• Advertisement

Please Help by posting forum errors here.

Section for the Hawaii Preppers Network (sub-forums are unlocked)

Re: Please Help by posting forum errors here.

Postby watcher » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:26 pm

Follow up - seems to happen when I click on "Board index" also.
Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. The former are idealists acting from highest motives for the greatest good of the greatest number. The latter are surly curmudgeons, suspicious and lacking in altruism. But they are more comfortable neighbors than the other sort.
watcher
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby farmer_dude48 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:38 am

When I log in I get a warning from AVG and I get something saying that the APN wants to use my computing power also when I go to the board index the font size is very large.. I hope this helps
" Doing what I can with what I got " Mr. Burt Gummer
farmer_dude48
Indiana Preppers Network
Indiana Preppers Network

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:40 pm

Those issues should be resolved now. Let me know if there are any more
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby woodchipper518 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:30 pm

I have never had a reason to report anything. Site runs nicely for me.

However, I sent to PMs this morning 1/2/18 and neither show up in my Sent nor Outbox folders. So I have not idea where or if they were sent.
One was to you North Idaho Patriot - requesting to join the Ham Operators Group
Second was to ReadyMom - a general question about adding a user group.
Is today really SHTF day? Good thing I quit drinking and smoking yesterday. Keep Calm and Reload.
Kilo Golf Five Quebec Papa Romeo (KG5QPR)
woodchipper518
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Location: North Texas - Denton County / Collin County line / 380 corridor

Postby ReadyMom » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:08 pm

woodchipper518 wrote:I have never had a reason to report anything. Site runs nicely for me.

However, I sent to PMs this morning 1/2/18 and neither show up in my Sent nor Outbox folders. So I have not idea where or if they were sent.
One was to you North Idaho Patriot - requesting to join the Ham Operators Group
Second was to ReadyMom - a general question about adding a user group.

I didn't get a message. Just checked. Not sure what happened to your messages :( .
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby woodchipper518 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:45 pm

PMs sent are stuck in the OutBox. Several PMs have been sitting there for days. Not sure what I need to do to kick them on to the designated person.
Is today really SHTF day? Good thing I quit drinking and smoking yesterday. Keep Calm and Reload.
Kilo Golf Five Quebec Papa Romeo (KG5QPR)
woodchipper518
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Location: North Texas - Denton County / Collin County line / 380 corridor

Postby IceFire » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:58 pm

Sounds like the workflow that routes the Ps is stalled or "broken". That, or the repository that holds them is full, or has run out of data points. ight need to check with the hosting service as to the problem. (Sorry...SharePoint developer/administrator here. I deal with this stuff all the time at work)
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Straydog » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:04 am

IceFire wrote:Sounds like the workflow that routes the Ps is stalled or "broken". That, or the repository that holds them is full, or has run out of data points. ight need to check with the hosting service as to the problem. (Sorry...SharePoint developer/administrator here. I deal with this stuff all the time at work)

What on earth does "Share Point" have to do with PM's on this board? Unless multiple pm's are being sent in quantity standard forum settings will handle this. I know I have said before that this software is out of date in a massive way so maybe that has something to do with it.
Straydog
New York Preppers Network

Postby IceFire » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:32 am

Straydog wrote:
IceFire wrote:Sounds like the workflow that routes the Ps is stalled or "broken". That, or the repository that holds them is full, or has run out of data points. ight need to check with the hosting service as to the problem. (Sorry...SharePoint developer/administrator here. I deal with this stuff all the time at work)

What on earth does "Share Point" have to do with PM's on this board? Unless multiple pm's are being sent in quantity standard forum settings will handle this. I know I have said before that this software is out of date in a massive way so maybe that has something to do with it.

SharePoint is the "platform" that many of these forums are built on. Even if this one is not built on a SP platform, the basic principles are the same. Part of it depends on how many data points are allocated to this forum, as well as how many gigabytes are allocated to this forum by the server. Exceed those numbers, and messages get "hung up" in routing, you get log-in issues, and slow response times.
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Straydog » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:16 am

IceFire wrote:
Straydog wrote:

SharePoint is the "platform" that many of these forums are built on. Even if this one is not built on a SP platform, the basic principles are the same. Part of it depends on how many data points are allocated to this forum, as well as how many gigabytes are allocated to this forum by the server. Exceed those numbers, and messages get "hung up" in routing, you get log-in issues, and slow response times.

Thanks for the clarification IceFire, that make sense. :)
Straydog

Postby IceFire » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:48 pm

Like I said...I deal with this kind of stuff at work ALL the time!
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Hawaii Preppers Network Forum