• Advertisement

Where is everyone?

Post general NM discussions here

Where is everyone?

Postby ABQPrepper » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:37 pm

It seems like there is no one really active on the NM section of this board. Is that really the case or are most just watching and not really wanting to post? Seems like NM needs a network just as much as anywhere else so I have to ask: where is everyone?
ABQPrepper

Re: Where is everyone?

Postby miken40 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:10 am

morning,,,,just saw your post,,,,i know im new but you would think lots of people would be posting and or trying to connect for communciations or maybe informal meetings,,,,im in rio rancho.
give me a shout
miken40

Postby Susan D » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:51 pm

I'm here, and in Corrales.
Looks like there's not many of us
Susan D

Postby peekachoo » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:20 pm

Seems like NM needs a network just as much as anywhere else so I have to ask: where is everyone?

We went to Colorado!
peekachoo
Colorado Preppers Network
Colorado Preppers Network

Postby nightshiftprepper » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:04 am

I'm up in Farmington, like the others have said there's not a ton of us on here it looks like but we should try to throw together a meetup or something with the few people we do have, or people in the four corners area? If anyones still on here and wants to network let me know :)
nightshiftprepper

Postby ABQPrepper » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:36 pm

Hello Nighshift! Nice to finally hear from someone else out there. Hope all is well up in Farmington and I agree, we need to set up a meeting or a network at the very least. Hit me back and we can chat more. I'm still active here in ABQ but there's not a lot of other activity it seems.
ABQPrepper

Postby ABQPrepper » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:47 pm

Also, to everyone else that posted here, how many of you are still here and active?
ABQPrepper

Postby jimLE » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:49 pm

i've been busy with emails,other sites,diff types shopping,paying bills,to visiting my mom in the hospital,time to time.seeing how she's in a hospital,thats a 3 hour drive each way..and of course the unexpected expenses as well..so i limit my self to what sites n all,that i go into..
jimLE

Postby ABQPrepper » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:59 pm

Are you here in NM?
ABQPrepper

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:06 am

Everyone seems to be dispersed among the countless other social media sites, like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Blogger, Reddit, Snapchat, Etc... Most young people don't seem to be interested in PHPBB forums anymore. The type of format we have here is not very conducive to the modern busy lifestyle of checking a smartphone real quick while in a checkout isle for example. I've debated on whether or not to keep this forum as-is or somehow transferring the database to a mobile friendly forum that can be logged in either by password or Facebook plugin on a smartphone. That would be a lot of work, cost a bunch of money, and require a lot of time to do it.
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby angie_nrs » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:09 pm

North Idaho Patriot wrote:Everyone seems to be dispersed among the countless other social media sites, like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Blogger, Reddit, Snapchat, Etc... Most young people don't seem to be interested in PHPBB forums anymore. The type of format we have here is not very conducive to the modern busy lifestyle of checking a smartphone real quick while in a checkout isle for example. I've debated on whether or not to keep this forum as-is or somehow transferring the database to a mobile friendly forum that can be logged in either by password or Facebook plugin on a smartphone. That would be a lot of work, cost a bunch of money, and require a lot of time to do it.

i, for one, hope you don't change it. I don't have a smartphone and have no desire to get one. Nor do I do Facebook or similar type social media. I like the ease and anonymity of a forum such as this. So, unless a person could still access the site via computer device, (without FB)....I would be out. :( However, I would understand the need to change......I just wouldn't be part of it.

Yes, it is quiet now. I've noticed in the past that that is the trend in the summer and busy harvesting season. Traffic will pick up in a month or two when the growing season has come to an end.
angie_nrs

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:17 am

IF I keep the forum as-is, it'll eventually die out as we all grow older.
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to New Mexico Discussion, News and Weather