• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

Ammo

Post general ND topics here

Re: Ammo

Postby Thresher nd » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:13 pm

I reload pistol and find it to be cheaper than shelf ammo. However, I don't take my own time into consideration because it's time we'll spent. And as mentioned above its a great skill to have as well! Now as far as buying off the shelf I must put in a plug for home of economy. Here in forks they absolutely smoke the big name stores. Granted they don't have the variety of the big names but when they have the same product it's big time cheaper!

One thing worth keeping in mind is inflation and or scare pricing. Having the reloading components/factory ammo on my shelf today is better than having it on the store shelf a year from now. Hell make that 3 to 6 months from now!

I don't know all the HOE locations in ND but if you have one check them out.
Thresher nd

Postby 11C1P » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:43 am

Wal-mart got in at least 3 of the 250 round boxes of Rem FMJ .40 cal on Tues. This morning when I went to get some there was only 1 box left. Price also went up $5 box from what it was just a month ago.
11C1P
North Dakota Preppers Network

Postby chacto » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:15 pm

Reloading is a fun hobby and can save you money...but in order to recap the initial investment you need to reload alot of rounds
this ammo scare thing has happened plenty of times before....in fact the first time Obama was elected...for awhile
nothing was around then it started hitting the shelf s and the gougers lowered there prices...soon the stores were lowering there
prices...in fact in October of 2012 scheels had a heavy barrel dpms ar for 699.00 it didn't sell for almost a month.
chacto

Postby 11C1P » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:07 pm

While it's hit & miss on a lot of ammo still, it's getting a bit better at wally world. Some of the recent stuff i've found is, In 40 cal; 100 rounds of Federal 180gr FMJ for $32.37, 100 rounds of REM 180gr JHP for $45.67, 100 rounds of Winchester white box 165gr FMJ for $37.57, 50 rounds of Winchester "personal protection" 180gr JHP for $20.97

Then in .223 they had Federal 55gr FMJ 100 round boxes for $40.97. The major find though was .22LR in bulk packs! Federal 36gr copper plated HP 550 round boxes for $23.97. Just seeing .22LR in the wild again was awesome! :ilove:
11C1P

Previous

Return to North Dakota Discussion, News and Weather