• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

Greetings from the Penal Colony of Clownifornia

Welcome to the forum! Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: ReadyMom, mmpaints

Greetings from the Penal Colony of Clownifornia

Postby Oldrek » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:58 am

Just checking in and wanted to say Hi. Living in the State of Jefferson (aka extreme northern Clowniforia) I am new to this site and the world of prepping. I am currently trying to educate my wife and begin work towards the first goal of at least a 3 month food supply to begin. Being a retired vet and now disabled makes the big ticket items difficult to purchase, but God willing and the creek don't rise we can get more of the top list inventory pieces in place before anything major comes down. Seeing the political state here on the commie coast disturbs me to no end. Frustration is the easiest way to put it. Having our God given rights to Liberty and self defense taken away at every session of the state government's meetings makes for a very tense time in my household.
I will be perusing the boards for answers to some of my many questions, but reading some of the replies to the Intro Page gives me hope that I can and will have the answers I need. Bug out is difficult with cardiac issues, but not impossible. You just have to make a plan and follow the plan the way I see it. Improvise, Adapt and Overcome any obstacles and then have Faith and trust in God to help you through.
Alas, I have overstated my welcome, so I will sign off for now. May God richly bless y'all and see us through to the end.
Oldrek
Oldrek

Re: Greetings from the Penal Colony of Clownifornia

Postby JoyDog » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:49 am

Welcome to the site and THANK YOU for your service.
JoyDog

Postby ForwardPreppers » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:26 am

Welcome from GA.

FP
ForwardPreppers
South Carolina State Moderator
South Carolina State Moderator

Postby rickdun » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:59 am

Welcome from Pennsylvania and thank you for your service.

Sorry to hear that you don't like where you live, but I can't say I blame you. I'm just glad I don't live anywhere near the left coast.

All you can do is prepare the best you can since you're in the situation as you describe.

Best of luck
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby Yeti_2015 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:04 pm

Welcome from the gun loving state of Oklahoma. Also thank you for your service.
Yeti_2015
Oklahoma Preppers Network
Oklahoma Preppers Network

Postby IceFire » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:57 pm

Welcome from SE Arizona, Oldrek. Thank you for your service. I was born and raised in Commiefornia...escaped by joining the Army. It was getting crazy even back in the 70s.The ONLY reason I EVER go back (for as short a time as possible) is to visit family.
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby North County Guy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:27 am

Welcome from the Southern portion of the prison
North County Guy

Postby Oldrek » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:26 pm

rickdun wrote: Sorry to hear that you don't like where you live,

rickdun don't get me wrong, I live in a very beautiful part of the state. Mountains, large timber and plenty of fish and game. It's the political climate that keeps this from being the perfect paradise.

Thank you all for the welcome and you are welcome. I try to tell people who thank me for my service that "it was a pleasure and an honor. Not always a pleasure, but most certainly always an honor." I also thank each of you for your service as the case may be. If you didn't serve that's OK too. Life takes us to places that impact lives no matter your occupation. Y'all are making an impact here, so again thank you.

Oldrek
Oldrek

Postby rickdun » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:02 pm

Oldrek I wasn't talking about the physical left coast I mean the political left coast, gun control, santuary state, illegals running around like rabbits, the governor, the mayors, etc.. Sorry if you took that wrong.
rickdun

Postby wrighteous » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:25 pm

Howdy from a fellow NorCal'er.
wrighteous

Postby Oldrek » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:54 pm

rickdun - I think I catch your drift. We get a lot of flack from folks about where we live, but didn't mean to come off as defensive. Would I like to live somewhere with more Liberty? You bet, but life gets in the way and some must make sacrifices and settle in and do what we can to survive. I am a bit sarcastic at times and it's hard to get that across in a forum. No offense taken and hopefully none given. :)

wrighteous - Cool, nice to know there are others around here as well. I live at the base of a very big mountain along the highway. You anywhere close to that?
Oldrek

Return to Introduce Yourself