• Advertisement

New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Welcome to the forum! Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: ReadyMom, mmpaints

Re: New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Postby IceFire » Thu May 04, 2017 8:27 pm

Welcome from SE of where you USED to be! Can't say about Idaho...I'm still in AZ, and NO plans to leave.
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby dan1238 » Sat May 06, 2017 5:10 pm

Hey not new but long time absent. lookin to locate a group to meetup with in the calhoun county fl. area.I am in with pmag1 group in crest view right now but movin further east ,,long drive. just checkin,,,,, good luck everyone, always stay safe
dan1238

Postby VeraW » Sat May 27, 2017 3:56 pm

Hi! I am Vera. My husband served in the Navy for 24 yrs and retired in 1994. I was a homeworker for the 1st 15 years of marriage raising our two children until we felt like it was time for me to have another career!!! I then went to wirk for the Us goverenment. We have been married for 47 yrs.

We keep our bugout bags handy and are as prepared as we know how to be. I have been canning and dehydrating food for a lot of years. We have vacumn sealed dried beans and homemade jerky. I hope learn more about how to prep for a disaster.

Looking forward to sharing information with other preppers.
VeraW

Postby Rosco 54 » Sat May 27, 2017 6:10 pm

Hi new to talking on any forum, i usually just read thru many different forums but decided to join this one. Learning to navigate
Rosco 54

Postby rebnavy1862 » Sat May 27, 2017 7:34 pm

Rosco 54 wrote:Hi new to talking on any forum, i usually just read thru many different forums but decided to join this one. Learning to navigate

Welcome Rosco. Ask questions. We can help.
Reb
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby ajax727 » Sat May 27, 2017 8:29 pm

VeraW hi and welcome good to have another NCer here .
Lot of smart people here with the knowledge to answer most if not all questions .
ajax727

Postby LamLak » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:03 pm

hello I just joined & haven't figured it all out yet. I am located in Carroll County Ohio & would like to make contact with nearby Preppers. I am an older than most of you at 83 but have several areas to contribute. Navy Vet. farm back ground, electronics tech, small engine mech, chainsaw & 2cycle bike mech, hunting, trapping, fishing, gardening, etc.
LamLak

Postby Levi » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:28 am

Welcome from East Central Ohio.
Levi
Ohio Preppers Network
Ohio Preppers Network

Postby DukeFox » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:47 am

Thanks for the welcome. My names Mike from Massachusetts. Don't hold that against me though. Some of us are ok. Looks like a good forum.
DukeFox

Postby jimcosta » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:21 am

Hello. I am Jim Costa from Pensacola, Florida.

I have been an avid prepper for several years. We have completed our Fall-Back Retreat.
We have 50 members and all of the planning and work is complete. We are just on coast-a-matic at this point.

I am just sharing ideas at this time.

Of interest to you are two articles that may help:

Prepping For Beginners in a Nut-Shell. It tells you only what you probably don't know. It would be great to send to friends or family that are not preppers to ease your guilt if SHTF.[url]
https://costa4669.wixsite.com/pensacola ... -beginners[/url]

Systematic Approach To Group Survival. This is a series of articles I posted on another forum that can be used as a cook-book to create your own group in less than a month, both cheaply and easily. Let me know if you want a copy as a word file.
http://www.prepperlink.com/index.php/forum/159-general-discussions/26550-systematic-approach-to-group-survival

I hope this helps you.
jimcosta

Postby Joker1776 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:53 pm

Hello all! Just joined up from Indiana! Hoping i can find preppers im my area and can get to becoming self sufficient!
Joker1776

Postby LetFreedomRing » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:33 pm

Hello all, also from Indiana here. 8)
LetFreedomRing

Postby botat34691 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:44 pm

Evening All,

New Port Richey FL here. Slowly trying to awaken those closest to me. Had some success and some failures. Hardest part is keep pushing without them pushing you away. Looking for like minded people in West Pasco Area.
botat34691

Postby TN-Homesteader » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:11 pm

Greetings and salutations! I joined the forum today feeling silly about not finding it earlier! Looking forward to great conversations and information sharing. My wife and I moved to our homestead in 2012 having moved from the San Francisco, CA area. Yes, quite a change but oh so welcome.

Having grown up and lived in earthquake country (southern and northern CA), prepping has always been a thing to do, kinda stupid if you did not. Roughly since 2009, we've been moving towards our goal of self reliance and SHTF preparedness that naturally comes with that. We are now where we want to be and would like to share and learn from others that are further along.
TN-Homesteader

Postby Clear Water Prepper » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:56 pm

Thanks for the welcome. Here's a little about where I'm at. Relatively new to prepping. Bought a place in the country a block from a good size river that shares a well (though the water comes from a creek, not the river) with 11 homes. The small house is heated by a wood-burning stove. One happy accident about the place is the bottom half of the exterior walls are cinderblock. Have security and trainng down pretty good...also an avid hunter and fisherman. I'm ready to start food storage. Was thinking of buying two years of 25-year shelflife freeze dried food to start, then start a food storage and a rotation system to pull from day to day. Even though I'm on a water well and there's a river down the street, I plan to buy a 1,000 gallen tank for the garage, and both large tabletop and portable filters. So definately a good start, but I'd starve to day in SHTF.
I only have 1/3 acre, but would also like to start some small-scale gardening soon and would be interested it writing with people who are doing that.

Thanks again,
Clear Water Prepper
:crazy:
Clear Water Prepper

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself