• Advertisement

Hello from Somewhere in MT

Welcome to the forum! Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: ReadyMom, mmpaints

Hello from Somewhere in MT

Postby Dieselfume1 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:28 pm

Hi there!

Young (relatively) husband and father checking in from the eastern part of Montana.

Grew up on the ranch I live on today. Raise beef, chickens, sheep. Put up hay, and grow children.

When I left home I became a certified diesel tech for Caterpillar, so I have a pretty good diesel background, but have spent most of my life with a wrench in my hand and can fix most anything that has an engine.

The world we live in today is all but certain. in fact , I think the only thing I can say for certain is that the world is unraveling and void of Christ and purpose. For me that means that I need to do my part to be ready for what comes next. Whatever that is.

I wouldn't label myself a prepper, but it's something my wife talk and consider more an more each day. I have start to firearms, we are well situated on water. We now have a 2 month supply of food (that we actually will eat) in our pantry, and are constantly adding to that stock.

Areas where I'm uncertain is what I should stock for antibiotics, and can livestock antibiotic be used for human use in a pinch?

My wife cans, but not as much as we need to. We planted about 3 apple trees in the past 3 years, as well as 2 peach trees and 1 Asian pear. Thinking about nut trees, but we are so cold here, I'm not sure how well I can expect any of these to grow (zone 3).

For the most part, I am confident of our chances in a SHTF scenario, but I'm always looking to gain knowledge, and maybe I can help a few others in other areas.

I like the looks of the forum and look forward to reading the posts and sharing!
Dieselfume1

Re: Hello from Somewhere in MT

Postby TRex2 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:12 am

Dieselfume1 wrote:Hi there!
Young (relatively) husband and father checking in from the eastern part of Montana.
Grew up on the ranch I live on today. Raise beef, chickens, sheep. Put up hay, and grow children.
When I left home I became a certified diesel tech for Caterpillar, so I have a pretty good diesel background, but have spent most of my life with a wrench in my hand and can fix most anything that has an engine.

Excellent. There is a saying: skills beats stuff.
You have skills.

The world we live in today is all but certain. in fact , I think the only thing I can say for certain is that the world is unraveling and void of Christ and purpose. For me that means that I need to do my part to be ready for what comes next. Whatever that is.
Hope you will look at the Christian portion of the forum, also.

I wouldn't label myself a prepper, but it's something my wife talk and consider more an more each day. I have start to firearms, we are well situated on water. We now have a 2 month supply of food (that we actually will eat) in our pantry, and are constantly adding to that stock.

You are a prepper, although, in your part of the country, that may also be normal.

Areas where I'm uncertain is what I should stock for antibiotics, and can livestock antibiotic be used for human use in a pinch?
The answers are "probably" and "yes"

My wife cans, but not as much as we need to. We planted about 3 apple trees in the past 3 years, as well as 2 peach trees and 1 Asian pear. Thinking about nut trees, but we are so cold here, I'm not sure how well I can expect any of these to grow (zone 3).

For the most part, I am confident of our chances in a SHTF scenario, but I'm always looking to gain knowledge, and maybe I can help a few others in other areas.

I like the looks of the forum and look forward to reading the posts and sharing!
(Again)Excellent.
Welcome to the forum.
TRex2

Return to Introduce Yourself