• Advertisement

Anchorage ANTS

Alaska A.N.T.S. Members. Form your colonies and plan your supply chains here.

Moderator: founderant

Anchorage ANTS

Postby cyberdoo78 » Mon May 22, 2017 7:26 am

Just dropping a line that I'm in the process of putting together a local colony here in Anchorage, Alaska. If you are interested, please feel free to check out http://www.anchorageants.org where you'll find a contact form. I'm working to build a local article base for our local colony. The site is open to other colony members who have knowledge that they think is relevant and useful to our local colony.

I'm shooting to have a Tuesday evening once a month to get locals together to network together, come up with some ideas, perhaps some training or classes, and other things of that nature.

I'm open to ideas and suggestions to make things better and more useful.
cyberdoo78
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Re: Anchorage ANTS

Postby Permafrost » Mon May 22, 2017 11:34 am

Best of luck to you, I know others have tried to put groups and ants colonies together in the Anchorage/Mat-Su area but they eventually fizzled out. I'm to far north to be of much help and I'm not in town that much, but I wish you the best of luck. If you do decide to do training or classes please post them in the Alaska section, you never know someone might see it & show up. You might try partnering with the Cooperative Extension or Red Cross for some classes, it could draw in like minded people who do not know that they are preppers.
Permafrost
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Postby cyberdoo78 » Mon May 22, 2017 1:39 pm

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll try the tips you suggest to continue to expand the group. I'm going to continue to write articles as well to try to engage people and keep them interested.
cyberdoo78
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Postby Permafrost » Mon May 22, 2017 1:55 pm

Luckily it is not that hard to get people interested in preparedness in Alaska, our way of life kind of demands it because of our limited infrastructure and weather. I have found that there are lots of people who are preppers here, but they do not call themselves preppers. Just about any master gardener class or food preservation class is about half full of people who would be considered preppers other places, but here it is just life. Places like The Folk School in Fairbanks offer a full line of prepper related classes (from apple tree grafting to blacksmithing to woodworking) but they seem to shy away from the "prepper" label, and their classes are always full. The challenge you will face is getting people to get over the "prepper" label, the rest kind of sells itself up here. Hopefully it goes well for you, and the Alaska forum needs some new content as well.
Permafrost
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Return to Alaska A.N.T.S.