• Advertisement

Vermont Preppers Roll Call 11/26

Please introduce yourself here

Vermont Preppers Roll Call 11/26

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:46 pm

Vermont Preppers, Check in and let us know what you've been doing lately to prep.
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Vermont Preppers Roll Call 11/26

Postby JonathanAllen » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:32 am

Good Morning All,

I hope that you all had a Happy Thanksgiving. Its nice to hold the roll-call from time to time. We are busy on finishing up the few outside items left before the upcoming Winter starts in earnest. This past Saturday there were lots of folks crawling on Rt 9 due to ice on the roads from a small flurry that coated the roads and fields! I guess that they didn't have their Winter tires on yet.

Rgds to all!
Jonathan 'Jay' Allen
JonathanAllen

Postby VT Prepper » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:29 pm

Here! There does not seem to be too many of us. I too need to check in more often.
VT Prepper

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:42 pm

Thanks for checking in VT Prepper. I know there's others out there, check in as often as possible so you don't miss anyone.
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby foliage-leaves » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:24 pm

Just checking in. Its true that there is not alot of vermont preppers posting. Been working on the BOB's and doing alot of research on different things and getting oraganized to start our food/water storage. Thanks for this sight.
foliage-leaves

Postby PreppinMama » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:48 pm

Settling in for a LONG cold spell the next few days. Keep warm everyone!
PreppinMama
Vermont Preppers Network
Vermont Preppers Network

Postby NFA » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:51 pm

Hi,

I'm closer to most of Vermont than I am to most of NY, so I checked in here...it'd be cool to get involved in some VT APN events...

Jamie - nfa
NFA
New York Preppers Network
New York Preppers Network

Postby Verdrabbit » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:23 am

Hi - Prepping wholeheartedly for two years. Great to know there are 'some' preppers local, most family and community seem to have heads buried in the ground . . . DH and I are central VT on the NH side. :)
Verdrabbit

Postby jcjacob_vt » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:25 pm

Hi- sad to say that I have been preparing for over 20 years now and still trying to wake up people. Have moved a little further into the country and have a wife that stays very active in the garden and canning after she has retired from her fulltime military job after 26 years Army. There are a lot of people that are preparing that do not advertize it. Others that do not have a clue that they need to. I have enough knowledge to get me in trouble, and hopefully get me out of trouble. In winter it is important to travel with survival gear in your vehicles, including clothing, blankets, food, breakdown gear, etc. Moto: "Better to have and not need, then need and not have."
jcjacob_vt

Postby catfeet » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:30 am

Hi, Just found this board today. I'm a big canner/gardner/prepper and we're going bigger in this with the move to a new house that has cold storage in the basement. We've also now got 3x the garden space and are contemplating chickens.

Ann, in NW VT (recently relocated from SE VT)
catfeet
Vermont Preppers Network
Vermont Preppers Network

Postby grnmtboy » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:21 pm

I am new to the site but not new to Vermont.My family go's back to 1745.I have to kinda shake my head in disbelief what has happened to my beloved state as time go's on.I grew up on a farm where we were pretty much self relient and took care of our own.We logged,put wood up and canned and we have a root celler.People were pretty independant and self relient in those days.Now we got a state where more then half the population thinks the state should take care of them,and the state makes them believe it also.Where is the pride.I'm an old man now but I have not forgot the old ways,I always stock up,grow my own food,and still can for the winter.My advice is to teach the younger generation how to take care of themselves and stop dependeing on others to do it for them.Get out doors teach them about nature and how to respect it.I don't hunt any more because it is to hard now to get around,already broke one hip.I was talking to a young lad the other day asked if he was ready to catch him some brook trout. He is 12 years old says he never been fishing .Can you imagine that 12 years old lives in VT and never caught a trout.I at least can still fish.Well anyways I think the way things are going that people better start putting by,because I think whats coming is going to be worse then the depression . Good luck to all of you who are a startin to see the forest through the trees.
grnmtboy

Postby theoutback » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:50 am

Very well said grnmtboy. I don't recognize the state anymore! I get a kick out of the illegals working on farms in this state because they are jobs Vermonters(Americans)won't do! What's wrong w/ this picture people! We've got thousands of people in this state sucking up unimployment checks and sitting on their lazy backsides!!! More writing on the wall as to why we should all prep. This mindset is not sustainable!
theoutback

Return to Check In Here Vermont Preppers