• Advertisement

New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Welcome to the forum! Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: ReadyMom, mmpaints

Re: New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Postby IceFire » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:07 pm

Welcome from the "Baja" area of AZ! Also planning on "bugging in" (barring a wildfire temporarily driving us out, that is) and turning our place into a small, self-sufficient farmstead.
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby ArizonaDave » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:22 pm

Good to hear from you "Baja".
ArizonaDave

Postby calboy147 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:19 am

Hi y'all; Hola a todos..Bi-coastal prepper just recovering from devastating personal SHTF scenario :ouch: and waaaaaay behind the curve for prepping.
calboy147

Postby Susan1959 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:50 pm

Hello All ~ Susie here,

Well, I'm looking at quite a bit of real wet snow, here in S. Oregon.. It started snowing on New Years Day around 3:00 am PST and finally stopped last evening, 1/3/17.

I have been a prepper for a couple years now. Wish I had started stocking my supplies sooner rather than later. I have approx. 4+ months of food/med supplies, plus essential gear, but am working on the water situation. I have been studying and practicing my survival skills, so am confident I can make it IN or OUT... I am responsible for myself and a 35 year old daughter. She just doesn't want to hear anything about real life possible disaster scenarios. She gets a wide-eyed look on her face, covers her ears and tells me "Nooooooo, I don't want to hear about any of that". It's quite frustrating, to tell the truth....

I'm an Herbologist and have been for the past 30+ years. I'm thinking of starting a blog about Herbal Medicine Applications for when the SHTF.
Susan1959

Postby handyman777 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:34 pm

Welcome Susan-That herbal medicine blog sounds interesting.
handyman777
Michigan Preppers Network
Michigan Preppers Network

Postby Mountain mama » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:40 pm

Welcome Susan. My parents are the same way as your daughter. My husband and I don't talk to them about it. They live a few miles away. I have prepped for them too
Mountain mama

Postby master+wulfe+101 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:34 pm

Thanks for the welcome.
This is masterwulfe an I an in the Tacoma area. New to this forum stuff,so bear with me. I am going to find my way around this forum cause it is new to me. Thanks for the spell checker having problems remembering how to spell. VA can't seam to figure it out for me, so I will work at it.
I have been trying to prep for a while now. But is has been on my own an surfing the net. So if any one is in the Tacoma area that can Help me out would be nice.
All so if any one out there that has property out side the big city area. An looking for some help with security. I am available. AN have most of my own stuff. (Radios, food, shelter some what)extras) an so on.
Thanks aagin for the welcome. :) I can also be reached at E-mail address edited out by forum moderator per forum rules. DO NOT post personal contact information on the open forum. Use the PM function.
master+wulfe+101

Postby Grimmy » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:48 pm

Greetings from new york state. Upstate. Ham radio tech...medical knowhow...working on both...just female. And a green thumb...

Great to see you All...without saying too much.

This may be more for networking purposes...I will see...

But one of you in leadership, you are welcome to sus me out.

Grimmy ....I was debating between that and cheshire...Enuff said
Grimmy

Postby Cast Iron » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:55 pm

Grimmy wrote:Greetings from new york state. Upstate. Ham radio tech...medical knowhow...working on both...just female. And a green thumb...

Great to see you All...without saying too much.

This may be more for networking purposes...I will see...

But one of you in leadership, you are welcome to sus me out.

Grimmy ....I was debating between that and cheshire...Enuff said

Welcome from a fellow NY Up Stater.
Cast Iron

Postby Mike Miller » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:45 pm

good afternoon I'm a new member and new to prepping . I'm a Vietnam vet and soon to be divorced from a toxic relationship. currently I'm in Maryland but looking at property in Texas . I have been following things in the society as we know it and feel it is time to make a more sustainable home . something that I can pass on to my daughter (hopefully ) . I have found some places that are affordable but need more info on what I should look for in property in preps and in building a long term survival place .
Mike Miller

Postby Cast Iron » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:53 pm

Mike Miller wrote:good afternoon I'm a new member and new to prepping . I'm a Vietnam vet and soon to be divorced from a toxic relationship. currently I'm in Maryland but looking at property in Texas . I have been following things in the society as we know it and feel it is time to make a more sustainable home . something that I can pass on to my daughter (hopefully ) . I have found some places that are affordable but need more info on what I should look for in property in preps and in building a long term survival place .

Welcome Mike.

Look around, ask questions. I am sure some of the Texas folks can give some good pointers.
Cast Iron

Postby LESismoresocial » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:38 am

Long Island, NY here. Hello to all and happy to be a part of the community :)
LESismoresocial

Postby bsemler86 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:19 pm

Hi everybody just moved to East Tennessee from Ohio and starting getting into prepping and I want learn to how survival off the land and I want learn the basics of everything to get started any suggestions would help
bsemler86

Postby Eaglehrt » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:26 am

Seems very quiet here in Oklahoma, did they move their medium of correspondence...maybe facebook or something ?
Eaglehrt
Oklahoma State Moderator
Oklahoma State Moderator

Postby Matte » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:52 am

Hi, again. Had an account but got pruned last year, DM_Case rejoining.
Matte

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself