Page 1 of 1

New Massachusetts A.N.T.S - Check In Here First

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:14 pm
by founderant
Hello, my name is Founderant and I would like to welcome you to the Massachusetts A.N.T.S forum.

This forum was created so that Massachusetts ants could talk about local issues and preparations.

Massachusetts colonies also use this forum to communicate with their members. You do not have to be a member of a colony, but it is a great way to meet and share knowledge face to face.

We do not have any Massachusetts colonies at this time, so think about forming one. You only need a name and two members.

If you do form a colony, let us know by posted the name of it here.

Re: New Massachusetts A.N.T.S - Check In Here First

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 pm
by bbymasterson
what do A.N.T.S. do? do the two members need to be in the same town?

Re: New Massachusetts A.N.T.S - Check In Here First

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:44 pm
by founderant
bbymasterson wrote:what do A.N.T.S. do? do the two members need to be in the same town?


No they do not need to be in the same town or state.

Americans Networking To Survive is simply a network of neighbors helping neighbors. Just as you would help your neighbor, we help our members in the cities, towns and states around us.

We are made up of preppers called (ants) who work together to provide other ants basic supplies when needed. This is done by relaying supply pods, which are just five gallon buckets filled with supplies, to any member that needs them.

http://www.americansnetworkingtosurvive.org/FAQ.html

Re: New Massachusetts A.N.T.S - Check In Here First

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:24 pm
by tonid
i would love to join this group and be able to help or have help if needed
toni

Re: New Massachusetts A.N.T.S - Check In Here First

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:36 pm
by founderant
tonid wrote:i would love to join this group and be able to help or have help if needed
toni


Would love to have you; go to our membership page and follow the instructions and watch the videos for more information on joining.

http://www.americansnetworkingtosurvive ... rship.html

New Prepper in Massachusetts

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:21 pm
by Brocha
Hey Everyone, I fairly new to prepping and this forum. I've started storing food, growing a garden and some livestock. I'm looking into my water supply, alternative energy, and firearms. I'm also thinking about getting connected to other preppers in south coast Massachusetts for networking or forming a local prepper group.

Re: New Prepper in Massachusetts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:33 am
by Lynda
Brocha wrote:Hey Everyone, I fairly new to prepping and this forum. I've started storing food, growing a garden and some livestock. I'm looking into my water supply, alternative energy, and firearms. I'm also thinking about getting connected to other preppers in south coast Massachusetts for networking or forming a local prepper group.



Welcome from central MA. Check the index for the MA threads, check ins, and forums. There are several people from your area you could touch base with.

Re: New Massachusetts A.N.T.S - Check In Here First

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:45 pm
by Cyclone_Dusk
Didn't think a new thread needed to be created, but I'd like to be part of a colony.

I'm in western MA, Springfield area (actually the north end of Chicopee right up against South Hadley), and hoping to connect with some folks nearby that I can band together with.

I've got a feeling that something really bad is coming up, and the people with the most monetary resources are going to have very good reasons to erase little people like me. When the power goes out, and the water stops running, and the private security firms descend to mop up the resistance, I want to be contributing to a self-sufficient stronghold where we build our own future.

Considering an education in engineering, if I can get one before it happens... that way I can at least be useful in the design, construction, and upkeep of survival countermeasures. Any recommendations pertaining to a specific area of Engineering, or a completely different subject altogether?

Re: New Massachusetts A.N.T.S - Check In Here First

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:03 am
by Lynda
Cyclone_Dusk wrote:Didn't think a new thread needed to be created, but I'd like to be part of a colony.

I'm in western MA, Springfield area (actually the north end of Chicopee right up against South Hadley), and hoping to connect with some folks nearby that I can band together with.

I've got a feeling that something really bad is coming up, and the people with the most monetary resources are going to have very good reasons to erase little people like me. When the power goes out, and the water stops running, and the private security firms descend to mop up the resistance, I want to be contributing to a self-sufficient stronghold where we build our own future.

Considering an education in engineering, if I can get one before it happens... that way I can at least be useful in the design, construction, and upkeep of survival countermeasures. Any recommendations pertaining to a specific area of Engineering, or a completely different subject altogether?



If you look in the Index you'l find an engineering/construction forum I believe. I personally don't know of any colonies that exist in MA that are already established.

Re: New Massachusetts A.N.T.S - Check In Here First

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:57 pm
by Bearded-Prepper
western mass prepper looking to learn and meet people.. im an avid angler and outdoorsman. ive been learning survival techniques my whole life and now finally dont feel like the odd man out!. please introduce yourself to me and stay strong!

Re: New Massachusetts A.N.T.S - Check In Here First

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:34 am
by c4talyst
Greetings all,

I just emailed to get the instructions to join. So I guess I'm a larval (or pupating ant.) However, the map's pretty sparse in my area, so it may be somewhat in vein.

I'd love to learn otherwise about nearby folks with similar interests, whether ants or not. Anybody reading and at all interested, please send me an email (preferred) or a PM.
Thanks for reading,

Larry

Re: New Massachusetts A.N.T.S - Check In Here First

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:29 pm
by founderant
c4talyst wrote:Greetings all,

I just emailed to get the instructions to join. So I guess I'm a larval (or pupating ant.) However, the map's pretty sparse in my area, so it may be somewhat in vein.

I'd love to learn otherwise about nearby folks with similar interests, whether ants or not. Anybody reading and at all interested, please send me an email (preferred) or a PM.
Thanks for reading,

Larry


I had the only icon on the map when I first started A.N.T.S, so hang in there. People are more likely to join if they see an icon in their area

Re: New Massachusetts A.N.T.S - Check In Here First

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:51 am
by c4talyst
Greetings all,

I've just joined in Arlington, MA 02476
I'm on the map as:
MA - Arlington r3actAnt

Please consider joining; I think founderant has done a good job of offering options for a range of OpSec concerns.
Feel free to contact me on this forum.

--Larry/r3actAnt

Re: New Massachusetts A.N.T.S - Check In Here First

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:25 am
by founderant
Thanks for the kind words

First CommAnt in MA, defaulting to Twitter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:14 am
by c4talyst
Greetings all,

I've volunteered to act as the first commAnt in Massachusetts. Right now I'm reachable via Twitter, looking into other ant-approved means. Please note that my Twitter name is spelled differently than my *current* forum name here.

The relevant AntComm entry is: https://sites.google.com/site/commanthill/home/arlington?pli=1
My Twitter info directly: https://twitter.com/cat4lyst_Ma

Feel free to drop me a line (a comm-check, in this context.)

Larry/cat4lyst (desired new nom-de-ANT)

PS If you use the above username, with the email service from a company whose name begins with a "G", you can probably figure out how to email me directly. Please feel free.