• Advertisement

any body

Post General South Dakota Discussions Here

Re: any body

Postby justplainme » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:10 pm

I'm in SE SD and just joined the forum. Continuing with the discussion: In my small town I can count on one hand the number of gardens that I have seen. The younger people, even the farmers, work in town and pick up groceries on their way home every day. One farmer I know just filled in an old root cellar. I almost cried when he told me. I have land in the country, but no house or buildings on it, no trees, no water. We are too old to start over out there. Our stupid town won't even let us have chickens in our backyard. I would love to attend any meet up in the region. It would be great to meet other preppers.
justplainme
South Dakota Preppers Network

Postby B Jones » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:25 pm

Hello, I know what you mean about the root cellar. I have seen a lot of farmers clearing out the old farmsteads and tree lines too. It bothers me to see that. If it stays dry, they will wish they hadnt done that, all their topsoil will be in the next county. Didnt we learn anything from the Great Depression?
I would like to have some meetups too.
B Jones

Postby el-de » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:50 pm

I've just started real prepping recently. My kids are thinking I'm going thru a midlife crisis! :D
el-de

Postby Steelbender87 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:39 am

my family started prepping not to long ago but i can tell you a root celler is in the plan for the future as well as a big garden. We also know some one who is very big into canning and is going to show us how.
Steelbender87

Postby Drscholl1 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:11 am

SoDakotaGrandma I love the idea of the sustainability fair. I sent you a PM with my personal email, so if there is anything I can do to help please let me know. I am a beginner to prepping (2 years), but I was raised in a large family with a small income on a farm. I believe this gives me the confidence to get through any hard times, short or long term. I agree with steelbender that most mid-westerners this way.
Drscholl1

Postby IceFire » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:28 pm

Welcome from southern Arizona!
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby andrewtproctor » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:28 pm

SD-Madison area Booom finally some SoDaks.
andrewtproctor

Postby pjbader » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:19 pm

Just signed up and starting to prep in Central SD
pjbader

Previous

Return to South Dakota Discussion, News and Weather