• Advertisement

New Hampshire Preppers Roll Call 11/26

Please introduce yourself here.

New Hampshire Preppers Roll Call 11/26

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:06 am

New Hampshire Preppers, Check in and let us know what you've been doing lately to prep.
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: New Hampshire Preppers Roll Call 11/26

Postby roadrash » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:22 am

The Board continues to be quiet but prepping of course has not...

Recently broke out the Scanner again to keep the config up to date. During our last major disruption (wind storm last year that took out power for 5 days) one of the key things we were missing during that time was information. We now run a GRECOM PSR-600 digital trunking scanner and have programmed it with every service organization we could find... Local, State, Fed Police, Fire and EMS, regional airports, Utilities, Hostpitals. With net available software and access to the frequency database, its pretty easy to program. Previously had an ICOM handheld which I sold due to the impossible nature of its interface. Although not cheap, i would highly recommend the GRECOM.
Whatever you do, Big or Small, do something today to better prepare yourself, your family or your friends, but do SOMETHING.
roadrash

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:32 am

Glad to see you check in, I'm sure there are more New Hamphsire Preppers. Be sure to keep checking back so you don't miss them when they do check in.
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby FlyingDan » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:31 am

Hi, i'm new to prepping and new to this site. I'm starting a garden this spring and looking to get into canning for long term food storage. Anyone have any tips for someone getting started in our region would be appreciated! I live in the lower part of the state at about 300 ft of elevation. I have 3 acres but plan on starting small.
FlyingDan

Postby roadrash » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:10 am

Welcome aboard, We too are in the Southern part of the state. As far as starting a garden, my only recommendation is to start early, inside. We started last year with one of those wire racks (from Lowes) and a few sets of grow lights to get the tomato's and other vegitables a head start.
Whatever you do, Big or Small, do something today to better prepare yourself, your family or your friends, but do SOMETHING.
roadrash

Postby Jazzn » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:02 pm

Hello from the Sunapee area!
Always had the "prepper gene", its just resurfacing lately with all the lousy news. We're trying to slowly take back some overgrown wooded patch here and make it into a somewhat useable homestead at the moment... without a large amount of time and money, mother nature is tough to tame...but we made some progress. Gardens are a challenge with our seasons and having hills and trees tinkering wth the full sunlight doesn't help. Hoping to get some chickens come spring. Aside from that, we're trying to improve on the short term preparedness we have in place. A week or two is easy, it's the months/years that really require a major mindset change.
Happy new year to all of you.
Jazzn

Return to Check In Here New Hampshire Preppers