• Advertisement

New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Welcome to the forum! Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: ReadyMom, mmpaints

New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:34 pm

Welcome to the American Preppers Network Forum! We hope that you will enjoy our networks. We are here to help. If you have questions, concerns, or ideas, feel free to contact myself, MatthiasJ or any of our moderators by sending a private message or you can post a message on one of the help threads at the bottom of this forum. Don't forget to also support your states home page by going to (yourstate)PreppersNetwork.com or your states forum (yourstate)PreppersNetwork.net

Thank you and welcome aboard!
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Postby kymber » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:38 am

i stand proudly beside North Idaho Patriot when i say that we welcome all of you and are happy to have each and every one of you here. if i sound like i am bragging when i say that we have some of the best and most experienced preppers on the net here - trust me, i'm not bragging...we do have the best! even more importantly - we have people who care and who really live up to the motto "freedom through teaching others self reliance". yer in good hands here folks. and we welcome you all!
kymber

Postby idahobob » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:28 am

I repeat what North Idaho Patriot sez:Welcome!! to all of the new folks.

I do not usually welcome each and every new member, like some of the mods do, I reckon that i am not as chatty as some..... :lol:

I know that each one of you will find your own niche here. We are all at different levels of preparedness and we can all learn from one anther. Not one person knows everything, but we all know something, so......do not be shy about sharing your experiences, strengths and weaknesses.

Encourage others to come and visit our forum (and join), it just blows me away how rapidly we are growing!!

Again, WELCOME!!

Bob
III
How to overthrow the system: brew your own beer; kick in your Tee Vee; kill your own beef; build your own cabin and tinkle off the front porch whenever you bloody well feel like it. -- Edward Abbey
idahobob
Idaho Preppers Network
Idaho Preppers Network

Postby kymber » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:25 pm

Bob...it's leaving that kind of message that makes you my hero. plus you really rock. and you really know yer stuff. and yer just all around awesome.

to all of the new members - Bob's the best! don't be afraid to ask him 'nuthin. if he don't know the answer - he'll find someone that will. oh and don't believe him for a second...he's chatty as oh heck!
kymber

Postby Uvajed » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:20 pm

kymber wrote:i stand proudly beside North Idaho Patriot when i say that we welcome all of you and are happy to have each and every one of you here. if i sound like i am bragging when i say that we have some of the best and most experienced preppers on the net here - trust me, i'm not bragging...we do have the best! even more importantly - we have people who care and who really live up to the motto "freedom through teaching others self reliance". yer in good hands here folks. and we welcome you all!

What's really great about this site, is all levels of preparations are welcome! It doesn't matter if you're hunkered down and ready to roll or just starting out and don't know if you should buy an extra can of beans. Everyone is welcome and everyone helps. We're here because we see what's happening. No one is is slighted because they don't know this or that. Thanks to all of you for your warm welcome!
Uvajed

Postby kymber » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:05 pm

Uvajed - we are very lucky to have found you - and we sooo appreciate your contribution! but you are dead right when you say that we accept all levels of preps and preppers. even the most experienced prepper on this site started off facing the same problems as the person who only decided to start prepping yesterday. we have a broad range of skills and levels of prepping here...and we welcome everyone and we don't care what your level of prepping is - we believe that everyone has something to offer.

i was just thinking about this the other day. i was thinking that about 5 months ago i was worried about trying "to can" food for the first time and i remember what took the fear away. it was my friend SciFiChick letting me know that all that she had ever canned before was tomatoes (which still made me fearful because i hadn't even done that before). then her and i made a pact to become canning buddies, we did an online course together (at our own pace) and by autumn the two of us were canning fools. and she has since become a dehydrating fool and man you should see that woman with a food saver.

but all of this to say....its so awesome to be able to meet up with people who are at your same experience level and prep with a friend. i hope this made sense. i think i may have gone off on a tangent!
kymber

Postby sbsion » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:28 pm

I have no clue as to who has come here from my posts on other forums about this board, I do know that over 100 had viewed my post and invitation on one forum..good luck to you guys, glad to help... stan smith.. btw, I authored a books "Cooking with Dehydrated Food" over 30 years ago..sold tens of thousands...but, outa print now
there are no mysteries, only undiscovered truths, find one today

-----------------------------------------------
Food, water and first aid problems?
http://www.oursurvival2012.blogspot.com
sbsion

Postby kymber » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:59 pm

Stan - are you freakin serious? about the people that have viewed your post? and authoring a book? do you have any copies left lying around?

and did any of us mention how glad we are to have you? i am speaking proudly for the entire APN/CPN when i say : dude - we are sooo glad to have you!

(have you met SciFiChick? she would kill a family member to get her hands on your book...no - i'm dead serious!)
kymber

Postby Uvajed » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:13 pm

kymber wrote:Uvajed - we are very lucky to have found you - and we sooo appreciate your contribution! but you are dead right when you say that we accept all levels of preps and preppers. even the most experienced prepper on this site started off facing the same problems as the person who only decided to start prepping yesterday. we have a broad range of skills and levels of prepping here...and we welcome everyone and we don't care what your level of prepping is - we believe that everyone has something to offer.

i was just thinking about this the other day. i was thinking that about 5 months ago i was worried about trying "to can" food for the first time and i remember what took the fear away. it was my friend SciFiChick letting me know that all that she had ever canned before was tomatoes (which still made me fearful because i hadn't even done that before). then her and i made a pact to become canning buddies, we did an online course together (at our own pace) and by autumn the two of us were canning fools. and she has since become a dehydrating fool and man you should see that woman with a food saver.

but all of this to say....its so awesome to be able to meet up with people who are at your same experience level and prep with a friend. i hope this made sense. i think i may have gone off on a tangent!

About the canning tomatoes thing...... My daughter and I found a really cool dented can place, and we can buy 24 (a case) cans of veggies for $4. I even have sauerkraut, kidney and garbanzo beans..... (no tomatoes) You should see my pantry (root cellar, more specifically, tornado shelter)! But, our worry has been the botulism thing associated with canning tomatoes. Fact or fiction? And as a sidebar, do you know about canning mushrooms? My hubby is a mushroom fiend!
Uvajed

Postby kymber » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:47 pm

all i have ever heard is that you shouldn't eat food from dented cans but i really don't know if that is true or not! i would love to see your tornado shelter - it sounds like it rocks! as for canning mushrooms - i need your recipe - i am a mushroom fiend too!
kymber

Postby Grandma » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:35 pm

Hello from Iowa. I have been a watcher for many years and had a dream that was unshared about becoming self sufficient on my own land so it has not happened yet. I am more concerned than ever that we are on the verge of needing as much survival information as we can accumulate. A forum like this is very helpful for everyone. A great idea that is "on time". - Grandma
Grandma

Postby kymber » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:41 am

Welcome Grandma - we are very happy to have you! and we look forward to your contribution!
kymber

Postby usa2gold » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:11 pm

Hi,I'm from Pa. and have no clue where to start or what to do.I would honor anyone help.

Thanks
usa2gold

Postby kymber » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:20 pm

USA2gold - welcome to our forum! first off - make sure to check into the PA forum at the bottom of the mainpage!

as for starting and what to do - you have already taken the first step by finding this forum. there are lots of threads and topics here that can help you get started. also we have very experienced moderators who can answer any questions that you may have.

again welcome - it might feel a little overwhelming but it is not as hard as it looks. and the members here care and will help you in every way that we can!
kymber

Postby GrandmaRonni » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:23 am

Thank you! My family and I are just getting started and would welcome any suggestions. It can be a little overwhelming.
Thank you for having a website for people to go to. I know how much work keeping a website going takes.

GrandmaRonni!
GrandmaRonni

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself