• Advertisement

South Dakota Preppers Roll Call 1/15/2012

Please introduce yourself here

Re: South Dakota Preppers Roll Call 1/15/2012

Postby Steelbender87 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:21 pm

Hello and welcome from the West side of the state.
Steelbender87

Postby B Jones » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:28 pm

Hello, welcome Pearl gray warrior, we have a few like minded folks here.
B Jones

Postby The Model Prepper » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:23 am

North East SD checking in. I have been a student of Prepping and am now transitioning into teaching Prepping. Will be starting a new YouTube channel in the next week or so and posting some of my thoughts and theories on Prepping there.

Look forward to interacting with fellow Preppers that can appreciate the fact that the winters here make Bugging Out a little less practical.
The Model Prepper

Postby B Jones » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:11 pm

That sounds great, keep us posted. We can check it out between episodes of shoveling snow and scrapping windshields.
B Jones

Postby justplainme » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:41 pm

Hello to all SD preppers. I just found this forum. I'm in SE SD in a small town. Living in town I am limited to what I can do. My age limits me too. I am a 68 yo grandma whose spouse is not at all cooperative. About all I have been able to do is food storage. We do have a big garden and I can, dehydrate and freeze what I am able to. There are many things I do not have the skills to do. Sure wish I had known about the sustainability day in Bushnell. I would have been there. I do not know any other preppers in my area. Looking forward to reading all your posts.
justplainme
South Dakota Preppers Network
South Dakota Preppers Network

Postby bstoff » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:42 am

Hi Everyone. I just moved here a few months ago and would like to establish communications with people in the Black Hills area. I was a moderate prepper in the state I moved from, but was only able to move a few of my supplies with me, so I need to build up again.
bstoff

Postby curhoundhunter » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:41 am

for as large as sd is there are not very many preppers here and i've only seen one from the black hills everyone seems to be in the eastern part of the state
curhoundhunter

Postby nonameinSD » Tue May 28, 2013 10:59 am

Just signed up--enjoying life in the Black Hills
nonameinSD

Postby andrewtproctor » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:17 pm

curhoundhunter wrote:for as large as sd is there are not very many preppers here and i've only seen one from the black hills everyone seems to be in the eastern part of the state

There are preppers tons of them, they just don't know it. Much of SD if farming and ranching or the people have families that still do, hunting, fishing, raising cattle, horses, canning. they do it all just talk to'em.
andrewtproctor

Postby buyu10 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:32 pm

Prepper family in SE SD. Just moved from the city to an acreage about 30 minutes south of Sioux Falls last fall and are anxiously waiting to break ground on a large garden and to plant a small orchard this spring. Have been prepping for a couple years now and have made significant progress in accumulating necessary supplies. Have over 1000 canning jars and reusable lids for expected harvest. Want to add a well to the property but was shocked at the $20k cost. May try to do my own shallow well and see how that works. Any expertise on that out there?

Hoping to befriend our neighbors and see where they stand on preparedness. Would like to convince them to prep and enter into a mutual aid agreement. Our group has a 1 year supply of food and really look to avoid the neighbors being a potential threat to our supply. Our group has 9 adults and 3 children and one on the way. Really not interested in expanding our group unless it was a veteran or law enforcement type or someone who is well prepped and can bring skill sets to the benefit of the group.

Concerned that we don't have much time. I hope I'm wrong.
buyu10

Postby turbo » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:38 am

Se sd resident also. we are more NW of sioux falls. i have build a well that does work in case of emergencies. i do have to purify it but its better than nothing when the time comes. i have been prepping for a few years and do believe the poo poo will hit the fan eventually. i try to keep what i have a secret. family and friends are welcome. i have livestock also which worries me. would be nice to meet other preppers in our area to get new perspectives on things. how deep into the rabbit hole do i have to go to make sure my family is safe
turbo

Postby turbo » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:07 am

Another SE SD member checking in. Looking to meet close preppers i dont have to drive 50 miles to compare tactics with
turbo

Postby Vcole4 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:00 am

Anyone near say Aberdeen?
Vcole4

Previous

Return to Check In Here South Dakota Preppers