• Advertisement

New member, in CT

Welcome to the forum! Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: ReadyMom, mmpaints

New member, in CT

Postby Duncan113 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:37 am

Hi, everyone. I've been living in CT now for about 2.5 years, originally from NY. I am hoping to find like-minded souls here, on this forum, and to make some new friends. I would value having some people to talk to who understand me, because in recent years, as the general level of intelligence, education and simple sanity has decreased, I find it hard to locate those I can converse with and relate to.

As for prepping, for me it's just some basic preparedness (I lived through Sandy on the east end of Long Island and learned this lesson the hard way) combined with every day carry, and physical safety in this time of rioting and madness. I would like to discuss this latter topic in more depth with people--how to keep safe when walking around an urban area, how to stay on the right side of the law while still defending oneself if necessary, etc. I also have a get home bag in my car which I'm always working on.

Feel free to drop me a line a say hello.
Duncan113

Re: New member, in CT

Postby Cast Iron » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:02 am

Duncan113 wrote:Hi, everyone. I've been living in CT now for about 2.5 years, originally from NY. I am hoping to find like-minded souls here, on this forum, and to make some new friends. I would value having some people to talk to who understand me, because in recent years, as the general level of intelligence, education and simple sanity has decreased, I find it hard to locate those I can converse with and relate to.

As for prepping, for me it's just some basic preparedness (I lived through Sandy on the east end of Long Island and learned this lesson the hard way) combined with every day carry, and physical safety in this time of rioting and madness. I would like to discuss this latter topic in more depth with people--how to keep safe when walking around an urban area, how to stay on the right side of the law while still defending oneself if necessary, etc. I also have a get home bag in my car which I'm always working on.

Feel free to drop me a line a say hello.

Good morning Duncan,
The bold above, seems to a more common occurrence than just you, sadly.

Welcome.
Cast Iron

Postby Rod » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:36 am

Hi Duncan,
Welcome, glad to see you here. I have been on APN forums for a long time and I can tell you it is a nice group with a lot of how to knowledge.
Rod
Connecticut Preppers Network
Connecticut Preppers Network

Postby SSG Nasty » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:58 am

Howdy and welcome from AZ
SSG Nasty
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Return to Introduce Yourself