• Advertisement

Welcome! He's a Prepper. She's a Prepper. I'm a Prepper too!

Welcome to the forum! Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: ReadyMom, mmpaints

Re: Welcome! He's a Prepper. She's a Prepper. I'm a Prepper

Postby 91roadwarrior » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:10 pm

Good job setting the record straight. Too many people seem to focus overly much on the highly unlikely nuclear scenario.
"The old woman turned to the others She spoke in a crack and ringing voice--yet it was the words she spoke and not the tone in which they were spoken that sent chills racing down Jake's back: "Behold ye, the return of the White! After evil ways and evil days, the White comes again. Be of good heart and hold up your heads, for you have lived to see the wheel of ka begin to turn once more!"---Stephen King, the Wastelands
91roadwarrior

Postby medic72 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:56 pm

readymom i still love this post :) very very informative to the new members :) great job again
Master Mason
U.S Paratrooper
NREMT-Paramedic
Region 12 Leader
medic72
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Location: Townsend (southeast) Georgia/Mcintosh County/ Region 12

Postby ReadyMom » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:02 pm

medic72 wrote:readymom i still love this post :) very very informative to the new members :) great job again

Thank you! Glad so many like it! :D
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby MsDawn » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:10 pm

Great info. Thanks for sharing. I think we are good on food storage... now starting on other essentials. MsDawn
We have 4 RV sites available for rent near Palestine TX on 6 wooded acres 903 764 0097
http://campneaal.blogspot.com/
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n485/CAMP_NEAAL/
MsDawn

Postby jdwalker1996 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:04 pm

A newbie prepper from New Mexico. I got interested in this when I read material from David Morris "Survive in Place" I am in the process of getting us energy independent so that we can function without having to wait on others to make it work.
jdwalker1996

Postby MamaDarkwing » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:18 pm

Thank you SO much! Thanks to you,I feel a whole heck of alot better,knowing how much we already have here to set as our Prep supplies.And a far better game plan for the rest.

Never thought about the ordinary things I have quite like this,but I do now. Even the humblest roll of ductape and roll of twine looks like they are priceless seen thru my new 'eyes'. And dryer lint and cotton from asperin bottles have a new life too.I don't feel overwhelmed at all now,and am energized in ways I haven't been in a very,long,time.

American Preppers Network Forum/Website? I love youuuu :thumbsup:
MamaDarkwing

Postby CardinalPrepper » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:49 pm

Greetings From Ohio!

I am new so you can send me info to :

cardinalprepper@gmail.com

find me on twitter @cardinalprepper

Facebook not yet set up but will be soon!

I am greatful for this group and ready to post my videos and my knowledge as I am learning to the NoVICE!!!
CardinalPrepper

Postby SouthGANewbie » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:25 pm

Hello,

I'm so surprised that there were people out there that believed in preparation as Me and my family does. I'm an extreme couponer, and it always made sense to "stock up" for disasters. Everyone looked upon me and my husband as though we were crazy. Now, with this solar flare eruption that happened yesterday makes me a little worried. I would like to welcome any advice on what I need, other than food to prepare my family. I'm 37 and my husband 41. I have 4 boys 13, 9 and 10. We're new to this, but would definetly want to prepare 100 %.
By the way, we reside in Georgia ( Stockbridge, Hampton) area
SouthGANewbie

Postby candy_victoria » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:47 pm

Very helpful information. My husband and I are work camping in a 40' RV. We are helping to revitalize a NJ Grange. We're confronting the need to prepare on many fronts. A main focus this spring is getting food growing here and helping empower others to grow their own. In past years we have hosted composting seminars and that system is in place. I have a fresh organic seed cache and am trying to 'attract' the other human resources (knowledge) to help with the program. There are opportunities here to gain further community support for a variety of prepping issues. There is a community hall building with highway frontage to provide community workshops. Ultimately, grange membership will offer voting privilege for use of hard earned grange funds to help build the program. Grange membership is $18/year. Speakers on topics of Preparedness are invited to first Tuesday's membership meetings to introduce their products and/or experience to assist our community. e-mail cvkushnir@gmail.com if you would more information. Please, no sales or advertisements mailings.
candy_victoria

Postby fren2ken » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:21 am

Welcome all to APN. Please cruise the various blogs. There is a great deal of helpful info from knowledgeable fellow Preppers here. To folks just finding us, they may be surprised to learn that we Preppers are an amazingly large family.
"Prepare for the worst, hope for the best"

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

If one doesn't learn from the Past, then they are sure to repeat it. Is that the way we want to go?
fren2ken
West Virginia Preppers Network

Postby Nee319 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:22 am

These are great tips! Thanks. We are just getting started. I am so Happy my husband and I are on the same page and I am looking forward to employing preparedness in our lives as we are a young family.
Nee319

Postby GA PREPPER » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:48 am

greetings from the south. i started prepping last year on a tight budget & online educating.hear to learn!! very excited about APN
:D
GA prepper region 1
GA PREPPER
Georgia Preppers Network
Georgia Preppers Network

Postby fren2ken » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:56 pm

GA PREPPER wrote:greetings from the south. i started prepping last year on a tight budget & online educating.hear to learn!! very excited about APN
:D

Welcome aboard.
"Prepare for the worst, hope for the best"

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

If one doesn't learn from the Past, then they are sure to repeat it. Is that the way we want to go?
fren2ken

Postby rmorrison19 » Tue May 29, 2012 8:21 pm

Great site !!
love all the positiveness....
New to sites and groups...but have been researching and preparing for the last six months. I chose to start with Power backup..(Honda 5000 generator) now Im educating myself with certain skills...canning...self defense..etc...I live in NE Ohio..my concerns are (Terrorist attack, Economical collasp,Tornado's). Im looking for like minded individuals in this area.(even just sharing thru blogs is cool).... I believe there is power & knowledge in numbers !

Thanks for creating this site.

F.F.F. Family of Four Father.
rmorrison19

Postby Kbmfaith1 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:23 am

Hi all. I am new to prepping and have never been on a forum before. It actually took me five minutes to figure out how to post. I live in northern Georgia with my husband and my mom lives next door. We are ready to be ready! I look forward to getting to know you and learning from you all. :help:
Kbmfaith1

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself