• Advertisement

New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Welcome to the forum! Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: ReadyMom, mmpaints

Re: New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Postby Clare » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:47 pm

HI there! I've been prepping for a couple years now and looking or like minded people who want to be more self-reliant and independent, but kinda seems that we Minnesnowtains (lol) are a bit shy or something. Anyhow, looking forward to be an active part in this community!
Does anyone know of any prepper rallies or conventions here this year???
Clare

Postby watashie00 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:49 pm

Prepper from Colorado, relocated to Omaha, not new to prepping at all, been at it since I was a Marine Officer in the LA riots.. Looking to associate with local groups. Have service experience (retired), combat time, medical degree. Don't like to argue accomplishments, tactics, or who is smarter/which guns are better etc. Looking for common sense normal people who sense trouble on the horizon. Retired,,, no kids.

Would like to attend a few meetings, get to know folks before committing. Are there groups here in Omaha still functioning?
watashie00

Postby ELFMAN » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:13 am

Just starting out on a long list of people.
:gunshooting:
ELFMAN

Postby snoman523228 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:32 am

Hi! I'm from Virginia and just joined the network this morning and thought I should post. The reason I joined is because I believe the National debt will eventually lead to another depression and I don't believe we have long. I'm concerned and don't really know how to prepare. I feel like my plate is already full as far as time and energy to get things done and now it seems I need to make it even fuller. I realize that I need help if I'm going to take this seriously so here I am!
snoman523228

Postby ThunderJ » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:05 am

hi! got interested in prepping about a year ago and now really feel i should investigate the question more and work for my future in this direction
ThunderJ

Postby Photon Guy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:09 am

I must say, theres been lots of new members who joined APN this year so far. I say that's a good thing, its always good to have more people to learn from and who can learn from us.
Photon Guy

Postby leroyme » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:59 am

Good to meet you all! My name is Matt, and I'm just starting out with prepping. My wife and I are dreaming about buying some property in rural America, building a complete underground shelter, then building a new house on the land. My thought is to have the bunker on the same land, but far enough away as to be inconspicuous if looking for people. My wife has built a stockpile of food and groceries in our current house, I know I need to build up an arsenal of weapons, and get some long-term food rations. I work in the sheet metal fabrication industry, and have been to a shop that makes tornado shelters... I think they may be interested in building underground shelters, but I'm sure other companies already do. I haven't researched anything yet. I'm open to any suggestions or concerns. I love chatting with everyone, and always try to see things from every point of view. Let me know if you all can point me in a good direction to start! :D
leroyme

Postby Csmith1420 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:26 am

CJ Smith checking in and finally reaching out to the awakened. From Philadelphia PA but currently residing in a southern New Jersey shore town. I'm very alone here and unfamiliar with the territory.I would like to find people who are aware of the sad state of affairs this country is in without labeling me a conspiracy theorist. Through my research I am much too aware of the eminent collapse. It's heart breaking how content people are with being blind to the truth.
Staying strong regardless because quiting is never an option.
CJ
Csmith1420

Postby Airborne 1 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:10 pm

leroyme wrote:Good to meet you all! My name is Matt, and I'm just starting out with prepping. My wife and I are dreaming about buying some property in rural America, building a complete underground shelter, then building a new house on the land. My thought is to have the bunker on the same land, but far enough away as to be inconspicuous if looking for people. My wife has built a stockpile of food and groceries in our current house, I know I need to build up an arsenal of weapons, and get some long-term food rations. I work in the sheet metal fabrication industry, and have been to a shop that makes tornado shelters... I think they may be interested in building underground shelters, but I'm sure other companies already do. I haven't researched anything yet. I'm open to any suggestions or concerns. I love chatting with everyone, and always try to see things from every point of view. Let me know if you all can point me in a good direction to start! :D

Here are a couple of links for you Matt.
http://www.atlassurvivalshelters.com/
http://www.risingsbunkers.com/
Or you can look at this list and read several.
https://www.google.com/search?sourceid= ... .11090j0j8
Airborne 1

Postby Dan Carey » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:05 pm

I live in Vernon.
Dan Carey

Postby Valhalla » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:59 pm

I am fairly new to the though of networking with others in preparedness, but I know I will have a tough time doing it alone with myself and my two kids. I have a ranch in the Smokey Mountains of TN, and I raise livestock and have been working on getting my family self sufficient. I also raise Great Pyrenees dogs for home and livestock protection. I am a decent shot, can shoot a bow and throw an ax, and I have taught my kids to do the same, although recently I have really been feeling the motivation to practice more. We butcher much of our own meat. I need to get my food storage in place, as well as get a root cellar and possibly a smoke house built. I really look forward to learning all I can to be prepared. I don't know if there are any in person meetings, but I would like to network with others in my area, if that is a possibility. Also, any other ladies on here? I know I can't be the only one doing this.
Thanks for adding me to the group!
Valhalla

Postby Miss D » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:46 am

HI EVERYONE, new to site but not to being prepared. Husband and I have 3 children, 13, 11, 7 yo. Getting them in the prepping mode also.

All 5 of us shoot on a weekly basis, rain or snow at the local sportsman club.

From Pennsylvania, very rural area. We hunt, fish, garden and can fruits and vegetables.

Want to learn more from all of you.

I'm in the medical field and hubby is in communication tech..

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to join the forum.
Miss D

Postby rebnavy1862 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:59 pm

Welcome from Virginia, Miss D. Sounds like you've got things under control. Good to hear you are raising your kids right.
Reb
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby rickdun » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:16 pm

Welcome from another PA'in. Sounds like you guys have both hands wrapped around the prepping tree.

Good luck.
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby debigreene » Thu May 04, 2017 1:52 pm

Hi;

We are from Tucson AZ and purchased our house in SW Idaho last year. Was involved with a prepping group in Tucson and they had very informative meetings monthly. Looking for a group to join in the Caldwell area.
debigreene

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself