• Advertisement

sparks/reno meet ups

Nevada Meetups and Events

Re: sparks/reno meet ups

Postby crusty1 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:27 am

Thanks for setting this up. My wife and I will be attending. It might be a good idea to post directions to the meeting. I'm coming from Douglas County.
crusty1

Postby Deadfall » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:36 pm

We had our meeting and it was a great success. We got to meet new Preppers and share some important information and advice on where to purchase necessary items and gardening in this area to get those Victory Gardens producing for you. The Reno library proved to be a great location and our thanks to them. The lecture series on Bug Out Bags and 72-hour kits went well and was well received with handout information to share. I will have the training packets available for those that missed this presentation at the next meeting. We plan on covering Home and Personal Security as our primary topic and Water Management and Storage as an added topic for our next meeting. It would be great to have even more participation and we can easily accommodate all your friends and new Prepper participates. If you are interested in meeting other Preppers, learning some important skills, having an opportunity to ask people who share your interests then plan on coming out in May to meet the Northern Nevada Preppers and participate with people who want to help you become self reliant.
Deadfall
Nevada Preppers Network
Nevada Preppers Network

Postby Deadfall » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:35 pm

The Northern Nevada Preppers Group will meet on June 16th, Saturday from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM at the Northwest Reno Library, 2325 Robb Drive, Reno in the small conference room.

We will be conducting a lecture series on Home and Personal Security as our primary topic and Water Management and Storage as an added topic for our next meeting.

We have some new participates emailing in and we’ll have a chance to meet them and welcome them to the meeting. If you are interested in meeting other Preppers, learning some important skills, having an opportunity to ask people who share your interests then plan on coming out on June 16th to meet the Northern Nevada Preppers and participate with people who want to help you become self reliant.
Deadfall
Nevada Preppers Network
Nevada Preppers Network

Postby Deadfall » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:24 pm

The Northern Nevada Preppers Group will have their next meeting on August 11, 2012 at the Northwest Reno Library, 2325 Robb Drive, at 10:00 AM to approximately 12:30 PM.

We will be covering CPR/First Aid at a Wilderness First Aid level. We will also have Part 2 of our Security and Defense series covering Vehicle and Traveling Security.

Please mark your calendars and let your friends and fellow Preppers know about the meeting.
Deadfall
Nevada Preppers Network
Nevada Preppers Network

Postby Deadfall » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:48 pm

Hello Nevada Preppers. At the request of APN an external webpage has been built to facilitate postings from the Northern Nevada Preppers group on the APN site and to help others find it when doing internet searches. This will allow people to see the meeting schedules more conveniently. Please spread the word and sign up via the site so we can keep a tally of who will be attending. I need to make sure I reserve the correct size rooms. Thanks all.

http://www.meetup.com/Northern-Nevada-Preppers-Group/
Deadfall
Nevada Preppers Network
Nevada Preppers Network

Postby Skypreper » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:30 pm

Hi, I am new to the prepers things,so I would like to say hi.
Skypreper

Postby Skypreper » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:32 pm

I also would like to get to know some of you, in regards to prepping meetings I am down with that, so let's talk.
Skypreper

Postby Skypreper » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:57 pm

Hi, I am new as well to the preping community, and wish to join a group of serious survives. I need to learn alot, and get in shape, but I can do it with the right help if that is this group then great if not I got to keep going. I thought about doing the survival thing by myself, but I know I need help. Thanks I would like to hear your values, and what you stand for. God Bless you! Wish you the best.
Skypreper

Postby RoadPirate » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:47 pm

I get the impression that the idea of a meetup is great...but that people who actually do prepare, are, well, hesitant to left others know that they do. I find that this is instinctive, at least it is for me. Why let a bunch of people you don't know, become aware that you are prepping, and tell all the specific things you are doing/stocking/buying. Should there be a crisis in the weather, global problem or just a local situation, it may not be a good idea to "tell all". That is why the internet is more private and less revealing, which is why I think the meetup ideas have not appeared to catch on.
Now, the free exchange of ideas/suggestions/links and such would be great.
Having people chime in on what they might carry in their BOB's or how to take advantage of case lot sales can take new preppers down a road specific to where they live and the problems that they might face. With two major Cities in this State we tend to divide ourselves to North and South. This is not only a bad idea but in a State wide event can be dangerously divisive.
For all of those who remember a silly show called "The Red Green Show", he ended each show with this statement. "Remember, keep your stick on the ice. We're all in this together" I think that goes for us.
RoadPirate

Previous

Return to Nevada Meetups