• Advertisement

Hey, from Chicago?

Welcome to the forum! Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: ReadyMom, mmpaints

Hey, from Chicago?

Postby tcookie59 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:18 pm

Hi all. You might think I am crasy...being a prepper who lives in BIG city. Know what got me into prepping? Not being able to take a shower. I live in Chicago IL., the third largest city in the USA. One of the first cities in north america to have a municipal water and sewer system. Thing is it's over one hundred years old! Since 2005 I lost my city water supply about 15 times. Anywhere, from a day or two, up to a week and a half. So, I store water. Enough meet ALL my needs for a month. I also store food because, I lost my job in "the great recsssion". I got 2 job interviews in 6 months. Shortly after that my unemployment check stopped. Thank God I was able to get a "Mc Job" before my savings ran out. Though, as soon as I started working? The dole I got to buy food stopped. I mostly ate one or two meals a day for longer than I care to think about. Does this make me sound like some weirdo? No. It makes me someone who understands - It doesn't happen to someone else. It has happened to me.
tcookie59

Re: Hey, from Chicago?

Postby TimWhite » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:09 pm

Welcome to the group.
TimWhite
Illinois Preppers Network
Illinois Preppers Network

Postby Illini Warrior » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:57 am

tcookie59 wrote:Hi all. You might think I am crasy...being a prepper who lives in BIG city. Know what got me into prepping? Not being able to take a shower. I live in Chicago IL., the third largest city in the USA. One of the first cities in north america to have a municipal water and sewer system. Thing is it's over one hundred years old! Since 2005 I lost my city water supply about 15 times. Anywhere, from a day or two, up to a week and a half. So, I store water. Enough meet ALL my needs for a month. I also store food because, I lost my job in "the great recsssion". I got 2 job interviews in 6 months. Shortly after that my unemployment check stopped. Thank God I was able to get a "Mc Job" before my savings ran out. Though, as soon as I started working? The dole I got to buy food stopped. I mostly ate one or two meals a day for longer than I care to think about. Does this make me sound like some weirdo? No. It makes me someone who understands - It doesn't happen to someone else. It has happened to me.

from everything you said - you sound like a Southsider vs a Northsider - maybe the Alphabet Avenues in the Southeast .... haven't seen anyone post from the actual city in about 5-6 years - you do have a little bit of prepper company in the city - Downtown into the Northside - damn rare .... watch your back where ever you are living in the city - the shooters are spreading out ....

there's a prepper bi-state prepper group that meets down in the Cedar Lake IN area - some Chicago members ....
Illini Warrior

Postby tamtbell » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:57 pm

Welcome! My family is from Chicago! Dad, Aunt, Uncles, got lots of cousins there!
Hubby says I have somewhat of a Chicagoan accent. :)
tamtbell
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Postby Illini Warrior » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:25 pm

tamtbell wrote:Welcome! My family is from Chicago! Dad, Aunt, Uncles, got lots of cousins there!
Hubby says I have somewhat of a Chicagoan accent. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBnnon_iZOM
Illini Warrior

Return to Introduce Yourself