• Advertisement

Hello from NJ

Welcome to the forum! Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: ReadyMom, mmpaints

Hello from NJ

Postby countrygirl612 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:25 am

Hello all. I'm so glad I found you. I'm a single mom living in NJ and I'm ready to move to where there are more like minded folks. Any suggestions would be most welcome. I have an idea where I would like to go, but would honestly appreciate some other thoughts on different areas. And the whole idea of being prepared is very overwhelming. I've read a lot of books and articles on the basics, but just getting started is hard. Its just me and my son and he is totally on board with this plan, especially moving out of NJ. So, any words of wisdom, send them my way!
countrygirl612

Re: Hello from NJ

Postby oldasrocks » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:36 am

It depends on what kind of job you are looking for and qualified for. Most preppers are closed mouthed as to who they are in any area.
oldasrocks
Missouri Preppers Network
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby JEEPJEEP666 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:38 am

WELCOME FROM SE PA
JEEPJEEP666

Postby NJMike » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:44 am

Welcome to the forum!

There are some local groups in NJ or nearby that meet from time to time. Not sure of what part of NJ you're in, but depending on where, I can provide a few recommendations. A group I've helped co-organize is possibly starting up meetings again.

As a general bit of guidance- If you want to be by other prepared people, one idea is to look at areas where people are already pretty well self-sufficient or otherwise capable with the skills to be. Farm country (pick a state) has plenty of people of that type. However, one has to weigh their options in jobs, schools and other things.
NJMike
New Jersey Preppers Network
New Jersey Preppers Network

Postby Photon Guy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:49 am

countrygirl612 wrote:Hello all. I'm so glad I found you. I'm a single mom living in NJ and I'm ready to move to where there are more like minded folks. Any suggestions would be most welcome. I have an idea where I would like to go, but would honestly appreciate some other thoughts on different areas. And the whole idea of being prepared is very overwhelming. I've read a lot of books and articles on the basics, but just getting started is hard. Its just me and my son and he is totally on board with this plan, especially moving out of NJ. So, any words of wisdom, send them my way!

Come to PA. I am originally from NJ but now Im a PA resident and its much better. So you might want to look into moving to PA.
Photon Guy

Return to Introduce Yourself