• Advertisement

meat and greet in rapid city area

South Dakota Meetups and Events

Re: meat and greet in rapid city area

Postby SoDakotaGrandma » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:54 pm

cavscout70 wrote:well i posted this awhile back but as of yet no one has offered to meet up anywhere. I am willing to meet up. if nothing else meet me at the april gun show in rapid city as i will be selling knives again... name of my booth is hwy30tradingpost.. look for the cold steel stuff.. i dont really carry the crap stuff. name is lon.

Lon, hope you have great success at getting our West River Preppers together for some skill sharing. Last yr I hosted the first S.Dakota Sustainability Fair in September, to help bring Homesteaders & others together with interest in Self Reliance. I think our conservative S. Dakota nature makes many want to keep from labeling themselves as "preppers" but they will say they are Homesteaders or "self sufficiency" people. Whatever the label I think we all share some common ground. Its that common ground that will help us get more people prepared for any event that may happen.

I think Sandy helps us greatly in getting the message out for the importance of preparedness. It doesn't sound "wacky" at the moment to prepare one's family for disasters. So lets USE this for our PR efforts! Just a suggestion from an East River grandma :blush:
SoDakotaGrandma

Postby SoDakotaGrandma » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:32 pm

B Jones wrote:Hello bstoff, I am from Eastern SD, welcome to our busy forum! Hey cavscout70 I had to lookup FFL, apperently I am a greenhorn on that subject. Ha.

East river Huh, B Jones. I've been wondering about who else might be east river. I'm on the far East River... Brookings county to be more exact.
SoDakotaGrandma

Postby ssevans » Fri May 08, 2015 1:54 pm

Hi. I am new to the group. I live in Rapid City. Would like to meet with other preppers in my vicinity. I work evening shifts, so most mornings would be good.
ssevans

Previous

Return to South Dakota Meetups