage and as a retreat, if necessary.

We hope to eventually buy a piece of land "out in the great beyond" that we can prepare for a BOL. That project is a few years in the future, unless we win the lottery or inherit it.

I hope to be active on this site, to receive and pass on useful information.

I'm glad to be in the company of like minded individuals where I'll be treated as a valued member (hopefully) instead of being looked at by others as being odd and paranoid.
Bohica2013

Next

Return to Check In Here Nevada Preppers