• Advertisement

New Mexico Preppers Roll Call 11/26

Please introduce yourself here

New Mexico Preppers Roll Call 11/26

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:04 am

New Mexico Preppers, Check in and let us know what you've been doing lately to prep.
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: New Mexico Preppers Roll Call 11/26

Postby Humble Wife » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:51 pm

Tom,

I have been quite absent from the prepping world because of nothing other than complete despair. What should one say anymore? How to motivate the complacent. I do not feel I am done writing, which is why I have not asked to be removed, but have nothing to be upbeat about. $$ is low, health for spouse is low, and I am trying to be upbeat about my son in a pissy hole in the world that our government seems to be against. We cower to the world, how on earth can that be good for our soldiers. Sigh, I am not the best upbeatest person at this moment, and can only fake enough on the blog because my son reads it when he can. Forgive me, and I pray you will let me stay on as I know someday I will have more to say.

Hoping you and yours had a Happy Thanksgiving
Jennifer G

ps I really am not so cynical, it is just hard to pretend all the time that everything is perfect.
Humble Wife

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:03 pm

Times are hard for many of us so I do understand. You are in my prayers.
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Dunappy » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:33 pm

Well I've been pretty busy. Got two year supply of wood for wood stove stocked up, Got all my garden vegetables either canned or frozen and currently planning my garden for next year.
Dunappy

Postby sacramentoslim » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:13 pm

Our preps are going slowly--but I am thankful that we have made some progress. Last year we bought a couple of acres in the mountains and are in the planning stages for some type of structure. Finances are the biggest obstacle to reaching the goal, but we will overcome this with tenacity and the grace of God. Eventually we will be in pretty good shape with the abundant wood for heating and a shared well. High altitude gardening should be a challenge, but looking forward to trying. We just bought a Berkey water filter--step by step we're moving in the direction of preparedness.

Jennifer G: I've been reading your posts for some time--thanks. I do understand your frustration. Sending prayers your way...
sacramentoslim

Postby mountaincat94 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:46 pm

hello, just registered here. i am in the farmington new mexico area.
mountaincat94

Postby itsadisaster » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:46 pm

Greetings neighbor (I'm in 'zona) and welcome mountaincat94..! Make yourself comfy here and on main forum too .. and don't hesitate to ask if you have any trouble finding something or have questions. :) itsa
Be Aware... Be Prepared... and Have a Plan! Download a free mini ebook portion of IT'S A DISASTER! ...and what are YOU gonna do about it?
itsadisaster
Arizona State Moderator
Arizona State Moderator

Postby Elle » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:52 pm

Hello,
I am a PhD Candidate from New Mexico. I am working on my dissertation at Northcentral University. For my dissertation I, as a prepper myself, am working on identifying preppers as a non-violent group of ordinary citizens who have evolved from the survivalist movement. We are just normal people with normal lives preparing our families for emergencies. If you are willing to speak with me, in person, about being a prepper and live in NM, contact me via my email account at:

NCUdissertation@hotmail.com

If you agree to particpate, your identity will be protected.

Thanks

"Elle"
Thanks,
Lee'Ann
Elle

Return to Check In Here New Mexico Preppers